What's new

Pakistan to celebrate ‘Surprise Day’ on Feb 27

February 27th to be celebrated as ‘Surprise Day’ across Pakistan
The government of Pakistan has decided to celebrate February 27th as the ‘Surprise Day’ to commemorate Pakistan Air Force’s ‘Operation Swift Retort’ against the Indian Air Force following the violation of Pakistan airspace the same day last year.
Pakistan and India engaged in an aerial dogfight after two Indian jets violated the airspace of Pakistan on LOC Kashmir in the daylight on February 27th.
February 26th and 27th are significant as Pakistan Air Force (PAF) foiled the attempts of Indian Air Force intrusion into Pakistan’s airspace from LOC Kashmir. On the night of February 26th, 20 Indian jets violated the airspace of Pakistan but with the swift action from PAF, the Indian jets were chased off within a few seconds of the violations.

84775815_2534032286724454_6534369686585344000_n.jpg

Doast, what ever AD network we have... The fact they crossed in remained in Pak air space for very brief time and went back..... Untouched..... Ground locks by single network or multiple remained useless unless the locks resulted in some ground fire..... It means decision making was poor.@MastanKhan

You have no idea what you are talking about. So doesnt the member you have tagged.

Russian and Chinese bombers have been often intercepted deep in hostile territories. Yet no one dares to press the trigger. No one wants to be responsible for starting a war.

These bandits launched standoff weapons and headed back to India once they were painted. I don't see how you can come to this conjecture that PAF was ill-prepared. The weather conditions that they have their own story to tell. But i don't expect you or members with a similar view to know anything about it.

You have no idea what you are talking about. So doesnt the member you have tagged.

Russian and Chinese bombers have been often intercepted deep in hostile territories. Yet no one dares to press the trigger. No one wants to be responsible for starting a war.

These bandits launched standoff weapons and headed back to India once they were painted. I don't see how you can come to this conjecture that PAF was ill-prepared. The weather conditions that they have their own story to tell. But i don't expect you or members with a similar view to know anything about it.

I respect your views....MT and others of similar views will reply. I am sure.....i said we also have 1000 of excuses like Indians have for very next day....

Move on as one sr. member is suggesting....

After 27 Feb, the enemy is on a buying spree and buying weapons whatever it could get its hands on. The enemy learnt from its mistakes and will now come better prepared for a round 2 which will happen over Kashmir in the future.

And here we are celebrating 27 Feb as if we conquered Kashmir while entire Kashmir is in lock-down for last 6 months and we couldn't even put pressure over the enemy through asymmetric means to lift curfew in Kashmir. The entire Muslim Kashmiri population is under oppression of Bharati terrorist forces.

We should learn from the conduct of Prophet (SAW) and Sahaba (RA) during Ghazwat and especially Fath e Makkah. They never celebrated over victory and stayed humble and always prayed to Allah thanking Him for granting victory over their enemies.

Last edited:
After 27 Feb, the enemy is on a buying spree and buying weapons whatever it could get its hands on. The enemy learnt from its mistakes and will now come better prepared for a round 2 which will happen over Kashmir in the future.

And here we are celebrating 27 Feb as if we conquered Kashmir while entire Kashmir is in lock-down for last 6 months and we couldn't even put pressure over the enemy through asymmetric means to lift curfew in Kashmir. The entire Muslim Kashmiri population is under oppression of Bharati terrorist forces.

We should learn from the conduct of Prophet (SAW) and Sahaba (RA) during Ghazwaz and especially Fath e Makkah. They never celebrated over victory and stayed humble and always prayed to Allah thanking Him for granting victory over their enemies.

The best reply.

Doast, what ever AD network we have... The fact they crossed in remained in Pak air space for very brief time and went back..... Untouched..... Ground locks by single network or multiple remained useless unless the locks resulted in some ground fire..... It means decision making was poor.@MastanKhan

Hi,

Thank you for your post---. What people are hiding or don't remember is that it was declared---the enemy declared intent of war a few days prior to strike at position within our borders---.

They stated what was being targeted---.

So the chinese and russian intrusion examples don't work here---.

A state of war was declared prior to the strike and an act of war was committed by the action of those flights---.

Hi,

Thank you for your post---. What people are hiding or don't remember is that it was declared---the enemy declared intent of war a few days prior to strike at position within our borders---.

They stated what was being targeted---.

So the chinese and russian intrusion examples don't work here---.

A state of war was declared prior to the strike and an act of war was committed by the action of those flights---.
The fact that half of them were chanting war war war and after 24 hrs peace peace peace tells you the type of mentality they posses

It is still beyond me why Imarn Khan released abhinandan

Why were 6 fighters spared (war hogi bla bla INDIAN had decided they wanted war) I have heard a few anecdotes about our pilots locking Indian planes inside Pakistan and yet not given clearance.

By now, even in presence of absolutely clear Feb 27 accounts via official channels, a garden variety of commentary has turned it into ‘jitnai munh utni batain’.

Abhinandan was shot down, his wingman was not targeted since he had abandoned him. Su-30 got shot cos he was locking on to one of ours. This has been clarified by official PAF accounts of the day by the horses’ mouth. Everything else is just a story.

PAF maintained air superiority over the AOR and there’s nothing IAF could do about it and just had pulled their fighters back.

They have already done so by awarding him Veer Chakra..

disappointed... i thought they would at least given him a cow...

We should avoid bragging too much on 27/2 ....will someone ever explain from forces ...how did they cross in formation or why didn't our ADS work....leave PAF CAP aside.

this was explained in the ISPR briefing... did you not see it?

Pakistan has every right to celebrate this encounter, it might be inconsequential to some but in my eyes this is the best performance till date.

I hope India learns its lessons and retires it’s old platforms and modernises IAF.

again you are missing the point...India realized it cannot intimidate or push Pakistan around. Pakistan attacked you in broad day light with total disregard. It is almost as if you meant nothing to them. Pakistan was willing go all the way and india like every true bully backed down. All the retroic of teaching Pakistan a lesson went into oblivion.

IAF still more and better performing machines .. you had every advantage with you. We were not going to surprise as you were expecting a response. you out numbered and out gunned the PAF, you had SAM, AWACS, `GCI, S300s etc

it was just tactics and clever planning by PAF ...

i do know even if you get more advance planes the same result could happen. History has shown PAF always manages to blunt your edge... you bought Mig21 we got Mirage III, you bought Mirage 2000 we got F-16s, you got Su-30s we got F-16s block 52.... and so on. You bought Rafales... well Egypt and Qatar operate those planes and PAF has ties to both of them. Go figure how long PAF will take to figure out your new wonder jet...

Pakistan’s economy could barely withstand this skirmish, now imagine a to-fro between PAF-IAF for SOW against each other’s airbases. Because that’s what India had planned.
Interesting.
Pakistan Army and PAF has been busily expending ammunition (all types) constantly since past decade. Exchange of few SOWs with sink the economy ? Ok.

I don’t know about how much you guys know about war, but it’d have sunk the economy and it’s already reeling.
Pakistan didn't fall into Indian trap and averted the war. Somebody in Pakistan was honestly engrossed in endeavors to save the reeling economy from being sunk.

Russian and Chinese bombers have been often intercepted deep in hostile territories.
Not during tense war-like situations.

I apologise for the following question because I’m not expert in the field of radars.

Does it mean that the Indians know our radar’s war time frequencies now ? Because you said “painted” and “tracked” so I understand it as radars being in war mode if such peace/war time mods exists.

Thanks for enlightening me.

There is always encryption involved, even if frequencies are known. If Indian Air Force starts jamming Pakistani Radar, the operator will get to know and report it. Then the jamming source will be tracked through any other radar - ground or aircraft sent in air.

LOC has seen skirmishes for decades. How many times have Pakistan airbases been bombed by an enemy in last 10-15-20 years, by surface to surface missile strikes? And you entirely missed the point about use of surface to surface missiles, any of which could have been mistaken for a nuclear strike.

This was not a trap, per se. India did not expect Pakistan to respond, and it did. The idea was to not invite war unto itself for three trees and one dead crow. There's stupidity and then there's stupidity.

And our ground based AESA like TPS-77/Chinese YLC-12C AESA have frequency hoping capability (Low probability of intercept) LPI capabilities so enemy can't pick the right frequency for our ground base AESA
FH still occurs with in a certain spectrum. Indian EW system will save the frequency being transmitted at it by Pakistani Radar, and send it back to the radar.

No they were jam by our Falcon 20 ECM aircraft as well as our AWACS (Erieye) has also the capability to fools the enemy
They under estimated PAF's EW capability and didnt have a credible EW system of their own. The shot down Mig-21 was supposed to be carrying ELTA-EW pod 82xx series.
mig21.JPG

You can't cut communication of enemy jet and his control tower links relying on this methods
An unsecured (un encrypted) radio can be intercepted and jammed. This could have been the case with Abhinandan Mig-21 as i read some news last year that IAF will revamp radios, cant exactly remember.

This is why PAF uses secure (encrypted) radios. IAF is now relying on Rafale and its EW technology. Somethings look good on paper. Open the IAF Wikipedia page, you will see IAF as a paper tiger, yet IAF lacks a dedicated EW aircraft such as EA-18G, J-16D, Tornado ECR etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom