What's new

Pakistan Army conducts successful test launch of Babur 1B Cruise Missile

I guess the enhanced version of 1B, 1st ever mention of this version.

did we conducted '1B' test before ? ISPR clearly saying 'enhanced range version'
The range is not the only thing guys, jamming, evading, surviving are more important and That's how we take out S4's

View attachment 802374View attachment 802375

View attachment 802376

Rawalpindi - December 21, 2021
No PR-222/2021-ISPR

Pakistan today conducted a successful test of an enhanced range version of the indigenously developed Babur Cruise Missile 1B.

Today’s launch was witnessed by Lieutenant General Nadeem Zaki Manj, Director General, Strategic Plans Division, Dr Raza Samar, Chairman NESCOM, Lieutenant General Muhammad Ali, Commander Army Strategic Force Command, senior officers from Strategic Plans Division, Strategic Forces, scientists and engineers of strategic organizations.

Director General, Strategic Plans Division, congratulated the scientists and engineers on achieving excellence in the domain of cruise missile technology and expressed his full confidence that this test will further strengthen Pakistan’s Strategic Deterrence.

The President, Prime Minister of Pakistan, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee and Services Chiefs have also congratulated the scientists and engineers on conduct of successful launch.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Let say it's range is more then 900 KM. I say try taking it at least 1200 and if more then even better. Also Pakistan should do same with Harbah and Babur which is fried from Submarine. We need extended range versions of those missiles also. If we manage to take Harbah range to 900 or 1000 KM and our Azmat class Missile boat can fire that then we can increase our Azmat class missile boats to 12 or even way more and use them to carry out strikes in Mumbai and Bangalore and Goa.

Let say it's range is more then 900 KM. I say try taking it at least 1200 and if more then even better. Also Pakistan should do same with Harbah and Babur which is fried from Submarine. We need extended range versions of those missiles also. If we manage to take Harbah range to 900 or 1000 KM and our Azmat class Missile boat can fire that then we can increase our Azmat class missile boats to 12 or even way more and use them to carry out strikes in Mumbai and Bangalore and Goa.
tbh the 900 km thing is 99% a mistake by our reporters. @kursed tracked down the origin of the quote, and it was about Shaheen 1A.

I'd keep our expectations low. IMO, it's still around 700 km.

the window size in the front, whatever that is for?
1640113645836.png

Tried spotting differences between the Vanilla Babur and Babur 1B:
The intake design is definitely different. The engine exhaust is also different. I can't spot anything else. Probably a lot more internal changes.

"Spanned the range" means that's how much the missile traveled during today's test, not that it is the maximum range.

ISPR apparently said so via a statement to our news outlets.

This is the quote the ISPR reportedly gave:

"The missile spanned a range of 900 kilometers and the test flight was aimed at the re-validating of various design and technical parameters of the weapon system including an advanced navigation system,"​

I found the quote at these outlets:

Last edited:
tbh the 900 km thing is 99% a mistake by our reporters. @kursed tracked down the origin of the quote, and it was about Shaheen 1A.

I'd keep our expectations low. IMO, it's still around 700 km.
I am hopeful this time. I really think the range is at least 1000 KM if not more. Still we need to keep increasing accuracy, stealthiness, and range of this missile. Also increase range of Submarine based version as well as Harbah.

We won't be doing that. We don't have the economic backbone required to support the consequences of being able to target anyone beyond the end of your nose.
So if we dont have that bacbone why wasting money on these missiles further exhausting economy when we dont have guts if u dont have guts you cannot use them even for 800 km range

Pakistan probleum is we get scared by western blackmailing so easily only country with nukes is bog downed

the window size in the front, whatever that is for?
View attachment 802579

"Spanned the range" means that's how much the missile traveled during today's test, not that it is the maximum range.
that window is for the RIO /WSO for keeping the missile informed of any intruders / threats from 6 o'clock.

Military professional? How did you get that tag besides your username?
Lets have some room for light moments as well. As far as your query regarding my professional tag is concerned, try searching my posts connected to my name...you will get some idea.
Military professional? How did you get that tag besides your username?
I hope you dont believe that all military professionals are very serious people. They have a life as well, military humor forms an integral part of that.

Lets have some room for light moments as well. As far as your query regarding my professional tag is concerned, try searching my posts connected to my name...you will get some idea.

I hope you dont believe that all military professionals are very serious people. They have a life as well, military humor forms an integral part of that.

No brother I was not questioning you.. I was just curious because never seen that tag before but I will re-read your threads

So if we dont have that bacbone why wasting money on these missiles further exhausting economy when we dont have guts if u dont have guts you cannot use them even for 800 km range

Pakistan probleum is we get scared by western blackmailing so easily only country with nukes is bog downed

I'll think you'll find the problem is that people aren't to open to you showing up with the begging bowl whilst you develop weapons that can target their mainland.

Our state has always said it's nuclear and missile development is defensive as a reaction to India, hence the ranges are limited to what covers India. So yes you are correct, we are scared of economic blackmail because we are so vulnerable to it due to our weak economy.

If you search my posts on this forum and filter for the word ICBM or SLV, you'll find i'm an advocate of Pakistan developing long range missiles - i don't think we'll ever be safe until we have some level of detterent against everyone - but that's not a poor mans game. We need to be an economic big boy first.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom