What's new

Pakistan to celebrate ‘Surprise Day’ on Feb 27

FH still occurs with in a certain spectrum. Indian EW system will save the frequency being transmitted at it by Pakistani Radar, and send it back to the radar.

They under estimated PAF's EW capability and didnt have a credible EW system of their own. The shot down Mig-21 was supposed to be carrying ELTA-EW pod 82xx series.
View attachment 606611

An unsecured (un encrypted) radio can be intercepted and jammed. This could have been the case with Abhinandan Mig-21 as i read some news last year that IAF will revamp radios, cant exactly remember.

This is why PAF uses secure (encrypted) radios. IAF is now relying on Rafale and its EW technology. Somethings look good on paper. Open the IAF Wikipedia page, you will see IAF as a paper tiger, yet IAF lacks a dedicated EW aircraft such as EA-18G, J-16D, Tornado ECR etc.

It'll be a matter of time IAF plugs the gap and we'd back on the drawing boards again.

No they were jam by our Falcon 20 ECM aircraft as well as our AWACS (Erieye) has also the capability to fools the enemy
The lesson learnt by IAF was that it lacks a modern western fighter in the form of Rafale with its French electronic components and AESA Radar.

On PDF even, most members discuss AESA radar. There are other pods also which makes an aircraft lethal: EW pods, Jamming pods etc. Somehow western EW and jamming equipment is regarded as the best, e.g. USAF uses F-16 and F-15, while USN uses EA-18G. When the US fighter aircraft sales to Qatar, Saudi etc, its always best to note the equipment and ordinance coming with those aircraft, since that provides the component of lethality to the aircraft. Just an F-16 armed with AAMs is easy to shoot down, now arm it with a few pods, and its survival will increase, back it up with AWACs and it will have information of all the threats, give it EW support through an EW aircraft and it will come on top of the enemy.

Now that IAF will start to step into the Aerial EW zone, PAF should go one step ahead and acquire a 5th generation aircraft. That will give an edge to PAF - again.

It'll be a matter of time IAF plugs the gap and we'd back on the drawing boards again.
Its good never to under estimate the enemy, but its better never to under estimate own capabilities too. Azm project stands for a reason. JFT will be upgraded to Blk III with reasonably good armament and avionics while other procurements didnt take place, like J-10, there is a reason for that - time will tell.

The lesson learnt by IAF was that it lacks a modern western fighter in the form of Rafale with its French electronic components and AESA Radar.

On PDF even, most members discuss AESA radar. There are other pods also which makes an aircraft lethal: EW pods, Jamming pods etc. Somehow western EW and jamming equipment is regarded as the best, e.g. USAF uses F-16 and F-15, while USN uses EA-18G. When the US fighter aircraft sales to Qatar, Saudi etc, its always best to note the equipment and ordinance coming with those aircraft, since that provides the component of lethality to the aircraft. Just an F-16 armed with AAMs is easy to shoot down, now arm it with a few pods, and its survival will increase, back it up with AWACs and it will have information of all the threats, give it EW support through an EW aircraft and it will come on top of the enemy.

Now that IAF will start to step into the Aerial EW zone, PAF should go one step ahead and acquire a 5th generation aircraft. That will give an edge to PAF - again.

Its good never to under estimate the enemy, but its better never to under estimate own capabilities too. Azm project stands for a reason. JFT will be upgraded to Blk III with reasonably good armament and avionics while other procurements didnt take place, like J-10, there is a reason for that - time will tell.

True, but I'm always baffled as to why no J-10 -- could be it didn't meet all expectations but not all fighters meet the need of every country.

AZM is to far out I'm afraid and might as well throw out eggs in FC-31 rather than wasting time and money.

BLKIII would be good but with Project AZM in the mix -- and IAF 4++; it's a difficult situation in my opinion.

True, but I'm always baffled as to why no J-10 -- could be it didn't meet all expectations but not all fighters meet the need of every country.
AZM is to far out I'm afraid and might as well throw out eggs in FC-31 rather than wasting time and money.
J-10 has been debated long enough for years. You can do it with J-10 fans 8-)
I feel that with JFT Block III the need for J-10 is not there. J-10 comes into picture, when/if JF-17 lags behind.
PAF should look towards either a twin engine aircraft like SU35 (not SU35 necessarily) otherwise focus on 5th gen now. Use assistance from Chinese J-31 and Turkish TF-X. Increase numbers of F-16 if possible, otherwise raise more squadrons of JFT. A suitable contender for Mirage-III/V is missing - EFT is a good but expensive candidate. there could be better candidates out there too.

The idea was to not invite war unto itself for three trees and one dead crow.

"Sovereign Pakistani Territory" not a "disputed Territory"

If Our enemy cant respect it...then ...send bangles to Our Armed Forces.. point is they came and they bombed..you forget "DGISPR" saying payload jettison...

Give credit where its due IAF was able to conduct a skill full strike..intruding in Azad Kashmir by 4nm-5nm and went back ...bombs fell on "Pakistani Sovereign Territory"

Nuclear Bluff called...found wanting..New Norm has been set! and we cant do anything about it.

Hi,

You are a manager on this board---. raise your thinking---raise your expectations---.

And get out of this "SLAP" mentality---.

They have killed thousands in IOK---raped countless women and girls---and you are strutting around with a slap---.

Excuse of cowards is---Ib Kay Aaa---.

The world hates the indians---they are thugs---they are criminals---they are smug---. The world was happy that we struck down their aircraft---USAF was happy we struck down their aircraft---.

The thing is that there are kids like you who are clueless how to use the situation to your advantage and manipulate the foreign public.

These indians have stolen million and millions from from older americans and older europeans over phone fraud---the world hates the indians---.

See---people with your fearful mindset also become the commanders and generals---and thus make these decisions---.

Hi,

What a callous comment---. This action is called " testing the waters " before striking to see where the enemy stands---.

And you are a moderator of the largest defence forum of the world----.

My title shouldn't bother you due to my observation. Similarly, an aged person like you shouldn't be childish and act in knee-jerk.

My observation is based upon what I see happening around, development, the favours and anti forces, great games being played, diplomatic constraints, our reach and area of freedom, my resources and friends in needs and then rational decisions while looking at my country, people and my pocket.

A gun blazing thug can only make noise, shout high and make unnecessary claims but wouldn't last long as compare to the one fighting with mind and guns both.

You can stand with your opinion so anyone else hence, there is no need to enforce what you see or feel.

The world may hate India but they are in bed with for necessity. Odds aren't in our favour as compare to India. It's not necessary that you or me are always right, therefore, I will suggest that just have your say and let others think differently.

Pakistan’s economy could barely withstand this skirmish, now imagine a to-fro between PAF-IAF for SOW against each other’s airbases. Because that’s what India had planned. Strikes against all F-16 airbases in Pakistan. And keep in mind, that neither Pakistan, nor India has technical means available to distinguish a conventional from a unconventional missile strike, at the time of weapon being fired. And a very small mistake, can and will turn it into a sub conventional war.
And why do u think it will only be limited to Airforce. Since your Balakot operation, LOC Skirmishes increased manifold. Even Sialkot Sector became hot. Dont forget ur sub was detected and driven away. You were eager to launch Brahmos SSMs. It would not have been limited to single force. All 4 forces (Army, Airforce, Navy and Strategic Command) would had been involved. I would had bet Indian Navy to do something as u ppl largely outnumber our Navy both with Quality and Quantity uptill now

Options we have for 5th gen fighter?

If Our enemy cant respect it...then ...send bangles to Our Armed Forces.. point is they came and they bombed..you forget "DGISPR" saying payload jettison...

Give credit where its due IAF was able to conduct a skill full strike..intruding in Azad Kashmir by 4nm-5nm and went back ...bombs fell on "Pakistani Sovereign Territory"

Nuclear Bluff called...found wanting..New Norm has been set! and we cant do anything about it.

Some people are very much addicted to their lifestyles

Jinnah would have put anyone showing such docile attitude in front of a firing squad

Things boring without this guy...

upload_2020-2-17_23-29-27.jpeg

They under estimated PAF's EW capability and didnt have a credible EW system of their own. The shot down Mig-21 was supposed to be carrying ELTA-EW pod 82xx series.
Wrong.
IAF now has Global 5000 with ELINT & ESM and COMJAM capabilities. They were previously operated by RAW's ARC but after February 2019 it was decided to depute them to IAF.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/raws-hi-tech-global-5000-intel-aircraft-to-cooperate-with-iaf.624875/

Also Abhinandan was not carrying any EW pod that day.

An unsecured (un encrypted) radio can be intercepted and jammed. This could have been the case with Abhinandan Mig-21 as i read some news last year that IAF will revamp radios, cant exactly remember.
Yes IAF MiG-21s did not have secure radio as they were using older INCOM sets.
But that has now changed as IAF ACM revealed last week that IAF will very shortly complete outfitting entire fleet with SDRs and Secure Datalinks.

https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/...-air-force-gets-desperate-software-defined-r/

And why do u think it will only be limited to Airforce. Since your Balakot operation, LOC Skirmishes increased manifold. Even Sialkot Sector became hot. Dont forget ur sub was detected and driven away. You were eager to launch Brahmos SSMs. It would not have been limited to single force. All 4 forces (Army, Airforce, Navy and Strategic Command) would had been involved. I would had bet Indian Navy to do something as u ppl largely outnumber our Navy both with Quality and Quantity uptill now

Options we have for 5th gen fighter?
You people? I’m a Pakistani.

LOC was crossed, not IB in air. And it can be crossed in multitude of ways by both sides.

I do not discount the follies by PAF, on Feb 26. Many of which aren’t even discussed here or known by most here. And from the looks of how things are turning out, they’re fixing their errors.

As far as the nuclear bluff is concerned, how does that even make sense? Pakistan should have gone nuclear over 3 SOWs falling at our side? And not respond conventionally for which it was entirely prepared for?

I am not sure why none of you read outside the boundaries of this forum, but this entire exercise made India look like an irresponsible power by resorting to sub-conventional means on day one. They literally sat their entire IAF out and threatened Brahmos strikes. Does no one of you realize the significance of this?

All this while, Pakistan has been portrayed as the irresponsible nuclear power with a low conventional threshold. As it turned out, it’s been India all along. Their tactics, their inability to control the escalation ladder and incapacity to take damage stood exposed. They are quite literally still lamenting about lack of prep, when that is not even the case. They have had all the necessary equipment available. But it's 'ensured' that they could not do, what they intended to, without taking losses. The entire mantra right now about Rafale and S400 is about inflicting pain upon Pakistan, without taking losses in return.

For an Air Force that’s 5x the size of PAF, several billions of dollars ahead in funding and has the support of entire world, barring a few nations - to sit a fight out. What do you think that messaged to the entire world.

Last edited:

BLKIII would be good but with Project AZM in the mix -- and IAF 4++; it's a difficult situation in my opinion.

Hi,

It was sabotaged by the Paf---because they would not be able to siphon off money into their private funds from this deal---.

ASsk Signalian---if his mother is dying and the doctor says she needs 10 capsules to get better---but Signalian says to his mother I will get you 5---so be happy with 5---and the mother asks son it is not a full dose---and he says mother---big deal---it makes no difference if you have only 5 capsules---5 extra capsule don't bring anything new to the table---..

Ask him to tell his mother that the next time she gets sick---give her half of what she needs and see what happens---.

We call pakistan our mother---yet these same people sh-it on it every chance they get---by not making it powerful in a timely manner---.

Try this with your mothers and children at home---give them half to eat to live---give them half the medicine required---give them half the clothes to wear and tell them---big deal---what is the other half going to do---it bring nothing to the table but to cover the other half---so no big deal. Give them half a bed to sleep on---.

All these people are full of deceit when it comes to the defense procurement for the nation---. But allow them to loot and plunder and she how fast they gather everyone else's share---.

They would never do it to their families---they will steall everything from everyone else and give to their families---and for the nation---" IT BRINGS NOTHING NEW TO THE TABLE---"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom