What's new

Pakistan to celebrate ‘Surprise Day’ on Feb 27

How it would be like we are about to see MKI splash or kill evidence... some reading... digital signature confirmation or even a short video of live op... like a bit of glimpse? similar to something like ground attack footage.
That’s what i was thinking as soon as i saw the title of thread, the surprise could very well be a dual surprise, The surprise retaliation of 27 Feb 2019 as well as the Surprise Proof of Shot Down MKIs on 27 Fen 2020

Mujahideen-e-Aflak covered all the details hence, I don't see any repetition of such type program. We are going to celebrate this day for our resolve, retaliation & surprise that delivered to India. It may be a surprise for the nation if some kind of further details are being shared at all. However, any such plans are not known as of yet. We might see celebration only which may comprise of some flying display or public display by any other branch on the day.
There should be an Air Show tho. I don’t understand why can’t we have a solo turk equivalent F-16 show

That’s what i was thinking as soon as i saw the title of thread, the surprise could very well be a dual surprise, The surprise retaliation of 27 Feb 2019 as well as the Surprise Proof of Shot Down MKIs on 27 Fen 2020
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ANY TIME SOON BRO

Hi

Just thinking of this day as a celebration is totally shameless and disgraceful I meant to say how much lower the Pakistan Air Force needs to lower her standards of achievements so that it can start celebrating at a national level.

The truth is that they should have and some heads rolling for the indecision for letting the enemy aircraft escape arena and yet here we are planning to arrange a celebration for the Incompetence shown right in the middle of a battle.
Have you watched Joker ?

Try to understand the point, it is all about impression making and Influencing public minds positively. Yea, a small victory, we have had them in numbers in previous wars. But, a new generation hasn’t seen the real wars, they have grown up in cross border peace (not counting in proxies), they lack the JAZBA and Patriotism for the uniform, and what is more surprising, enemy used this and has successfully launched propagandas against army (even where army is not at fault) just to break the image.

People of your generation know what i am trying to say. So coming back to the impression making and Joker, Joker is a savage character, mentally disturbed, PTSD, he is not much by himself, but his actions and works attract people, and he being nothing as himself, yet he is feared.

So, brag again and again about 27 Feb, remind your nation how we first warned them of an incoming retaliation and then yet they were not able to defend themselves for being the so called supa pawa they are.
Your concerns OTOH are legit, but lets also accept what is good. And i do recommend we move on from 27 Feb coz future conflicts with the other side will be well planned i am sure of that. They have been serious in learning the lesson and not to forget the ego issue with them which was seriously destroyed

It can be something like this or anything else as well. I do agree with @Irfan Baloch that even if PAF by chance shares the digital radar signatures or radar footage of MKI going down, except for professionals & experts to read & understand such; its not going to matter for civilians having no knowledge for the same.

Furthermore, its similar to RoE on that day and always until & unless a full blown war that shooting down a jet within their own territory/airspace is an act of aggression & violation of International Laws. PAF had the locks on more of IAF fighters but all of them were well within Indian Airspace and weren't yet threat to our package/CAP hence, kept them within tone. The one of MKIs was actually trying to lock on PAF package over IoK, hence, Viper sent him a surprise to make them all turn cold while running for their lives. Exactly the remaining locks fighters then realize the level of threat. We could have shot down more but firstly, it wasn't a full blown war, secondly they were flying well within Indian Airspace and thirdly, our RoE exercise did favour us on International Forum that none of the outside parties can blame Pakistan instead, everyone did realize that India was aggressor. PAF didn't shoot rest of IAF planes well within lock because they were inside India and we proved our professionalism, training, capability as well as skills even during such highly tensed times.

We demonstrated two of the major capabilities that are,
  1. Intercepted & denied them from achieving any of their goals on 26th Feb while made them to dump their payload in haste and run for their lives and,
  2. We successfully crossed into IoK (Indian Dominated Area) in retaliation on 27th Feb, breached their Air Defences & not just that but targeted ground targets successfully and,
  3. While India tried to cross the line again (ref Abhinandan) or even tried to throw a challenge that MKI was trying to have a lock (unlike coming back with hasty run of IAF on 26th Feb), we did shoot 2 of them while kept their remaining fighters limited to their bedrooms as they couldn't dare to come out and fight anymore.
People mostly think that it was like a street brawl with no responsibility on us or even the possibility of International Backlash which we should expect especially since most of world police is already into India camp for the business. We showed our resolve, capability & professionalism at once and everyone sees that in bright daylight.

Have you watched Joker ?

Try to understand the point, it is all about impression making and Influencing public minds positively. Yea, a small victory, we have had them in numbers in previous wars. But, a new generation hasn’t seen the real wars, they have grown up in cross border peace (not counting in proxies), they lack the JAZBA and Patriotism for the uniform, and what is more surprising, enemy used this and has successfully launched propagandas against army (even where army is not at fault) just to break the image.

