What's new

Please help me understand Imran Khan's cult of personality

I dont know if u deliberately mislead or are genuinely naive. Blaming the economy on him is really not fair,
I am not blaming him Only for our economy cause that'd be unfair

I am saying after Sheikh when he picked his own FM, he was just as much a disaster as others we have had barring some goods from the 90s and sheikh
so the economy part wasn't as pretty as some think it was
if anything, his policies were not bad. If u really care abt economy then u should blame those who ruled for decades. You also say it was army behind the scene then why blame him? We saw how they raped the economy in past year and conveniently blame it on IK but ppl r not that gullible and know whose what.
I am not Solely blaming him, of course policies of army has some role to play (I would blame them 30% for their direct f ups in economy, 40% indirectly for pol instability, rest of it on civilian gov's)
As far as the hatred is concered, ppl used to know about army interference in politics but PMLN and PPP and others were portrayed as corrupt by army and we all agreed, and though army should not have interfered in their govts, ppl accepted the interference because of them being too corrupt and incompetent. When PTI came up, ppl did not see them as corrupt and army still interfered are removed their govt and not just that, united 13 parties, all corrupt mother sellers to bring down IK. This made ppl realized that army actually doznt care abt corruption infact they love it, ppl also realized army make excuses to interfere and be it any civilian govt, they will not let it operate smoothly. This realization produced extreme anger and hatred, it all actually started to make sense. Its like when u catch ur bf/gf cheating n then u realize n understand past things n u connect all the dots n the picture gets cleared. So we majority of Pakistanis who love our country, realized that its all along been the army that have encouraged corruption and corrupt politicians, its been army keeping the country poor and backward.
can't disagree here 100%
Ppl also saw their cruel and inhumane face, how brutally they treated Pakistani men, women n even children. They jailed women n minors, tortured families, destroyed businesses of ppl. This astonished ppl n they saw what real monsters they are and thus the hatred.
I doubt this hatred will go away soon, infact a whole new generation is growing up hating the army. This will be devastating for this occupation army and will lead to many uprisings and rebellions in the future. These generals think they r smart but in reality are morons, they learned nothing from 1971 embarrassment.
you're right

The cockroaches on the streets are soon going to find out what their punishment is for being spectators. Silence means complicit. I heard many are now looking for a way out of Pakistan LOL

Never in history all people fought against tyrant, percentage of courageous people have always been low.

I am not blaming him Only for our economy cause that'd be unfair

I am saying after Sheikh when he picked his own FM, he was just as much a disaster as others we have had barring some goods from the 90s and sheikh
so the economy part wasn't as pretty as some think it was

I am not Solely blaming him, of course policies of army has some role to play (I would blame them 30% for their direct f ups in economy, 40% indirectly for pol instability, rest of it on civilian gov's)

can't disagree here 100%

you're right
as for his dalliances and potential love child. those get nullified by Maryams' shenanigans, Kim Barker, Tahira Syed, and Showbaz's wife of the week. If the latter are allegations, so are the former. As for his past as an acknowledged playboy, people can change.

This will be a controversial thread, but it's been on my mind a lot lately.

There's a whole radicalized subsection of our society who almost worships him, putting him above the country, showing disrespect to their own people for him, and even laughing at martyrs.

What makes him the Messiah? I want to understand their logic when at the end of the day he is a flawed politician, like all others in the third world.

Speeches? I'd give him that, as he has a big mouth.

army?, let's be honest - they have been involved in politics for a while, but this time, people became really angry

Economy? - he was a disaster.

When Sheikh was the FM, things seemed good; he was doing the right things, but it was the army's choice.

He brought in Tareen, and we did see growth, but it was deficit-led growth, which eventually resulted in the boom-bust cycle we're used to. Quoting the IMF, "Describing the failed four-year Extended Fund Facility (EFF) as a 'missed opportunity,' the IMF blamed both the PTI and PDM, particularly under the economic stewardship of Shaukat Tarin and Ishaq Dar, for 'irresponsible budgetary expansion' and exchange rate interventions, respectively."

We often talk about 'Dollar Dar,' but in pursuit of false growth, Imran's hand-picked FM ruined the economy down the line.

He couldn't negotiate an ML-1 infrastructure deal, stalling it further than it already was.
All the tax collection, digitalization, energy is part of the national policy at this - thats why we saw after a while even the PDM, now caretaker gov is doing the same thing

Diplomacy -?

"Seems like Pakistan has suffered another blow on the diplomatic front. A Lahore-based weekly magazine 'Friday Times' has claimed that Prime Minister Imran Khan's actions at the UN General Assembly miffed Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman to an extent that he ordered his private jet flying the Pakistani delegation from New York to Karachi, to return midway."

Backed away at the very last minute from a summit after coming under pressure.
https://asia.nikkei.com/Politics/In...-as-Islamabad-joins-Turkey-Iran-Malaysia-bloc

Called OBL a martyr.

On the eve of the Ukraine war, he went to meet Putin like a complete bimbo

Religion/values as a man -?

The man literally has baby daddy drama, resembling African American hoodlum rappers.
His history as late as 2008 is well known, where he was partying poolside with random actresses. Three years later, in 2011, he had his breakout year in Lahore Minar-e-Pakistan jalsa (with Army's help, its on record), where he emerged as a legitimate candidate for PM.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/09/the-once-and-future-imran-khan

Security?

When the TTP was butchering every other political party in Pakistan, especially ANP, he was going around, calling them (or TTA) freedom fighters and asking for negotiations.

And the whole resettlement of TTP into Pakistan from Afghanistan
F around
find out

corruption?
although no personal involvement (toshakhana was shady but not exactly corruption) but when everyone around you is doing something wrong.... put 2 and 2 together

Farah reportedly came in contact with the Maneka family during her husband’s illness in 2009-10 and became a close friend of Bushra Bibi. Gogi and Gujjar are said to have played a key role in Imran Khan’s marriage to Bushra Bibi.

She was accused of buying a 10-acre industrial plot worth Rs600 million for just Rs80.30 million in Faisalabad’s special economic zone during the tenure of the PTI government in Punjab.

She has also been accused of using her influence over bureaucratic appointments in Punjab and making money from bureaucrats.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...trial-plot-illegally/articleshow/92632676.cms

His sister
@DESERT FIGHTER actually has personal experience with this one, so it's 100% true

His last year as PM

Its not a hit piece as I am genuinely curious, what's the deal here? why is he seen as a messiah by a good section of our country?
@blain2 @LeGenD @TNT @Great Janjua @RealNapster @Bleek

He worked hard on social welfare. He had a lot of pro-poor policies.

He also worked on making ground level changes in stuff like education, healthcare etc.

He tried to be independent on foreign policy too. Yes he had setbacks but nobody owned the man, he stood by his principles and he was respected.

Look at our fking alternatives bro.

He's the best chance we've had since Bhutto.

General Asim Munir as Chief executive.. the only option..

Sorry to say but mentality like urs is responsible for the downfall of this country. Personality worshipping is the main religion of ppl like u. Ive heard ppl say the same about musharaf, raheel sharif and now this clown. No offence but i can bet ppl like u are also blind followers in religion. Actually personality worshipping have been indoctrinated by our military produced sects, aqeedat k naam pe logo ko barbad kia. Its actually same as idol worshipping. Generally speaking, a smart person cannot even be sure about his own brother in the way u r sure abt mr whisky, how can u know so certainly? Mamay ka putter bhi ho tu u can never know. So its nothing but blind following and charhtay sooraj ki pooja.
Even PTI guys do the same for Ik, which is wrong, ive supported IK for his vision about building institutions, in which he failed. Do the western ppl rely on individuals?
As long as we dont come out of below avg mentality and blind following, we will never develop and we will always be dancing to new rising suns and we will always remain a shithole.

In my opinion its simple he cares for the people nothing else and honest compare too others.

Pros
-Pakistan State of the art Cancer hospital SQMH
-Gave respect to people and not treat them like outcaste
-when its time to fight didn't backdown at ordered air force for a mission in india
-Gave Pakistan awareness and knowledge about thier rights
-Raise Pakistan voice, against Islamophobia and The love people have for Prophet PBUH in UN.
-Sehat card even a poor could get any operation or treatment done.
-Roshan Digital account for oversea Pakistani investment.
-Finalized J-10 fighter jets
-Started to promote tourism in Pakistan
-Trying to form an Pakistan centric independent policy
-Trying to form a United Muslim Force Failed
-When west threaten to remove him he told the people of the conspiracy against him.
-encouraged Women in politics
-wont backdown

Cons
-Weak in diplomacy too
stubborn
-Honest to fault
-Too Trusting
-one curriculum
needed alot of work

