What's new

PIA to acquire B787-800 in May

The Diplomat

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PIA will be receiving her first Boeing 787-800 in May. The airline will also be launching her new livery.

upload_2018-4-1_12-57-5.png

Are they buying or leasing? I dont think PIA has funds to either lease or buy.

Private airlines would not give any chance.
PIA has been on the government's privatization list since 2004 but the government fails to privatize it every time.

Etihad is offering live tv, up to date on demand, charging sockets and noise canceling headphones. I hope we get that on the new 787's.

A new Ponzi scheme by the harami SKA.
When they plan to privatise it ..Why the hell is the govt buying new airplanes with 100s of millions of dollars? So that they sell PIA, like KASB bank, for a paltry amount to one of their frontmen and people of Pakistan would keep paying the debt.

PIA has been on the government's privatization list since 2004 but the government fails to privatize it every time.

PIA will never be privatized by politicians. ALL of Pakistani bureaucracy, and VIP benefit from it. The pond of dirt is much bigger than Pakistanis imagine.
Only solution is to sue the govt. of Pakistan in some international court.
Subsidies are against the spirit of fair trade.

Interesting......

Smart choice i would assume......

We should look for a couple of 747-8 as well since A380 needs airports we cant afford nor its long term feasibility.

But i was hoping for a Bombardier type solution. Hmm next time i guess

Interesting......

Smart choice i would assume......

We should look for a couple of 747-8 as well since A380 needs airports we cant afford nor its long term feasibility.

But i was hoping for a Bombardier type solution. Hmm next time i guess
We don't have enough demand to fill a plane like Boeing 747-8. But I agree, it's a smart choice to go for the 787.

We don't have enough demand to fill a plane like Boeing 747-8. But I agree, it's a smart choice to go for the 787.

Man you have no idea.

Plus we can use it for hajj instead of sending hajis on flying coffins lol

Man you have no idea.

Plus we can use it for hajj instead of sending hajis on flying coffins lol
lol, the Hajj operations are for a limited time though. What about the rest of the year?

I think we use our old 747-300 for Hajj operations sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom