What's new

Cash-strapped PIA likely to ground more aircraft

Thank God for TATA.. We got rid of blood sucking Air India.

Pakistan has so many billionaires. They should study our Air India deal and offer something similar to Pakistan’s government. Why drag this ...

That sounds very easy. To run a profitable business, you will be needing skilled workers and customer base who trust your brand. PIA has neither. PIA airplanes don't fly by themselves, and you won't earn any revenue, let alone profits, by running them empty. Running a profitable airline is a very difficult task, ask any U.S. Airline.

Running a profitable airline when there is cut throat competition is hard. PIA with its lucrative captive routes to Middle East, Europe and North America should be a little easier

Thank God for TATA.. We got rid of blood sucking Air India.

Pakistan has so many billionaires. They should study our Air India deal and offer something similar to Pakistan’s government. Why drag this ...

How many Indian Military serving or retired personals were working in Air India when it was privatized? Can TATA management makes changes to operational needs of Airline without spending years in courts fighting those employees.

Ones the Military goes back to barracks and judiciary starts to hand out decisions that are fair then you will see pakistani invest in Pakistan untill that happens Nahhh thanks...

Really?
You think IK opened the air space out of goodwill? Someone must have had his balls in their hands that made him do that. Moreover, the numbers very clearly say who lost the argument.

But numbers don’t mean anything to some of you. Clearly visible in handling of PIA and your country’s economy. You are no different.

All bluster. No substance.

Lol what ever

Indian airlines lost millions and india squealed like a pig to get the airspace opened ..

Now you can spin that in what ever way you want to serve your curry tail

Running a profitable airline when there is cut throat competition is hard. PIA with its lucrative captive routes to Middle East, Europe and North America should be a little easier
How is it captive? They have connections to anyplace through myriad airlines, national and international. PIA has been sick for ever with no impact on traveling public. Knowing its current situation, only the most uninformed or those who can't get a seat promptly elsewhere may be the only travelers. I have personal experience, I had to travel once by Pan Am, just before it shut down, due to urgency. To say it was a cattle car would be an understatement.

Look where all one can travel using other airlines:

If PIA scraps their planes and shuts down tomorrow, nobody will notice.

PIA should had been sold years ago.
No one will buy this bankrupt company.
PIA should be let go bankruptcy, that will be net savings for pakistan.

How is it captive? They have connections to anyplace through myriad airlines, national and international. PIA has been sick for ever with no impact on traveling public. Knowing its current situation, only the most uninformed or those who can't get a seat promptly elsewhere may be the only travelers. I have personal experience, I had to travel once by Pan Am, just before it shut down, due to urgency. To say it was a cattle car would be an understatement.

Generally PIA has a quasi monopoly on routes to Pakistan. Pakistani customers have limited choices of airlines. If I improve my service I would get certain number of customers. Offer 10% to 20% lower fare I will get certain class of customers. I have to make sure my safety record is good and my customer service is half-away decent.

The key is to hire and to fire employees based on their performance and on business needs

Indian airlines lost millions and india squealed like a pig to get the airspace opened ..
Repeating same thing again and again and using harsh language doesn’t make one a king or other’s pauper.
Paksiatn was losing more money than India. That has been proven clearly while you are running in circles.

Who went back on a hard stance and who had the last laugh has been already established.
Now you can spin that in what ever way you want to serve your curry tail
That seems to be your trait not mine. I have clearly brought out the facts for both the sides in my previous posts. While you have been trying whatboutery.
If you are happy with your effort then you can go on.Those who were keen to know the facts have made up their opinion about who is what.

How many Indian Military serving or retired personals were working in Air India when it was privatized?
None. Except few pilots who take a lateral shift and don’t have much say in the management.
Can TATA management makes changes to operational needs of Airline without spending years in courts fighting those employees.
Already sorted out. Deep measures have been already taken to fix the things up. Tatas have a very mature way of handling things. They didn’t go about kicking every butt on the day they took over. They have started from the top and have made big changes. These would percolate down to lower levels gradually. This is likely to lead to lesser resistance to change.

Last edited:
Time to sell PIA

Take the loans on your head and sell it please ..you can privatize it immediately if you do that.

Sell the steal mills too please

It's not a strategic asset..it's not ..it's just a bus service, but strategic transporters for airforce instead a few of them

Pakistani politicians and Army Generals need government run enterprises to do corruption.....
Cannot sell these failing companies.... they will drown along with the country.

Only the poor will suffer

PIA ‘unable’ to pay August salaries to employees​

Lol...

And you have @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE FOOL OF THE NIGHT claiming PIA will “resume flights to Europe soon”. Whenever you hear a pedowari say the word “soon” it means never.

Imagine an airline not flying daily to London, a city with almost 100,000 Pakistanis….stopping service to New York, a city with almost 90,000 Pakistanis in the city alone…almost close to 100,000 in the NY/NJ area.

How does PIA not fly to Leeds-Bradford or Manchester daily?

The only reason PIA is still functioning is literally because the government/junta makes foreign airlines pay ridiculous landing fees….Infact I read somewhere landing at Pakistan’s airports is among the most expensive in the world or in Asia…I forgot.

It’s not a favouring environment for foreign airlines. The Gulf airlines struck a deal with which is why you see them flying into every international airport in Pakistan.

Foreign airlines pulling out of Pakistan was never about “safety”…that’s only what they said to save face. The reality was, airlines couldn’t compete with PIA or the Gulf carriers….as Virgin Atlantic and Lufthansa found out. Somehow BA is hanging on to Islamabad, but they pulled out of Lahore…how?

1.5 million Pakistanis in the UK…

Just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Repeating same thing again and again and using harsh language doesn’t make one a king or other’s pauper.
Paksiatn was losing more money than India. That has been proven clearly while you are running in circles.

lol

you must have sucked at maths..

do understand proportional concepts?... it is impossible for Pakistan to lose as much as India..

poor indian airlines... hostage to stupidity...

you must have sucked at maths..
You are one of the few dumb guys I have come across on pdf. You have the problem of not reading, but just writing.

If you had, you would have known that Paksiatnis CAA was loosing money from overflight rights and landing rights from aircraft that used to use you airspace.

About 400 flights used to traverse through your air space. A 737 class of aircraft pays approx $575. Each flight landing at your airports pays much more. PIA was loosing 25% of it’s international business. THE TOTAL (TOTAL) LOSS TO CAA AND PIA WAS MORE THAN THAT INCURRED BY INDIA.

I have done that math and given it in my previous posts. Padh le bhai ek baar.
But, in your quest for fastest finger first, you are revealing how dumb a person can be.

KNOCK KNOCK… Anyone there?

The only reason PIA is still functioning is literally because the government/junta makes foreign airlines pay ridiculous landing fees….Infact I read somewhere landing at Pakistan’s airports is among the most expensive in the world or in Asia
Can you drill this into @PradoTLC mind? He has some imaginary figures of Paksiatn making money during airspace closure inspite of loosing on overflight rights and landing charges.

@PradoTLC , the closure of airspace that we have been discussing on another thread has contributed to this state of PIA. Had that closure not happened, they might have survived for some more time.

CAA and IK were aware of these facts and hence decided to open the airspace and earn some badly needed $$$.

Accepting facts is the first step towards self improvement. Please come down from high horse and accept the reality.

It would be the first step towards redemption.
You guys don't miss the point scoring opportunity :D
That closure of airspace for India was years ago. The airline have to face this anyway because of too many economic factors I.e covid after effect , incompetent corrupt government , political crisis etc.
Not just the airline every other industry in Pakistan is facing crisis. Be it textile or vehicle industry.

Can you drill this into @PradoTLC mind? He has some imaginary figures of Paksiatn making money during airspace closure inspite of loosing on overflight rights and landing charges.

Well where are you figures which show Pakistan lost more than airlines of India? I saw Prado’s articles which show his POV and as far as I recall, it was quite a blow to the the profit margins of many Indian airlines flying over Pakistan airspace. This was hammered across Indian news media.

Also, banning of Indian airlines over Pakistani airspace meant Pakistani airlines couldn’t fly to the Asia Pacific anymore, in particular KL. This also meant Thai couldn’t operate to KHI, LHE or ISB, one of the last remaining Asia Pacific carriers still operating to Pakistan.

So both countries had something to lose. Opening it up and letting things be just made sense. This lulla measuring contest of who lost more is pretty pointless.

Back
Top Bottom