-Couldn't fix bureaucracy
Sehat card is the only potential thing to claim.credit on.
Sorry to say but mentality like urs is responsible for the downfall of this country. Personality worshipping is the main religion of ppl like u. Ive heard ppl say the same about musharaf, raheel sharif and now this clown. No offence but i can bet ppl like u are also blind followers in religion. Actually personality worshipping have been indoctrinated by our military produced sects, aqeedat k naam pe logo ko barbad kia. Its actually same as idol worshipping. Generally speaking, a smart person cannot even be sure about his own brother in the way u r sure abt mr whisky, how can u know so certainly? Mamay ka putter bhi ho tu u can never know. So its nothing but blind following and charhtay sooraj ki pooja.
Even PTI guys do the same for Ik, which is wrong, ive supported IK for his vision about building institutions, in which he failed. Do the western ppl rely on individuals?
As long as we dont come out of below avg mentality and blind following, we will never develop and we will always be dancing to new rising suns and we will always remain a shithole.
If I was a personality worshipper I would have still been a kabootar of imran like you.
And i was only talking about the current scenario.. Asim munir can be totally irrelevant tomorrow if he fails to make a difference. But so far he is doing better..

Exports and remittances records were broken in half his term. The country was not bankrupt or even close to defaulting when left? How was his economic policy a disaster?

The economy is not something that will automatically stay good, it has to be managed at all times. If the forex reserves started to plummet in first few months of Ishaq Dar and then reached near 0 by the time he left, then only PMLN is to blame.

THIS,THIS,THIS!!!
This is exactly the point of my thread
I am not trying to dis IK, he is a politician like others; they have their pros and cons

but If there's a diagnosis to our problem At our core we're collectively tired of army's role politics,general political instability
instead of personality worshipping, we should become issue focused - which is the promotion of civilian rule, democracy
Our cause is bigger than one man IK, don't destroy it all for him - here all the political players, civilian players have to come together to keep army out

Last edited:
General Asim Munir as Chief executive.. the only option..

@Topic
I was an ardent supporter of Khan .I let go a lot of his silly things just to "give chance" and "hope" something out of the blue happens ..my moment of truth was when he tried to turn pakistan army into punjab police...and tried to save his peerni wife on accounts of corruption..
His foreign policy of appeasing tta and all those deals faiz did for him collapsed like a house of cards in September 2021 when ttp got emboldened and brought in lots of people from.afg into pakistan to strengthen their ranks.. and that's when i said "he is done now"..
It was Nawaz Sharif who picked Bajwa as COAS. It was Nawaz Sharif who picked Asim Munir as COAS, even though he was an unelected convict living in UK. If anyone turned the army into Punjab police, it's PMLN.

As for TTP & TTA, attacks skyrocketed after Imran Khan left. How is that his fault? Did the army not build a border fence? Did Indians not leave Afghan land? It's not Imran Khan, but the incompetence of the army to blame for that. Civilian leaders have nothing to do with military strategy.

He is beyond your understanding and out 9f your league.
Go dance for " عظیم الشان شہنشاہ"

Sehat card is the only potential thing to claim.credit on.

If I was a personality worshipper I would have still been a kabootar of imran like you.
And i was only talking about the current scenario.. Asim munir can be totally irrelevant tomorrow if he fails to make a difference. But so far he is doing better..

As a PTI supporter, i am its biggest critic as well. My posts are still there. The thing is, how can u be so sure abt munir? Infact its not even his job, why do we look at the chowkidar to solve our household problems? His job is security and nothing more. Generals can never run a country, history have proven this.
Also kindly show me what detailed road map mr munir have given that gives u hope? That 25 billion each from saudi n UAE is clearly not coming, wasnt that enough to show u he is an idiot?? He is also now planning to sell Pakistani stake in rekodiq to saudis, an even bigger stupidity. So how u think he is better? Infact i think he is dangerous because his high handed techniques can actually cause rebellion and civil unrest. Syrian civil war actually started because of cruel tactics by bashar ul asad.

I keep reading this Cult word thrown around by followers of Nawaz Sharif...

There is a saying in the West and it applies to the followers of Hazrat Nawaz " Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me." This is going to be his forth time to fool all of you. Can the OP tell me how many times King Nawaz has to fool you before you realize that you are an idiot.

There's a whole radicalized subsection of our society who almost worships him, putting him above the country, showing disrespect to their own people for him, and even laughing at martyrs.

