What's new

Pakistan successfully test fires Babur cruise missile

Just two million dollors a piece.
2 Million dollar, no way dude, its not just the CM itself.
- the R&D cost.
- manufacturing/production cost
- the associated equipments and accessories (MLV, control/radar system etc etc)

We need SAMs as we need a short term countermeasure to PAK-FA T-50 and F22 Raptors.
Also, we dont ned just stealth capable, they have to be 140% stealth and faster than mach 7 to counter india anti missile system

Just two million dollors a piece.

The BGM-109 Tomahawk costs $1.45 million per unit. Considering the quality of Babur's engine (which is not good) and its local production, it must be cheaper, and it can be assumed that one Babur CM costs $1-1.2 million for Pakistan.

I wonder how do you become a rocket scientist for PAF o_O i want this to be my future job :O***

We need SAMs as we need a short term countermeasure to PAK-FA T-50 and F22 Raptors.
Also, we dont ned just stealth capable, they have to be 140% stealth and faster than mach 7 to counter india anti missile system
Now that's i call right assessment of future requirement......:tup:

How these are cheap?? Even you know its engine is usable for one hit only unlike the engine of F16/jf which have life for many years. and its costly coating of Babur and many other aspects. :meeting:

Agreed, the engine is single use only. The engine is what makes the cruise missile expensive when compared to other precision guided munitions.
But you should also consider the fact that the engine is relatively very simple and cheaper to make, thats why it is being produced locally. Besides, Pakistan's primary focus is to use these missiles for delivering nuclear warheads so there won't be any massive expenditure.

I wonder how do you become a rocket scientist for PAF o_O i want this to be my future job :O***

You read a lot and study for one thing..
then you will read that PAF has no rocket scientists.. and that to become a rocket scientist you need to have a good aerospace degree from a reputable intuitionist and must do a lot of hard work. Including lots of mathematics and good solid theory taught in terse english.

Agreed, the engine is single use only. The engine is what makes the cruise missile expensive when compared to other precision guided munitions.
But you should also consider the fact that the engine is relatively very simple and cheaper to make, thats why it is being produced locally. Besides, Pakistan's primary focus is to use these missiles for delivering nuclear warheads so there won't be any massive expenditure.
so why cant they just us Liquid Hydrogen?

You read a lot and study for one thing..
then you will read that PAF has no rocket scientists.. and that to become a rocket scientist you need to have a good aerospace degree from a reputable intuitionist and must do a lot of hard work. Including lots of mathematics and good solid theory taught in terse english.
English is my forte, i was actually fearing the technical Urdu they'd use in Pakistani colleges, when i said rocket scientist i mean work with making PAF jets or these missiles, not NASA.
For most interesting fields you need hard work, but precisely what courses and subjects to choose, from sixth-form till university?

so why cant they just us Liquid Hydrogen?

English is my forte, i was actually fearing the technical Urdu they'd use in Pakistani colleges, when i said rocket scientist i mean work with making PAF jets or these missiles, not NASA.
For most interesting fields you need hard work, but precisely what courses and subjects to choose, from sixth-form till university?

Your focus should be on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.. and make sure you score top grades in these three.
You will not encounter technical Urdu in any good Pakistani college, they all teach in English.

As for your liquid Hydrogen question..
the Babur uses a turbofan which would explode if liquid hydrogen is used.. it uses a lighter form of JP-4 jet fuel.

Liquid hydrogen is best for rocket engines and use along with liquid oxygen..
In a missle the size of the babur.. such a propellent may yield higher speed.. but very little range.

If you were old enough to watch the first gulf war on TV---you would have known the the cruise missiles were launched at night time-----after they had taken out most of the sites---in later stages---they were launched during the day time.

The ones launched against Osama during Clinton's tenure---were also launched at night time---when american general Zinny was having dinner with the pakistani generals.

Agreed. Saddam placed anti-aircraft artillery along major routes of the tomahawks and shot down some of them.

The BGM-109 Tomahawk costs $1.45 million per unit. Considering the quality of Babur's engine (which is not good) and its local production, it must be cheaper, and it can be assumed that one Babur CM costs $1-1.2 million for Pakistan.

Tomahawk has been produced in large numbers. its production costs has been cut down by a large amount!

Can anyone tell me what the surface height of Babur is at the middle stage and beginning stage (before terrain hugging mode).

Your focus should be on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.. and make sure you score top grades in these three.
You will not encounter technical Urdu in any good Pakistani college, they all teach in English.

As for your liquid Hydrogen question..
the Babur uses a turbofan which would explode if liquid hydrogen is used.. it uses a lighter form of JP-4 jet fuel.

Liquid hydrogen is best for rocket engines and use along with liquid oxygen..
In a missle the size of the babur.. such a propellent may yield higher speed.. but very little range.

Turbojet to be precise.
and yes using a rocket motor would decrease the range and besides its extremely difficult to control a supersonic missile at low altitude.
they would have to redesign all the guidance system.

Hope to see a new Super sonic cruise missile with a range of just 300K.Ms as AShM with VLS. I think they should have done a JV with them in this regards with Chinese. So we can have 11 AShM along with 11 Babur in VLS mode in our new F-22Ps Block-IIs.

Back
Top Bottom