What's new

Poll: Should Turkey remain a NATO member ?

Should Turkey remain a NATO member ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The deal was that turkey fullfills all thse 72 points that evry other country fullfilled. Argentina, Columbia, Equador, Brazil. All have the same points to fullfill. When turkey got all 72 points fullfilled you can have free visa.

On a sidenote Sinan, do you see this behavior as positive? Do you see us as enemies or friends?

To be truthful, after the coup, now i see US and West as enemies. US is world's sole super power we should act very carefully.

It's also interesting that Erdogan's first formal visit after the coup will be to Russia.
Another interesting point is after every major military incident (Our Jet shot down by Syria, Downing of the Russian Jet, etc..) We would request a meeting with NATO partners and debrief them.... This time we have gone through the most severe incident of our recent history.....yet, this time we requested no such thing.

Our bid for EU might end in a few months. Let's wait and see.

To be truthful, after the coup, now i see US and West as enemies. US is world's sole super power we should act very carefully.

It's also interesting that Erdogan's first formal visit after the coup will be to Russia.
Another interesting point is after every major military incident (Our Jet shot down by Syria, Downing of the Russian Jet, etc..) We would request a meeting with NATO partners and debrief them.... This time we have gone through the most severe incident of our recent history.....yet, this time we requested no such thing.

Our bid for EU might end in a few months. Let's wait and see.

I dont see you as enemy Sinan. I know we argue alot and dislike ect. But i was worried.

Our nations may not be friends but you are not my enemies either. I dont wish harm on your people.

Agreed 100%. I voted Yes. For the following reasons.

1. Turkey effectively has Russia by it balls. No Turkey and Russia goes rampant. Bad, real bad news for Eastern Europe. Time for big bear hug?
2. Turkey effectively protects Israel. Leaving NATO might push it more toward Islamism. Bad news for Israel. Don't forget not long ago Palestine was a Ottoman governorate.
3. You want to f*ck around in Middle East? Regime change? Turkey is perfect location for kicking the crap out of Middle Easterner's (read A-rab).
5. Turkey provides great place set up NATO military bases. Think, warm climate, fantastic beaches, great culture, great food. A soldiers paradise. Beats being posted in Norway, Finland or Poland.
6. Finally if shit hits tha fan. Who you want around? Yes, a Turk with a gun. We all know Turks can fight, damn good fighters. Sort of reassuring to have them in NATO than some other class 1 wussies, not naming names of course.

US would ditch half of other members to keep Turkey in. And finally do you really want them out of NATO? Leave them out they might again decide to resurrect the "Empire" and then you will have something to worry about. Ask Eastern Europe again !!!

Turkey cant resurrect the empire back buddy, other European countries/US are not going to let it happen.

Do everyone a favor. Quit.:victory:

Why quit?

You as a representative of the US here, suggested that Turkey should be thrown out. Well then atleast do some effort, go through the motions and make it happen.

Not up to me. Wish it was :taz:

Hey, I was always cool with turkey but now after this staged 'coup', or at the very least it's a coup that is being used to do some serious power consolidation, it looks like they're leaning towards being 'iran 2.0'. If that's the case, turkey has to go.

.... Well then at least do some effort, go through the motions and make it happen.

I asked for a 'favor'. :yes4:

Hey, I was always cool with turkey but now after this staged 'coup', or at the very least it's a coup that is being used to do some serious power consolidation, it looks like they're leaning towards being 'iran 2.0'. If that's the case, turkey has to go.
The one who wants to turn Turkey into Iran 2.0 is residing in Pennsylvania currently.

Since your not a friend of reading let me put a video from 1998 for you, one year before Gülen went to exile in US.

I asked for a 'favor'. :yes4:

Go where?

Turkey is not some aircraft Carrier that can just pick up and leave, and also it's not that Turkey has troops stationed in the US, its the other way round.
So it should rather be that if the US doesn't like the new unchained Turkey then they should leave. Starting with vacating Incirlick AB

You CAN'T be serious ? Leave NATO, genius. Not get up and physically move the whole country. WTF ?
Really WTF?

Read the full comment and then hit the reply button, here try again.

Go where?

Turkey is not some aircraft Carrier that can just pick up and leave, and also it's not that Turkey has troops stationed in the US, its the other way round.
So it should rather be that if the US doesn't like the new unchained Turkey then they should leave. Starting with vacating Incirlick AB

Back
Top Bottom