What's new

Possible Powerplants of Super MKI: AL-31F M1 or 117?

When is India planning to induct upgraded Super Sukhois in service?

Su-30MKIs won't be very effective against PAF's elite units comprising of advance upgraded F-16s and F-16s block 52s...

F-16s' (clean) RCS is 1m^2....that's almost stealth!!!!

Advance PAF F-16s equipped with AIM-120Cs, advance electronic suits, and 21st century avionics might be able to pick up Su-30MKI before Su-30s would even see the PAF's fighters.

Su-30MKIs won't be very effective against PAF's elite units comprising of advance upgraded F-16s and F-16s block 52s...

Advance PAF F-16s equipped with AIM-120Cs, advance electronic suits, and 21st century avionics might be able to pick up Su-30MKI before Su-30s would even see the PAF's fighters.

For F-16 we have Mig-29s, Mirrage 2005 and other smaller RCS planes. You wont need Su-30MKI to fight with it. and IF you dont know Su-30 MKI comes in heave weight cat, designed to foghet again another heavy weight F-15. The requirements are different.

@IND151 There were rumours that Super sokhoi might go through an engine upgrade, but there is nothin official about it. and dont worry about AESA, SU-30 mki will not use the same aesa that PAKFA will use.

For F-16 we have Mig-29s, Mirrage 2005 and other smaller RCS planes. You wont need Su-30MKI to fight with it. and IF you dont know Su-30 MKI comes in heave weight cat, designed to foghet again another heavy weight F-15. The requirements are different.

@IND151 There were rumours that Super sokhoi might go through an engine upgrade, but there is nothin official about it. and dont worry about AESA, SU-30 mki will not use the same aesa that PAKFA will use.

But still the AESA will demand more power.

IAF will use its premiere asset against PAF in any war. That's the given.

F-16s have shot down every.single.mig29s it ever faced every where in the world.

The impeccable record speaks for itself.

F-16s have shot down every.single.mig29s it ever faced every where in the world.

Well that depends on more about opponents. If you think that Iraqi MIGs would have any chance against US aircrafts then you are wrong as no one can match American support to their pilots with all those AWACS and intelligence gathering and many more things.
On the other hand we have seen even basic mirages2000 has shot F16D but not vice versa if opponent is equally potent. Upgraded 29s and Mirages are beasts!! hell now RCS of upgraded mig29 is 5 times less than basic ones I.e ~ 1 m2.

Well that depends on more about opponents. If you think that Iraqi MIGs would have any chance against US aircrafts then you are wrong as no one can match American support to their pilots with all those AWACS and intelligence gathering and many more things.
On the other hand we have seen even basic mirages2000 has shot F16D but not vice versa if opponent is equally potent. Upgraded 29s and Mirages are beasts!! hell now RCS of upgraded mig29 is 5 times less than basic ones I.e ~ 1 m2.

When have Mirages2000s shot F-16Ds in real war?

When have Mirages2000s shot F-16Ds in real war?
It was in 96 I guess. F16D was piloted by Turkish pilots while Mirahe2000 was Greek.
Anyway I guess we are going off topic and unnecessarily bringing things which have no relevance on this thread.

Last edited:
It was in 96 I guess. F16D was piloted by Turkish pilots while Mirahe2000 was Greek.
Anyway I guess we are going off topic and unnecessarily bringing things which have no relevance on this thread.

Never heard of that. I'd like to read about it though...

Its kinda funny looking back..Greeks used to be up there..

Today, we dwarf Greece by light years!, Mashallah though...it should stay like that always.

Do you know about kargil?

Depends on the fighters too. Su-30 MKI comes in a heavyweight class, and hence can carry a heavier long range radar. Its radar can track upto 400km and its effective targetive range is 200 km.
For Blk 52 version, its radar range is just 296 km, and its targetive range is 105km for a 5m2 arial target.

Depends on the fighters too. Su-30 MKI comes in a heavyweight class, and hence can carry a heavier long range radar. Its radar can track upto 400km and its effective targetive range is 200 km.
For Blk 52 version, its radar range is just 296 km, and its targetive range is 105km for a 5m2 arial target.

Doesn't matter what the "range" of radar is.

If F-16 block 52 has very small RCS....and is carrying high-tech jammers...then Su-30MKIs won't be able to even see it before it sees the Sukhois...

Su-30MKI has a MASSIVE RCS.

PAF F-16s will definitely see it first and would get a superior aerial combat position...

Didn't PAF F-16s and IAF Su-30MKIs came face to face after Mumbai attacks? PAF F-16s got a target lock on Su-30MKIs and they were forced to retreat...

India denied that event though...but I'm sure that in real life, PAF's F-16s would detect IAF's Su-30MKI before the vice versa. That's just common sense...

Do you know about kargil?

Yes.

PAF and IAF never fought. Just couple of target locks on each other here and other..nothing big...

Yes. Turkish pilots family sued Greek pilot too back in 2004.

hurriyet
- Family of Martyred Pilot Petitions to ECHR Against Athens

PS: No more off topic posts pls.

Peace-time shooting.

I bet F-16 pilots didn't take off that day with the intent to fight.

Anyways, F-16s are a proven asset...superior to Mig-29s any day.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter what the "range" of radar is.

If F-16 block 52 has very small RCS....and is carrying high-tech jammers...then Su-30MKIs won't be able to even see it before it sees the Sukhois...

Su-30MKI has a MASSIVE RCS.

PAF F-16s will definitely see it first and would get a superior aerial combat position...

Didn't PAF F-16s and IAF Su-30MKIs came face to face after Mumbai attacks? PAF F-16s got a target lock on Su-30MKIs and they were forced to retreat...

India denied that event though...but I'm sure that in real life, PAF's F-16s would detect IAF's Su-30MKI before the vice versa. That's just common sense...

Yes.

PAF and IAF never fought. Just couple of target locks on each other here and other..nothing big...

Peace-time shooting.

I bet F-16 pilots didn't take off that day with the intent to fight.

Anyways, F-16s are a proven asset...superior to Mig-29s any day.
Not really. Radar wise MKIs radar is massive and thus its RCS disadvantage is nullified. and not to forget that Its radar is PESA hence less prone to jamming compared to that of F16s. MKI has a massive Israeli jammer too which they use in their advance F15s( and they use smaller version of same jammer on Israeli f16s). MKI can also act as a semi AWACS because of its big radar!!
About that F16D vs Mirage thing, Peace time thing is just an excuse because it was a dog fight between 4 jets( 2 each from both side), Its just that mirages come out superior that day.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom