What's new

Presidential system in Türkiye.

Do you support the presidential system in Türkiye?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not gonna vote because I don't care anymore. Besides I have a huge "confidence" to our people. I'm expecting something like 70 percent vote in favor of presidential system. Me being against it doesn't change anything.
Its up to you but the poll only shows where you stand(for those who didnt know it) and in this case,one vote will make a difference.

Everything is finished and now we are thinking about presidential system?

And the sooner we done with it, the better.
Turkey and his neighbours will not be allright anytime soon, after Daech is defeated (which can still dure 2/3 years), the fighting with PKK/YPG will be more intense than ever, while in Turkey we must reorganize the army, clean the parlement of some HDP's deputy, and clean the administration of Gulen....

Do you support the presidential system in Türkiye ?
Yes or no,why?
No trolling!
No.

People, think that presidential system will be like US's....but they know nothing about the US system...and can't understand why it's impossible to implement their system on our country.

Presidential system on a uniter parliament is impossible, oh it's not impossible actually. It has been tried once and it produced Hitler.

We are not forced to chooce a US's style presidential sytem....in France the system is different, the president has more power that the US's president.

Anyways I knew that many is worry about Erdogan and to limit his power.....but today what limit Erdogan's power ?
Nothing because legally is not even the leader the PM is, and Erdogan power come form AKP's loyalty. Nothing can control a party loyalty, you cannot limit or make a law which can force a party to don't like the president!

This loophole make Erdogan even more powerfull, because he can always avoid to be blamed thank to this, saying this is PM's responsability not mine if sometine went wrong.

Anyways, the talk about Erdogan is bad news is useless, Erdogan will dirige Turkey with or without the presidendiel system, thank to the coup, his popularity is highter than ever in AKP and his electorat.....the problem if the after Erdogan.

After Erdogan, AKP will not be able to keep the majority, and then we will come back to coalition day....and then everbody will miss Erdogan.

After Erdogan, AKP will not be able to keep the majority, and then we will come back to coalition day....and then everbody will miss Erdogan.
IMO, coalition government is not a bad thing. There is an example in front of us like German government. However, we have bad memories about coalition governments in Turkey.

I would lower the %10 threshold to % 3-5, and force political parties to collaborate with each other. Today's political parties feeds on tension. Their language is so low and they came to point where they can't look each other into their faces. It also reflects on to people and cause "ötekileştirme". Which is bad for Turkish society. We could only get united because of coup...but today, political parties again using harsh language against each other.

Presidential System would apply Separation of Powers. Today, there is no such thing as Separation of Powers. We don't even have one mechanism to decide government and parliament induvidually. Today's system is like a Dictatorship. Elected political party rules everything, both legislature and executive powers. Elected party does whatever it wants. We need Presidential System. In Pr. System, people will elect government and parliament induvidually with 2 different elections. People may give these powers to one political view, or may give that to many.

And there will not be questions in people's mind about Government members, before election. All President candidates would give their Minister candidate lists to the Public, so Nation will directly elect the Government. Instead of one Political party leader that decides everything like Padishah. So, Presidential System is far way more democratic than today's system.

IMO, coalition government is not a bad thing. There is an example in front of us like German government. However, we have bad memories about coalition governments in Turkey.

This is not only about bad memories, but about the reality today too. Fact is the political party in Turkey are not mature enought to speak without insulting each other.

I dare say their relationship are worst today than 15 years ago!

To lower the threshold will be mistake without a presidentiel system, if they cannot manage to speak between 4 party, they will have less chance to do it with 10 party. But that will be good thing with a presidentiel system, then the AKP would have lose some of his legislature power with a new threshold, but the executive would not be paralyzed.

We are not a europeen country, Turkey's neigbourd are not Germany or Switzerland...we cannot have a weak executive.

This is why CHP shoudl be little smart rather to be a little child crying about Erdogan.....they should agree to a presidentiel system without wasting time with referedum, in return AKP should agree to lower the threshold. I think Erdogan would agree to it because he is a man power rather than ideology, he would prefer the executive than the legislature.

But if CHP continue to refuse a presidentiel system, AKP will have it with a referundum, and then AKP will be the only one to set the rules.

Presidential System would apply Separation of Powers. Today, there is no such thing as Separation of Powers. We don't even have one mechanism to decide government and parliament induvidually. Today's system is like a Dictatorship. Elected political party rules everything, both legislature and executive powers. Elected party does whatever it wants. We need Presidential System. In Pr. System, people will elect government and parliament induvidually with 2 different elections. People may give these powers to one political view, or may give that to many.

And there will not be questions in people's mind about Government members, before election. All President candidates would give their Minister candidate lists to the Public, so Nation will directly elect the Government. Instead of one Political party leader that decides everything like Padishah. So, Presidential System is far way more democratic than today's system.

It won't work like that. Erdoğan wants this presidential system so he can have even more power, absolute power. Trust me he calculated all these stuff.

Back
Top Bottom