What's new

PIA seeks Rs23b bailout from government

Kicking the can down the road until next government comes. That is the gameplan of staff at every hemorrhaging SOE.
The finance ministry official said that there was a view to let the company die its natural death but this view is not popular among many circles.
I am curious to know - who are the "many circles"? Obviously, they have some sort of veto over finance ministry of a caretaker government which is not answerable to people.

The finance ministry official said that there was a view to let the company die its natural death but this view is not popular among many circles.
I am curious to know - who are the "many circles"? Obviously, they have some sort of veto over finance ministry of a caretaker government which is not answerable to people.
To understand what is going on, one must first understand the true nature of many of the Pakistani people.

There is a proverb there, "na kaam karta hai na kaam karna deta hai" or "he does not do work nor does he let others get the job done".

This is why I preach that it is going to take pure brutality to get Pakistan and its people to function like a normal society.

@ziaulislam

What happened to Roosevelt hotel?
You mean the homeless shelter?

Use as shelter​

Roosevelt Hotel with some migrant asylum seekers outside it, June 2023
News sources reported in May 2023 that the New York City government was planning to use the hotel as temporary migrant housing, amid a sharp increase in the number of asylum seekers traveling to the city.[250][251] At the time, the city government was finalizing a three-year contract that could generate $225 million in revenue.[252]

The Pakistani cabinet gave its approval for the deal shortly thereafter.[253] A welcome center opened at the hotel on May 15 of that year, along with the first 175 rooms in the shelter, which was ultimately supposed to contain 850 rooms.[254][255] Within three months, so many asylum seekers had gone to the hotel that some migrants had to sleep on the sidewalk while waiting for a room

it’s been years since I last used PIA as there are no more direct flights to Europe.

May be they should close the commercial side of PIA and handover the planes to Pakistan Army for personal use of military. Our Generals must be finding it difficult to travel by road so they need it.
There are not many planes..most of them are lease

Problem with pia is how to pay it employees

To understand what is going on, one must first understand the true nature of many of the Pakistani people.

There is a proverb there, "na kaam karta hai na kaam karna deta hai" or "he does not do work nor does he let others get the job done".

This is why I preach that it is going to take pure brutality to get Pakistan and its people to function like a normal society.

@ziaulislam
However Pakistanis work the best as soon as you bring out the "danda" 🏒

I mean practically whole Arab world was built and is run by pakistanis under a danda

So what we need is to bring out danda by removing people power over themselves (end all public companies and privitize everything)

We can see how they working without complaints under asim munir danda

Democracy doesn't suit Pakistan..as they tend to run slogans khata hey tu lagata be hey

Nothing to worry about , hafiz is brining 75 billion dollars , everything will be fine inshallah , must believe on God and Hafiz

Thats wrong information. The hotel has been coverted into a homeless shelter.

Thats wrong information. The hotel has been coverted into a homeless shelter.

Portions of the hotel have been leased to NYC as temporary shelter for the migrants. That does not preclude GoP from trying to sell it. I can sell an apartment block that has tenants in it; tenants will simply get a letter saying they have to pay rent to the new owner.

Portions of the hotel have been leased to NYC as temporary shelter for the migrants. That does not preclude GoP from trying to sell it. I can sell an apartment block that has tenants in it; tenants will simply get a letter saying they have to pay rent to the new owner.
I cant see them getting a decent price for a hotel converted into a homeless shelter (even if it is supposed to be temporary)

I cant see them getting a decent price for a hotel converted into a homeless shelter (even if it is supposed to be temporary)
If the physical plant is in good shape, a property in Manhattan cannot but fetch the best price anywhere in U.S. It being a shelter is hardly a demerit. At least it is guaranteeing a certain cashflow for the foreseeable future without any overhead.

Back
Top Bottom