What's new

Pakistan Army conducts successful test launch of Babur 1B Cruise Missile

You need to think holistically. Subsonic Babur can easily be shot down once detected by SU-30 stationed in Punjab sector or SU-30 stationed In Rajasthan Sector. From there SU-30 or any other fighter can shoot down the Babur1B.

So Babur has to take a long way to reach, Lets say Punjab sector. It will not fly in straight line to avoid Early detection at all. So In order to evade and reach a Highly defended area, Babur definitely would need longer legs (Long distance). A 1000-1500 KM babur is better in evading and striking a S-400 battery situated 400 KM from Lahore than a 600-700 KM babur which will have limited legs or waypoints configured to avoid detection

Most of the Babur in Rajhstan sector will be striking India through sea. They will fly From Sea, hit targets in Gujrat and nearby localities. So How a 450-700 KM Babur can make long evasive moves when striking a target at 500 KM?

Hence range factor comes in. Longer the range, longer Cruise missile can loiter and go over the area and wait for new commands to strike a new target. You will have the flexibility that limited range Babur now wont be able to provide

Ary Bhai I am not against a increased range variant but whenever Army test a missile they test with new systems/payload and other factors, but here our PDFians only emphasis on range is not that they want to take a longer route to attack a target in India, our public wants longer range for Israel and America...

I'd rather have a 800-1000 KM babur with pin point accuracy and radar evading system then a 1200 to 1500 km babur who is half andha and half kana.. range is not everything for us as our immediate enemy is well within in our range... Lahore se 15 foot ki gulel bana ke pathar maro go tu India mai land kare ga aur yahan pe londo ko 800 ya 1000 km range kam lagti hai ? Kia zamana a gaya hai, yeh din dekhne se pehle Modi mar kyun nai gaya.
Range is equally important when your enemy is as big as India. You need everything. Range, accuracy, radar evasion and everything else.

SLBM is actively being worked upon by strategic forces of navy. dont ask me how i know, but this info is latest as of Dec 10th.

900 announced, 1200km actual

Hope it has the features of the latest North Korean SLBM. Small enough (but with a long enough range to probably match the Shaheen 1A) to fit multiple in a regular SSK and be able to carry out evasive maneuvers, probably capable enough to defeat any ABM currently deployed by the Indians.

Its main use case is to attack fixed high-value targets (HVT). The Harbah dual-ASCM/LACM uses a terminal-stage seeker for its anti-shipping role, this could potentially be active-radar homing (ARH).
Any chance it uses cluster munition?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom