What's new

Pakistan successfully test fires Babur cruise missile

Can anyone tell me what the surface height of Babur is at the middle stage and beginning stage (before terrain hugging mode).

Babur missile launched from the land based mobile multi-tube launch system uses a booster for the lift-off.
this booster give power to missile for intial lift-off and takes it away from the launch vehicle. at this stage, babur reaches a height of 1000 m and once the booster are off and the turbo fan engine takes over, the missile enters the terrain hugging mod. any height can be set for this phase.

for more details, you can read at:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...abur-cruise-missile-database.html#post3023390

but its a request that the DATABASE thread is to gather information and we should keep the discussion here.
regards

Pakistan intends to mass produce Babur missile....plus the multi launcher indicates that missile will be used in multi launch on same target..
That means more probability of hitting the target and more damage.

Pakistan intends to mass produce Babur missile....plus the multi launcher indicates that missile will be used in multi launch on same target..
That means more probability of hitting the target and more damage.

I don't think three tubes are for one target only. Isn't it a big advantage to have half a battery fire at one place with a choice of firing at one target or three different ones.

I don't think three tubes are for one target only. Isn't it a big advantage to have half a battery fire at one place with a choice of firing at one target or three different ones.

Depends on how heavily defended the target is.
For some targets one missile is sure to be shot down,so a second or third is needed to confuse defenses and increase pribability.

thats where sunbsonic missilws are superior to supersonic,being cheaper to produce and lighter to carry.

Turbojet to be precise.
and yes using a rocket motor would decrease the range and besides its extremely difficult to control a supersonic missile at low altitude.
they would have to redesign all the guidance system.
But there's nothing to lose in making a guidance less version, think of it as a bullet

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom