What's new

4th Country To Deploy Stealth Fighters, How Does India’s AMCA Stack-Up Against China’s J-20 Mighty Dragon?

The word "Deploy" in the heading ought to be replaced by "Dumb Ploy" and that would be a more accurate reflection of reality.

The word "Deploy" in the heading ought to be replaced by "Dumb Ploy" and that would be a more accurate reflection of reality.

Oooh, that stung! :lol:

At this moment, you are probably correct. However, all those highly paid scientists and technicians have to be kept on useful work. Asking them to do something like this might be the solution that had emerged in the dim recesses of some political office.

If the Air Force doesn't keep butting in and changing their minds every six months (as they did during the Tejas Development), you might see the plane referred to fly in your lifetime. I won't see it.

On a slightly sober note, however, do take a look at Amardeep Mishra's post. He himself, along with some others, has been doing very good work in mathematical and technical areas with particular reference to control theory; this goes into flight control laws for aerodynamically unstable aircraft management. On radar and a couple of other areas where people frowned at me when I thought they would be interesting topics, there is serious work that has gone in; India is one of only eight or nine countries that have developed airborne AESA radar, and there are other surprisingly advanced.

After the Tejas nightmare, even though the design came through eventually and nobody crashed one of those during testing, people can't help feeling wryly amused at the thought of a follow-on!

Deploy is indeed incorrect, but it will probably be true. Already manufacturing the prototype has started, so in all likelyhood we will be the 4th to make a stealth fighter.

Everyone else planning a stealth fighter is still in conceptual design phase.

Oooh, that stung! :lol:

At this moment, you are probably correct. However, all those highly paid scientists and technicians have to be kept on useful work. Asking them to do something like this might be the solution that had emerged in the dim recesses of some political office.

If the Air Force doesn't keep butting in and changing their minds every six months (as they did during the Tejas Development), you might see the plane referred to fly in your lifetime. I won't see it.

On a slightly sober note, however, do take a look at Amardeep Mishra's post. He himself, along with some others, has been doing very good work in mathematical and technical areas with particular reference to control theory; this goes into flight control laws for aerodynamically unstable aircraft management. On radar and a couple of other areas where people frowned at me when I thought they would be interesting topics, there is serious work that has gone in; India is one of only eight or nine countries that have developed airborne AESA radar, and there are other surprisingly advanced.

After the Tejas nightmare, even though the design came through eventually and nobody crashed one of those during testing, people can't help feeling wryly amused at the thought of a follow-on!
I agree with you. Its one thing to make fun & jest, but India has cultivated an ecosystem. That ecosystem demands resources to sustain itself. Being a major economy, India can do that. However, the stifling red-tape will ensure that the ecosystem is not able to be properly productive. Look here for example:

Dude what AZM design? You guys are not even sure if azm is locally designed or it it is the turkish TFX or it is the chinesse FC-31. Lol blow AMCA to bits..try to design at least something on your own and then maybe point at others?

Indians comparing a paper project to a frontline aircraft serving on seven separate units on the PLAAF?

Indians are delusional to the max. What a retarded nation. lol

We should save the money and try to buy off the chinese leadership instead. They might not be as cheap as our other neighbour, but its still possible.

We should save the money and try to buy off the chinese leadership instead. They might not be as cheap as our other neighbour, but its still possible.
You write such stuff and expect to get respect here?

Who is asking for respect here? You must be confusing me with someone else
I thought generally people want to be treated with respect didn't know you were unique. Amazing

India has caught itself in a mess of fighter jet programs without delivering a single project properly.

Tejas, Tejas-MK1A, Tejas-MK2, Naval LCA, Twin seat Tejas, OCRA, TEDBF, MWF, AMCA. Just name it. It just goes to show how confused and ill-planned their aviation industry is actually.

They know very well they don't have capacity to develop a 5th or 5+ fighter as they are calling it. So obviously, Now they have tied up MMRCA 2.0 to ToT in critical areas from winner of MMRCA 2.0, possibly France. But as of now France has transferred ZERO technology under Rafale deal. And France fell out with Airbus in FCAS, don't think they will entertain Indians without milking them properly.

Conclusion: This article is in the same pattern we used to hear when Tejas and JF-17 were in development in early 2000's. Every day a new garbage article how Tejas will be the next big thing, replacing all Mig-21/Mig-27 by 2010, better than Mirage 2000 and F-16, and JF-17 will not even be near to it. Nothing came out of it. India don't have capacity to build any 4th/5th gen fighter and AMCA will just be another stale lemon unless India will partner up (read pay) with France to basically do everything for them. I don't see a prototype happening before 2030 anyway.
Lol Agree to some extent. I guess it's also because they have the bad luck(or goodluck) to have China as a neighbour and being in a hostile relationship with them, so they see China as a rival with whom they have to catch up and match in every field and not lack behind by too much. I guess this has played a part in so many uncompleted military programs, since they had to start other projects prematurely instead of focusing on completing the prior ones first. Since they get pressured by their bigger rival advancements and need to catch up or at least havig a semblance of not being too far behind. So this creates pressure and pushes them to rush other projects as well . I'm sure that without China it might not have been the case actually 😁😅
So can be a good thing and canbe a bad thing as well, depends on how they manage their projects and set realistic expectations.

Back
Top Bottom