People of your generation know what i am trying to say. So coming back to the impression making and Joker, Joker is a savage character, mentally disturbed, PTSD, he is not much by himself, but his actions and works attract people, and he being nothing as himself, yet he is feared.

So, brag again and again about 27 Feb, remind your nation how we first warned them of an incoming retaliation and then yet they were not able to defend themselves for being the so called supa pawa they are.
Your concerns OTOH are legit, but lets also accept what is good. And i do recommend we move on from 27 Feb coz future conflicts with the other side will be well planned i am sure of that. They have been serious in learning the lesson and not to forget the ego issue with them which was seriously destroyed

It can be something like this or anything else as well. I do agree with @Irfan Baloch that even if PAF by chance shares the digital radar signatures or radar footage of MKI going down, except for professionals & experts to read & understand such; its not going to matter for civilians having no knowledge for the same.

Furthermore, its similar to RoE on that day and always until & unless a full blown war that shooting down a jet within their own territory/airspace is an act of aggression & violation of International Laws. PAF had the locks on more of IAF fighters but all of them were well within Indian Airspace and weren't yet threat to our package/CAP hence, kept them within tone. The one of MKIs was actually trying to lock on PAF package over IoK, hence, Viper sent him a surprise to make them all turn cold while running for their lives. Exactly the remaining locks fighters then realize the level of threat. We could have shot down more but firstly, it wasn't a full blown war, secondly they were flying well within Indian Airspace and thirdly, our RoE exercise did favour us on International Forum that none of the outside parties can blame Pakistan instead, everyone did realize that India was aggressor. PAF didn't shoot rest of IAF planes well within lock because they were inside India and we proved our professionalism, training, capability as well as skills even during such highly tensed times.

We demonstrated two of the major capabilities that are,
  1. Intercepted & denied them from achieving any of their goals on 26th Feb while made them to dump their payload in haste and run for their lives and,
  2. We successfully crossed into IoK (Indian Dominated Area) in retaliation on 27th Feb, breached their Air Defences & not just that but targeted ground targets successfully and,
  3. While India tried to cross the line again (ref Abhinandan) or even tried to throw a challenge that MKI was trying to have a lock (unlike coming back with hasty run of IAF on 26th Feb), we did shoot 2 of them while kept their remaining fighters limited to their bedrooms as they couldn't dare to come out and fight anymore.
People mostly think that it was like a street brawl with no responsibility on us or even the possibility of International Backlash which we should expect especially since most of world police is already into India camp for the business. We showed our resolve, capability & professionalism at once and everyone sees that in bright daylight.
Agreed with the street fight thing.

Some people criticize paf for not shooting down all the locked aircrafts, but i would support PAF’s decision for the following reasons :

- The Enemy’s aircrafts were deep inside their territory, they were officially no threat until they actually cross or approach the LOC

- If We has shot down all of the aircrafts, that would definitely be declaration of a war, egos on the other side are to high due to religious hate that the retaliation from India could have been in any most severe form.

- There are agreed terms of violating LOC Airspace and a window of some KMs shouldn’t be mistaken for actually crossing the LOC hence the violating aircraft is to be warned always. Had we shot down their locked aircrafts deep inside their own territory, in the long term, india might have started doing the same, surprise launching BVRs or SAMs on our CAP aircrafts near to IB or LOC even when we are deep inside our territory.

- We can’t criticize the AVM above, since the two countries were at brink of war, any small mistake might have resulted in a full blown war which in turn would be very much shiny from the space. I pity the ranks of generals and ACMs/AVMs or Rear Admirals since they are having the burden of Actually giving a go ahead signal, decisions to be made in a matter of seconds and anything wrong brings them court martial or long term “thoo thoo” from masses. It is not easy to hold such chairs at extreme times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you watched Joker ?

Hi,

Once you lower your standards of performance and achievements and start glorifying small encounters and hiding major failures---that does no good for any kind of jazba for the current and future generations---.

That reminded of Akmal brothers---UMAR AKMAL doing Sajda after scoring 50 runs---. Look where he is now---.

Never sell your sell short---.

The projection of this action should have been different---. The statements should have been " this retaliatory action does not meet the MINIMUM standard of success of our armed forces to celebrate---this was just a routine flying action and nothing more---".

Raise your sights---raise your expectations---success is a frame of mind---you can claim victory by conquering a mole hill---or claim victory climbing the K-2.

Claiming victory and celebrations over small successes is a detriment to a higher level of victory---.

Have you ever watched " Suckers "---here are some shots

Hi,

Once you lower your standards of performance and achievements and start glorifying small encounters and hiding major failures---that does no good for any kind of jazba for the current and future generations---.

That reminded of Akmal brothers---UMAR AKMAL doing Sajda after scoring 50 runs---. Look where he is now---.

Never sell your sell short---.

The projection of this action should have been different---. The statements should have been " this retaliatory action does not meet the MINIMUM standard of success of our armed forces to celebrate---this was just a routine flying action and nothing more---".

Raise your sights---raise your expectations---success is a frame of mind---you can claim victory by conquering a mole hill---or claim victory climbing the K-2.

Claiming victory and celebrations over small successes is a detriment to a higher level of victory---.
I guess you are misunderstanding the reason it is being celebrated, it is not the shooting down of aircrafts, it is Op Swift Retort as a whole, the pre-warning, the “Andar Ghuss Ke Marenge” counter, the shooting down of infiltrating aircraft as well as A2G missions to surprise their military installations and the fact that India didn’t reply after that which is actually a big victory in terms of making the adversary fall on knees after some small random air battle.

Try to think of it like this, you will be satisfied :-)

I guess you are misunderstanding the reason it is being celebrated, it is not the shooting down of aircrafts, it is Op Swift Retort as a whole, the pre-warning, the “Andar Ghuss Ke Marenge” counter, the shooting down of infiltrating aircraft as well as A2G missions to surprise their military installations and the fact that India didn’t reply after that which is actually a big victory in terms of making the adversary fall on knees after some small random air battle.

No he will be not satisfied at all but always criticized PAF/Pakistan senselessly

Hi,

India did not need to reply anymore---their target and goal was achieved---. They wanted to find out the real response of the Paf---and they got it.

The found out that the Paf lacked fire power---it lacked dare---it was satisfied with small victory---even though there was a " duck shoot " presented to them---.

27th feb was tactically and over all failure of Pak military---. Pak military consortium was satisfied with less---even though there was an open season shoot out at the enemy---.

All
I know is that Mki was touted as air dominance fighter and game changer at least the iaf had their *** handed over to them with mki and mirage 2k irrespective of kills where their high end aircraft were rendered useless as they had no Chance to even launch forget about kill

bottom line their bullying and dominance was humiliated to such extend that they shot their own heli pretty much like they did at red flag
[emoji23]

End of story

Pakistan has every right to celebrate this encounter, it might be inconsequential to some but in my eyes this is the best performance till date.

I hope India learns its lessons and retires it’s old platforms and modernises IAF.

Hi

Just thinking of this day as a celebration is totally shameless and disgraceful I meant to say how much lower the Pakistan Air Force needs to lower her standards of achievements so that it can start celebrating at a national level.

The truth is that they should have and some heads rolling for the indecision for letting the enemy aircraft escape arena and yet here we are planning to arrange a celebration for the Incompetence shown right in the middle of a battle.

Na Khan G.
no shame in celebrating small and rare victory.

PAF failed to prevent the IAF incursion on 26th when our crow and trees were targeted.
but 27 Feb 19 is different story. the one that intruded DID get shot down the rest of IAF remained on their side of the border based on whatever is public knowledge.
regardless of this , whether to shoot them down or not was at worse an indecision I wont call it cowardice far from it.
27 Feb PAF showed the entire world its fully erect DONG. after dry humping the warmongers across the border and LoC. its the Indians who didn't raise the bar after 3 losses , one self inflicted 2 from F-16s. they sheepishly took their submarine away and called off their cruise missile attacks.

of course I would've loved to see entire IAF Mig 21 squadron decimated and that Indian HQ targeted by H 4 bomb
but at that moment our air command took a decision and although I not very trilled at it I feel generous to let it pass.
the slap did its job there was not much to gain (if escalation was not the intention) to kick in the head of someone already down.

my entire take and thinking on this event is celebratory with caution to look out for next Indian aggression. we have so many odds against us

technological embargo and denial of access to Western technology
limited resources and very unstable political situation and diplomatic indifference.

are

Na Khan G.
no shame in celebrating small and rare victory.

PAF failed to prevent the IAF incursion on 26th when our crow and trees were targeted.
but 27 Feb 19 is different story. the one that intruded DID get shot down the rest of IAF remained on their side of the border based on whatever is public knowledge.
regardless of this , whether to shoot them down or not was at worse an indecision I wont call it cowardice far from it.
27 Feb PAF showed the entire world its fully erect DONG. after dry humping the warmongers across the border and LoC. its the Indians who didn't raise the bar after 3 losses , one self inflicted 2 from F-16s. they sheepishly took their submarine away and called off their cruise missile attacks.

of course I would've loved to see entire IAF Mig 21 squadron decimated and that Indian HQ targeted by H 4 bomb
but at that moment our air command took a decision and although I not very trilled at it I feel generous to let it pass.
the slap did its job there was not much to gain (if escalation was not the intention) to kick in the head of someone already down.

my entire take and thinking on this event is celebratory with caution to look out for next Indian aggression. we have so many odds against us

technological embargo and denial of access to Western technology
limited resources and very unstable political situation and diplomatic indifference.

are

hi,

Indians had no intention of raising the bar after they had achieved their goal. Six months down the road they take charge of Kashmir and annex it.

So much for small victories.

Back
Top Bottom