What's new

Poll: Should Turkey remain a NATO member ?

Should Turkey remain a NATO member ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flamer84

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I'd like votes only from posters who are citizens of a NATO member country,including,better said especially,Turkish posters.Thanks

Too early to give my vote. Will see if Gulen is extradited and how much longer the EU keeps whining

1. Given Turkeys' location, it's an essential ally for NATO. Without Turkeys bases where would NATO launch aerial attacks on Syria ?
2. Turkeys armed forces are among the biggest in NATO
3. Without NATO Turkey might apply a more friendly attitude towards Russia, and the Black Sea is then entirely in her control.
4. NATO (USA) have dozens of lehtal weapons on turkish ground today (probably pointing towards Iran and other strategical targets), protecting Israel.
4. In my view, the real question is, can NATO do without Turkey?

Yes. The people voting no have very little clue as to how important NATO is to Turkey's security.

Well, NATO can kick Turkey anytime they want. But, is it affordable?
It isn't. Turkey gave NATO a bit of legitimacy, whenever NATO forces have gone into Muslim nations, if Turkey leaves or is kicked out, NATO will be seen as a purely "white man's" club.

Turkey is the second biggest military in NATO after the U.S, combined with its strategic position and military growth in the coming years NATO cant lose it

You cant expect the lesser countries on NATO to pick up so much slack, I mean how the hell can Romania replace Turkey

I would have said no a few months ago but it looks like after the Russia/Israel rapproachment they might now be breaking their links with Hamas and Al Nusra

Last edited:
if Turkey leaves or is kicked out, NATO will be seen as a purely "white man's" club.

Just rubbish. We have plenty of diversity in NATO countries. We allow more foreigners, minorities into our countries and give them more rights than your group of countries would afford us. Most of your islamic countries you won't give us equal rights like muslim citizens, let alone give citizenship.

Trust me, NATO is not concerned with affirmative action.

4. In my view, the real question is, can NATO do without Turkey?
Agreed 100%. I voted Yes. For the following reasons.

1. Turkey effectively has Russia by it balls. No Turkey and Russia goes rampant. Bad, real bad news for Eastern Europe. Time for big bear hug?
2. Turkey effectively protects Israel. Leaving NATO might push it more toward Islamism. Bad news for Israel. Don't forget not long ago Palestine was a Ottoman governorate.
3. You want to f*ck around in Middle East? Regime change? Turkey is perfect location for kicking the crap out of Middle Easterner's (read A-rab).
5. Turkey provides great place set up NATO military bases. Think, warm climate, fantastic beaches, great culture, great food. A soldiers paradise. Beats being posted in Norway, Finland or Poland.
6. Finally if shit hits tha fan. Who you want around? Yes, a Turk with a gun. We all know Turks can fight, damn good fighters. Sort of reassuring to have them in NATO than some other class 1 wussies, not naming names of course.

US would ditch half of other members to keep Turkey in. And finally do you really want them out of NATO? Leave them out they might again decide to resurrect the "Empire" and then you will have something to worry about. Ask Eastern Europe again !!!

Last edited:
Yes. The people voting no have very little clue as to how important NATO is to Turkey's security.

It isn't. Turkey gave NATO a bit of legitimacy, whenever NATO forces have gone into Muslim nations, if Turkey leaves or is kicked out, NATO will be seen as a purely "white man's" club.

No doubt,Turkey is very important to NATO but can NATO tolerate this behaviour anymore?.NATO stands for something,democracy,human rights .How can they "lecture" Russia when a NATO member is in the middle of a stalinist purge ? There are all kind of nuances but Turkey doesn't get it....they keep screaming "we do what we want!"...yes,you're independent,we know,but you walk around with a NATO badge.Now,in the Cold War,this was tolerated but times have changed.

Just rubbish. We have plenty of diversity in NATO countries. We allow more foreigners, minorities into our countries and give them more rights than your group of countries would afford us. Most of your islamic countries you won't give us equal rights like muslim citizens, let alone give citizenship.

Trust me, NATO is not concerned with affirmative action.
You can call it rubbish, but that is the general perception. In fact, when NATO officially went into Afghanistan, Turkey was put center stage, in order to win hearts and minds. This is a fact, one that you cannot simply ignore.

As for this "we" vs "you" argument, now THAT is rubbish. First of all, I live in Canada, I've been here for most of my life, so your attempt at separating "us" from "them" is poor at best.

You're talking out of your ***, by appealing to pure emotion, instead of presenting factual points.

You'd be surprised how much ethnic relations play a part in international defense organizations and geopolitics.

Well, NATO can kick Turkey anytime they want. But, is it affordable?

IMHO opinion ,NATO doesn't want that,but the sultan is playing a dangerous hand right now.

1. Turkey effectively has Russia by it balls. No Turkey and Russia goes rampant. Bad, real bad news for Eastern Europe. Time for big bear hug?

No.Life for Eastern Europe goes just the same.Turkey isn't,and never was a guarantor of security in here.

Jesus,what a narrow minded view.I now want Erdogan to continue this so I can laugh in your faces about your "independence".

Your economical success is owed to trade deals,capital infusion and tech transfer from the Western world,a club with his own rules that you choose to be part off.How can NATO talk about democracy and human rights when it has this Turkey as a member ? It's like being part of a gentlemen club and come wearing shorts when everyone is in a suit and tie.

As for that new Turkey-Iran-Russia axis,i'm laughing my way to the bank.Iran can't wait anymore to start doing business with the EU while Russia will accept you,for NOW,in its mind,Russia only sits as equals with the big boys-China,EU(more exactly France/Germany),US,not Turkey.Russia is interested in EU sanctions lifted and a more sympathetic US to its regional concerns.After Turkxist they will get that and resume their trade .Will they care about Turkey ? No.Will they remember the fighter incident ? Yes.More than that ,a strong Turkey is the last thing Russia wants as it can interfere with their Central Asian sphere of influence in all those "Stans".They'll tear you to pieces while your economy/army is decaying under Western sanctions.

Agreed 100%. I voted Yes. For the following reasons.

US would ditch half of other members to keep Turkey in.

That's for sure. That Black Sea entrance is pure gold. Plus we'll keep the Scandavians happy too so we can keep an eye on Russia's other Western fleet. On the East we have Alaska to watch them.

J We allow more foreigners, minorities into our countries and give them more rights than your group of countries would afford us. Most of your islamic countries you won't give us equal rights like muslim citizens, let alone give citizenship.
Please stop killing black Americans . America has destroyed many countries with their illegal invasion and war adventure so its quite funny when american talk about caring the lives of innocent non american .

Back
Top Bottom