What makes him the Messiah? I want to understand their logic when at the end of the day he is a flawed politician, like all others in the third world.

army?, let's be honest - they have been involved in politics for a while, but this time, people became really angry

When Sheikh was the FM, things seemed good; he was doing the right things, but it was the army's choice.

He brought in Tareen, and we did see growth, but it was deficit-led growth, which eventually resulted in the boom-bust cycle we're used to. Quoting the IMF, "Describing the failed four-year Extended Fund Facility (EFF) as a 'missed opportunity,' the IMF blamed both the PTI and PDM, particularly under the economic stewardship of Shaukat Tarin and Ishaq Dar, for 'irresponsible budgetary expansion' and exchange rate interventions, respectively."

We often talk about 'Dollar Dar,' but in pursuit of false growth, Imran's hand-picked FM ruined the economy down the line.

He couldn't negotiate an ML-1 infrastructure deal, stalling it further than it already was.
All the tax collection, digitalization, energy is part of the national policy at this - thats why we saw after a while even the PDM, now caretaker gov is doing the same thing

Diplomacy -?

"Seems like Pakistan has suffered another blow on the diplomatic front. A Lahore-based weekly magazine 'Friday Times' has claimed that Prime Minister Imran Khan's actions at the UN General Assembly miffed Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman to an extent that he ordered his private jet flying the Pakistani delegation from New York to Karachi, to return midway."

https://asia.nikkei.com/Politics/In...-as-Islamabad-joins-Turkey-Iran-Malaysia-bloc

Called OBL a martyr.

The man literally has baby daddy drama, resembling African American hoodlum rappers.
His history as late as 2008 is well known, where he was partying poolside with random actresses. Three years later, in 2011, he had his breakout year in Lahore Minar-e-Pakistan jalsa (with Army's help, its on record), where he emerged as a legitimate candidate for PM.

Security?

When the TTP was butchering every other political party in Pakistan, especially ANP, he was going around, calling them (or TTA) freedom fighters and asking for negotiations.

F around
find out

corruption?
although no personal involvement (toshakhana was shady but not exactly corruption) but when everyone around you is doing something wrong.... put 2 and 2 together

Farah reportedly came in contact with the Maneka family during her husband’s illness in 2009-10 and became a close friend of Bushra Bibi. Gogi and Gujjar are said to have played a key role in Imran Khan’s marriage to Bushra Bibi.

She was accused of buying a 10-acre industrial plot worth Rs600 million for just Rs80.30 million in Faisalabad’s special economic zone during the tenure of the PTI government in Punjab.

She has also been accused of using her influence over bureaucratic appointments in Punjab and making money from bureaucrats.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...trial-plot-illegally/articleshow/92632676.cms

His sister
@DESERT FIGHTER actually has personal experience with this one, so it's 100% true

His last year as PM

Its not a hit piece as I am genuinely curious, what's the deal here? why is he seen as a messiah by a good section of our country?
My wife's brother is a big PTI supporter. I asked him the same things. nothing but the same tota Kahani.

Than I told him my experience. Flabbergast and he still supports PTI despite that.

It's indeed a cult.

Diplomacy -?

Called OBL a martyr.

Security?

F around
find out

corruption?

His sister

His last year as PM

Imran wasn’t a liar, looked out for the citizens of Pakistan, and wasn’t a bitch azz nigga.

When Bajwa was shitting his pants, IK ordered shooting down of Indian Mig and their pilot was captured. IAF hasn’t been adventurous since that humiliation.

When IK was ousted and bitch azz nigga Bajwa was in power, India immediately launched a cruj mijjail.

To support anyone other than IK in the current scenario is treachery to Pakistan and being complicit in sucking the blood of the poor.

Who gives a **** about his personal life? You think anything he did compares to the kanjars of all other political parties and PA? Lmfao

Time to get a grip on reality.

I keep reading this Cult word thrown around by followers of Nawaz Sharif...

There is a saying in the West and it applies to the followers of Hazrat Nawaz " Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me." This is going to be his forth time to fool all of you. Can the OP tell me how many times King Nawaz has to fool you before you realize that you are an idiot.
None here is supporting naju or zordari either.
The fact is that IK was just another pawn for the establishment.

The difference is it took naju, a decade or so to turn against them.
It took Ik 3 years.

All of these politicos are byproducts of the establishment. They birth 1 every 25 years.

I being a common man have no say nor do any of you.

But I've come to the point , where I'd rather see the establishment bring in dictatorship rather than such failed blue eyed boys.

They are already naked infront of the public.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom