What's new

Pakistan Army conducts successful test launch of Babur 1B Cruise Missile

I'd rather have a 800-1000 KM babur with pin point accuracy and radar evading system then a 1200 to 1500 km babur who is half andha and half kana.. range is not everything for us as our immediate enemy is well within in our range... Lahore se 15 foot ki gulel bana ke pathar maro go tu India mai land kare ga aur yahan pe londo ko 800 ya 1000 km range kam lagti hai ? Kia zamana a gaya hai, yeh din dekhne se pehle Modi mar kyun nai gaya.

I'll think you'll find the problem is that people aren't to open to you showing up with the begging bowl whilst you develop weapons that can target their mainland.

Our state has always said it's nuclear and missile development is defensive as a reaction to India, hence the ranges are limited to what covers India. So yes you are correct, we are scared of economic blackmail because we are so vulnerable to it due to our weak economy.

If you search my posts on this forum and filter for the word ICBM or SLV, you'll find i'm an advocate of Pakistan developing long range missiles - i don't think we'll ever be safe until we have some level of detterent against everyone - but that's not a poor mans game. We need to be an economic big boy first.

Exactly! We are deliberately keeping our energies to the weapon systems / ranges which can deal with our existential enemy. We are not pursuing longer ranges for below reasons:

a) Our economy does not allow it. ICBMs take considerable amount of investment.
b) We do not want to show ourselves as THREAT to countries outside our region. Once we get those ranges (We will automatically become a threat having nuclear capability and jezbati nation which is always eager to take on anyone)
c) We are not global powers. Only economic powers are eligible to become global powers. Country with deadly and massive militaries and extremely exhausted economy is a recipe for disaster. We will go one more step closer for more sanctions.
d) We must not poke our noses outside our capacity. Should concentrate on 1 enemy at a time. No country wants to attack us.

I'd rather have a 800-1000 KM babur with pin point accuracy and radar evading system then a 1200 to 1500 km babur who is half andha and half kana.. range is not everything for us as our immediate enemy is well within in our range... Lahore se 15 foot ki gulel bana ke pathar maro go tu India mai land kare ga aur yahan pe londo ko 800 ya 1000 km range kam lagti hai ? Kia zamana a gaya hai, yeh din dekhne se pehle Modi mar kyun nai gaya.

You need to think holistically. Subsonic Babur can easily be shot down once detected by SU-30 stationed in Punjab sector or SU-30 stationed In Rajasthan Sector. From there SU-30 or any other fighter can shoot down the Babur1B.

So Babur has to take a long way to reach, Lets say Punjab sector. It will not fly in straight line to avoid Early detection at all. So In order to evade and reach a Highly defended area, Babur definitely would need longer legs (Long distance). A 1000-1500 KM babur is better in evading and striking a S-400 battery situated 400 KM from Lahore than a 600-700 KM babur which will have limited legs or waypoints configured to avoid detection

Most of the Babur in Rajhstan sector will be striking India through sea. They will fly From Sea, hit targets in Gujrat and nearby localities. So How a 450-700 KM Babur can make long evasive moves when striking a target at 500 KM?

Hence range factor comes in. Longer the range, longer Cruise missile can loiter and go over the area and wait for new commands to strike a new target. You will have the flexibility that limited range Babur now wont be able to provide

Oh really.

Simple google search would show you how British Airplanes used to shoot down German cruise missiles with a gun or some modern example

Sub sonic CM capability lies in avoiding detection at all cost. Or else AEWC and Fighter jets with radars having look down capability wont be able to detect cruise missiles?

Simple google search would show you how British Airplanes used to shoot down German cruise missiles with a gun or some modern example

Sub sonic CM capability lies in avoiding detection at all cost. Or else AEWC and Fighter jets with radars having look down capability wont be able to detect cruise missiles?
Lol its 2021, forget fighter planes, India Pakistan proximity is so close that even best of the SAMs at either side will struggle to take out most of the incoming cruise missiles.

We always announce test range not the actual range that missile can travel......

Nobody gives the precise range anyways they give some indictions but they never throw in the actual numbers to protect it's intel. This is done universally

The Babur-1B is now at the perfect range to be able to launch from Pakistan, flow over the ArabianSea and then turn eastwards to hit targets in Mumbai - which hosts one of the largest Indian Naval Bases.

Detecting the cruise missiles over the Arabian sea will be difficult for India so there will be a significant degree of the element of suprise there compared to going over land where there is a lot of radars and AWACs to circumvent.

Think how difficult it would be to detect a cruise missile flying 100m above the sea in the Arabian Sea .... CM's like the Ra'ad with their stealth shaping will be even more difficult to see.

That could be why the testing has been done over the sea recently ? Validating those attack parameters.

Last edited:
Military professional? How did you get that tag besides your username?

I will advise you to not to question credibility before you know anything about the humor or sense when some people talks given their age & experience. Stop jumping upon the people around. Just a brotherly advice.

To everyone questioning or wondering about Range; that thing isn't the problem as compare to what Strategic Forces Engineers achieves through tests flights & validating the data. What good it is for 1500 KM range when a sub standard AD can shoot it down or even by miracle it reaches the point, it misses the target like those clouds and tearing down the trees and claim 350 casualties.

Let's be honest on this and discuss the capability and accuracy. I will say that one bullet one kill. That's how the expertise, tech & destruction should result.

I will advise you to not to question credibility before you know anything about the humor or sense when some people talks given their age & experience. Stop jumping upon the people around. Just a brotherly advice.

It was not an ill intention towards the wise senior but I was geninuely curious haven't seen that tag before that is all.. It was strictly the logo

Last edited:
It was not an ill intention towards the wise senior but I was geninuely curious haven't since that tag before that is all.. It was strictly the logo

No problem brother.

Verified Personnel have Professional tag on the Forum. Either Retired or In-service. There are others without tags as they never claimed. Hence, you will need to pay attention to the content and what's being said. By the time you will understand.

they fired missile from ground and missile hit the target on ground then how came beach in middle of it ?:undecided: do we have island being used as target site ?

Sonmani rocket/missile test range is near the sea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom