Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan to celebrate ‘Surprise Day’ on Feb 27
By Our Correspondent
Published: February 15, 2020

2157312-balakot-1581748428-382-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: FILE

KARACHI: The government has announced that the country would celebrate ‘Surprise Day’ on February 27 as a tribute to the retaliatory attack by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) after India’s botched Balakot airstrike.

On Feb 27, 2019, the PAF carried out Operation Swift Retort and shot down two Indian Air Force (IAF) fighter aircraft and dropped bombs within the compounds of Indian military facilities in occupied Kashmir – as a warning to the country’s belligerent neighbour.

The Pakistani military had lived up to its promise to ‘surprise’ India in wake of any misadventure, saying that ‘uncalled-for aggression’ from the Indian military ‘would not go unpunished’.

The operation also resulted in the capture of an Indian pilot, Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman, after his Mig-21 was shot down. The pilot was later handed over to Indian authorities as ‘a goodwill gesture’.

India’s ‘fictitious’ air strike imperils regional peace

The rare aerial engagement significantly raised the stakes in the perilous standoff came a day after Delhi claimed its aircraft had launched an airstrike on what it called the “biggest training camp of Jaish-e-Muhammad” militant group inside Pakistan – a claim debunked by Islamabad.

“The sole purpose of this [PAF] action was to demonstrate our right, will and capability for self-defence. We do not wish to escalate, but we’re fully prepared if forced into that paradigm,” the Foreign Office had said in a statement.

The then director-general of the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), Major General Asif Ghafoor, said Indian jets were shot down after PAF planes earlier struck targets across the Line of Control (LoC) in a show of strength.

PAF strikes Indian targets across LoC, two IAF jets shot down

Afterwards, he said, the two Indian warplanes crossed the LoC into Pakistani airspace. They were engaged by PAF jets and downed. One fell into Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK), while the other crashed on the other side of the LoC, he had said.

“In response to PAF strikes this morning, as released by MoFA, IAF [Indian Air Force] crossed [the] LoC,” he said. “[The] PAF shot down two Indian aircraft inside Pakistani airspace. One of the aircraft fell inside AJK while [the] other fell inside IOK. One Indian pilot arrested by troops on the ground.”

https://tribune.com.pk/story/215731...AEXxqRfFG3_ReQ5syJ9fgTHPxnmCzvS4Q0atjjs5Oe-8/

How it would be like we are about to see MKI splash or kill evidence... some reading... digital signature confirmation or even a short video of live op... like a bit of glimpse?
Yaar to be honest, I would love to see a clear evidence.. But I don't think we will present any.. I think there too much diplomacy involved here.

Last edited:
@Taimoor Khan bhai & others... please... need to keep it clean and on topic.

Regards,

Yaar to be honest, I would love to see a clear evidence.. But I don't think we will present any.. I think there are too much diplomacy involved here.

I am not insisting for SU-30 splash at all but its like anything from the suggested options.... anything even less than a minute video from cockpit or a bit of interesting RT of India.... etc etc... which may comprises of few seconds only but will be like hitting slowly with one at a time.

This will set a stupid precedent. It is time to move on from February 27 and look forward to bigger and better things. Pakistani people need to deal with international relations with more maturity.

When it comes to Pakistan, India is a united nation. No matter conservative or liberal all Hindus are preparing for a final war with Pakistan. These antics just give us a false sense of security and pride. Honestly, It is immature.

It is going to be a massive celebration day. We should parade Pakistan flags in front of US and Indian embassies. Shame them and remind them of their defeat LOL We should also make Abhinandan effigies LOL

Last edited:
Yaar to be honest, I would love to see a clear evidence.. But I don't think we will present any.. I think there too much diplomacy involved here.
yera! whats the big deal in releasing the evidence?
I dont understand? whats the diplomacy here?

If we r doing that for Russia then Russia care about money only, what has it done for Pakistan on the first place on Kashmir issue or economically? Even in the FATF?

Cant these cute little slavs make themselves useful in return? while on top of that they have given SCO hosting rights to india whose Pakistan is also a member?? that too after 27 feb.? And even now sold S400 and now also selling Akula 2 sub now?

These both systems will be used against Pakistan and Chinese interests in CPEC which passes through G-B and india plans to install them in Kashmir itself which will block any realistic defence of AJK and G-B aerially. Russian Ambassador to India has already said that Kashmir is an Internal Matter to India!

@The Eagle @Windjammer @Irfan Baloch @Hodor @PakSword

Asal Wajah kya ha iss baat ki?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom