What's new

ERDOGAN's new modern Turkiye 2002-2023

And just to clarify, I am not against all white turks. The traditional definition of them has been the non-religious class of Turkey.

I knew a white Turk from Istanbul who would visit us in Karachi when I was a child. Her name was Deniz and she was such a loving sweet woman. Very gentle and kind.

I think she connected with us easily because we both belong to the non-religious upper class of Turkey. She was Westernized and weren't that different. But she had no prejudices towards us. Why would she visit our country if she thought like that.

She had dark blonde hair with slight Central Asian features. One of our housekeepers from Bangladesh thought all Turks look like her. He said she was a very nice person. He asked me is she Muslim? Because he confused her with Europeans because of her European looks.

She dies of cancer about a year ago. But at the same time I knew a middle class one working as a chef. He was not upper class.

But he had very cranky views on Pakistanis and said very derogatory and stereotypical things about us. He was a Kemalist type.

Very fanatical and insecure. Only I years later I began to learn who he is where he got these beliefs from.

Such are the Turks I am against. But now I realize, they do not represent all Turks or even the majority of Turks.

He also lied most of what he said. Typical denialist and liar. But again, he does not represent all Turks but a certain class or subculture of Turks.
First of all, I'm very sorry for your loss. So please accept my condolences. Good friendships are always remembered with good memories.

Unfortunately, alienation from one's own culture is a real phenomenon in TR. In other words, these stereotypical and ignorant things that are unpleasant to you and your culture are also unpleasant to our general. The only thing I can say about this is not that there is no such thing, but that generalizing from ideological stereotypes does not always produce accurate analysis.

We are guests here and to be honest, there are not many of us, so the discussions we have among ourselves on such sociological issues are not visible here. However, I can assure you that this supremacist point of view can be seen even among religious people, and even we see it. While we are already fundamentally opposed to this orientalist way of thinking of the West, we are equally disturbed by this erosion of culture within ourselves.

this guy is using 50% of the world wide web's bandwidth just to post the same shitty photos of torkey 100 times a day

First of all, I'm very sorry for your loss. So please accept my condolences. Good friendships are always remembered with good memories.

Unfortunately, alienation from one's own culture is a real phenomenon in TR. In other words, these stereotypical and ignorant things that are unpleasant to you and your culture are also unpleasant to our general. The only thing I can say about this is not that there is no such thing, but that generalizing from ideological stereotypes does not always produce accurate analysis.

We are guests here and to be honest, there are not many of us, so the discussions we have among ourselves on such sociological issues are not visible here. However, I can assure you that this supremacist point of view can be seen even among religious people, and even we see it. While we are already fundamentally opposed to this orientalist way of thinking of the West, we are equally disturbed by this erosion of culture within ourselves.

Thank you. I had not seen aunty Deniz in decades. The last time I saw her if I am not wrong is when I was 11 back in 1997.

But not all white turks can be seen as bad because of good ones like her. Rather a large community within the white Turks have stupid mentalities.

And even outside the white Turks, these fascist mentality also exists in some middle class Turks, mostly from western Turkey.

But again as I wrote, they don't represent all Turks even though they have had strong influence in Turkey. A Turk on Quora told me these Turks have been the ones giving popularity to right-wing Islamists.

Turkey's divisions, although not so clear cut or simplistic, I learned about through reading history and watching interviews from Turks as well as documentaries.

Even foreigners have stereotypes about Turkey because of what they see in touristy areas like Istanbul, Izmir & Antalya.

And just to clarify, I am not against all white turks. The traditional definition of them has been the non-religious class of Turkey.

I knew a white Turk from Istanbul who would visit us in Karachi when I was a child. Her name was Deniz and she was such a loving sweet woman. Very gentle and kind.

I think she connected with us easily because we both belong to the non-religious upper class of our country. She was Westernized and weren't that different. But she had no prejudices towards us. Why would she visit our country if she thought like that.

She had dark blonde hair with slight Central Asian features. One of our housekeepers from Bangladesh thought all Turks look like her. He said she was a very nice person. He asked me is she Muslim? Because he confused her with Europeans because of her European looks.

She died of cancer about a year ago. But at the same time I knew a middle class one working as a chef. He was not upper class.

But he had very cranky views on Pakistanis and said very derogatory and stereotypical things about us. He was a Kemalist type.

Very fanatical and insecure. Only I years later I began to learn who he is where he got these beliefs from.

Such are the Turks I am against. But now I realize, they do not represent all Turks or even the majority of Turks.

He also lied most of what he said. Typical denialist and liar. But again, he does not represent all Turks but a certain class or subculture of Turks.
My condolences for your loss..
The ideological differences in Turkey are not as sharp as they seem from the outside.
I can show you dozens of İslamists with the characteristics and lifestyle you mentioned for white Turks.. In general, conservative and secular peoples have similar lifestyles and problems. So racism can come from both side not only from white Turks.

Last edited:
My condolences for your loss..
Ideological differences in Turkey are not so sharp from how they seem from the outside.
I can show you dozens of İslamists with the characteristics and lifestyle you mentioned for white Turks.. In general, conservative and secular peoples have similar lifestyles and problems and racism can come from both side not only from white Turks.

So it's very similar society to Pakistan as I thought. Although Pakistan is a much more overpopulated country with much more issues regarding human development compared to Turkey, which is a more sustainable country by comparison because of it's smaller population.

Last edited:
Human Development Index use GDP PPP per capita

because adjusted for the cost living in each Country.

PPP takes into account the relative cost of living and the inflation rates of the countries, rather than using only exchange rates, which may distort the real differences in income

read and learn about measure of a country's average achievements in dimensions of human development

• a decent standard of living, as measured by GNI per capita in PPP terms in USD ($)

Source :

Turkiye's GDP PPP per capita has risen to $41.412 from $9.281 between 2002 and 2023 led by president ERDOGAN

GDP PPP per capita

Turkiye : $41.412
Greece : $39.478
Russia : $34.837
China : $23.382
Iran : $19.548
Egypt : $16.979
Indonesia : $15.855
India : $9.073

Last edited:

Türkiye launches construction of 1st battery plant​

Türkiye has laid the foundation for a facility that will manufacture batteries, which will power its first domestically manufactured automobile TOGG

Türkiye becomes a strong player in battery technologies.
This campus will become an integrated center producing battery modules and packages with high nickel, including battery cells, by 2026

bursa-cumhurbaskani-erdogan-gemlikte-halka-hitap-etti-detaylar.jpg

2034539.jpg

togg95.jpg

Campus, to be set up on a 607,000 m2 area next to TOGG’s production site in Bursa,
1682379368126.jpeg

In Greece, Turks are the highest spending foreign tourists in Eastern Macedonia and Western Thrace, near the Turkish-Greek border. Especially the islands near the Turkish coast and the northern cities are popular destinations for Turkish tourists.

Cut the crap. most of wealthiest tourists are from Northern Europe

Human Development Index use GDP PPP per capita

because adjusted for the cost living in each Country.

PPP takes into account the relative cost of living and the inflation rates of the countries, rather than using only exchange rates, which may distort the real differences in income

read and learn about measure of a country's average achievements in dimensions of human development

• a decent standard of living, as measured by GNI per capita in PPP terms in USD ($)

Source :

Turkiye's GDP PPP per capita has risen to $41.412 from $9.281 between 2002 and 2023 led by president ERDOGAN

GDP PPP per capita

Turkiye : $41.412
Greece : $39.478
Russia : $34.837
China : $23.382
Iran : $19.548
Egypt : $16.979
Indonesia : $15.855
India : $9.073

publish the nominal foreign debt per captia for all those countries
Turkey $5400
Egypt $1421