What's new

Please help me understand Imran Khan's cult of personality

Cult of personality pretty much sums up the mania surrounding Imran Khan. I've seen countless users on the likes of Twitter and Facebook with his face plastered all over their online avatars, which is something!

Without him, PTI is done for. Finished.

But the reality is that he was no different than the rest. If anything, his political career is the reincarnation of OG Bhutto's, and - shockingly - is witnessing a similar downward trajectory. I think it's in Khan's best interests to tone things down a bit, otherwise he might end up with a noose around his neck... not much unlike Bhutto.

History does have a tendency to repeat itself, after all.

The thing is, Khan carefully (and successfully) projected the image of a pious Muslims local people crave for, even though he's a playboy at heart. He knew what the average man wanted... to hear! He saw a demand and brought in fresh supply, like a true businessman. That's all politics are all about: Mass deception.

After all, people were getting tired of hard-right religious zealots and centrist (or perhaps leftist-ish) patwaris. They needed Youthias!

Funny thing is, Khan gave people an illusion of a "democracy" while standing on the very shoulders of Gen. Bajwa, the living image of a dictatorship. But Khan didn't mind being an underworld dictator's puppet.

All in all, I think people should know better.

P.S I've never casted a single vote in my 34 years of existence. My (non-existent) political allegiance lies nowhere. Take what you will.
stop insulting people of Pakistan ..this is their democratic right .... you calling majority a cult , then what about other groups ????

You really did not need to waste an hour writing this thread OP.

Although your analysis might have some merits (I didn't read the whole thing, just skimmed through, and there's some points which can be easily countered), the answer to your question is very simple.

Who are the alternatives? Zardari/Bilawal or Nawaz Sharif?

I am picking Imran Khan over them any day of the week.

Is he a messiah? Hell no. The guy is a moron in most things.

But is he the only option we got right now? Hell yes.

Jis din us kay sab naqideen ko yeh samajh ajaye gi to woh koi aqal ki baat karain gay.

You lot, and the paid journos are trying to match Nawaz Sharif to IK. It is always a losing race.
Yeah yeah pick him up so that he can crash us to the ground. Guy literally appointed buzdar for like years. Other than that he's pro taliban and eve tried to create rifts within the military by asking junior offciers to carry out mutiny, this itself is way more horrible than any form of corruption. If the security apparatus dies, Pakistan will disappear.

As for governance he was only vibes nothing concrete was delivered.

The best bet is too keep an interim government for a number of years, expel all undocumented afghans, privatise PIA and steel mills. Stabilise the economy and eliminate all subsidies.

stop insulting people of Pakistan ..this is their democratic right .... you calling majority a cult , then what about other groups ????

It's not a messiah complex, he's literally the first competent Pakistani leader many of us have seen in our lifetimes.

Nobody judges Mandela by his healthcare policies, they judge him by what he did for South Africa. Erdogan and AKP won't be judged only by the GDP, they'll be judged by the reforms they did, how the took the military out of politics.

Imran Khan bought about big change, he had big ideas, some of them might have failed and needed re-adjusting, thats fine. In a country where we have kids dying because of a lack of clean drinking water, having to re-adjust finances to fix a health insurance deficit would have been a welcome problem.
Sehat card is not a viable option, it’s literally an insurance based system where GOP funds the bill and hosptials abuse the payment method. Instead we should follow NHS model which is vertically integrated. But since you're all uneducated as **** in healthcare models you'll see sehat card as revolutionary.

Why not hold free and fair elections and let the people decide?

I am sure all those Subject Matter Experts, bureaucrats, consultants, politicians were dumb in launching the Sehat card without doing proper research. Did the Sehat Card cause a CAD?

No money for health but there is a lot of money for defence, subsidizing LSEs, propping up the dollar, no tax on real estate or agriculture.

There is a reason why people won’t elect the PDM hotch potch and nothing good can come out of these criminals and corrupts. The reasons have been discussed to death in other threads.

Back
Top Bottom