What's new

Pakistan Military Multimedia

I just have 2 questions:

1) why is there no refueling props on the JF17B?

2) Why are the hinges that open the cockpit of JF-17B still located on the outside of the aircraft instead of bing hidden away like the other 2 seater aircraft?

Hybrid engine, flies more with less fuel
Because no sane person gives a **** about hinges

I just have 2 questions:

2) Why are the hinges that open the cockpit of JF-17B still located on the outside of the aircraft instead of bing hidden away like the other 2 seater aircraft?

Hybrid engine, flies more with less fuel
Because no sane person gives a **** about hinges

No need to be rude yar, it is just a question. My questions were not intended in any way to be disrespectful.
The reason I asked this question is if you look at 2 seater JAS 39 Gripen, Eruofighter Typhoon, and French Rafale they do not show hinges. It would make sense to follow their example, but again it may be to some constraints that I am not aware of. If someone would like to correct me please do.

I do not think you know what you are taking about. What do you mean by hybrid engine? The engine is the same as JF-17A RD93. The main reason I asked this question was the reasoning of training new pilots on air to air refueling. JF-17B would be a great platform to train new/incoming pilots on how to refuel midair.
The only other platform that can provide this type of training in this type of configuration is the Mirage with it air refueling prob. It is the only other aircraft in PAF inventory that can connect with IL-78 to extend mission/patrolling time.

Last edited:
Sorry, wasn't trying to be rude, just sick of reading so many posts on insignificant non-issues.

No need to be rude yar, it is just a question. My questions were not intended in any way to be disrespectful.
The reason I asked this question is if you look at 2 seater JAS 39 Gripen, Eruofighter Typhoon, and French Rafale they do not show hinges. It would make sense to follow their example, but again it may be to some constraints that I am not aware of. If someone would like to correct me please do.

I do not think you know what you are taking about. What do you mean by hybrid engine? The engine is the same as JF-17A RD93. The main reason I asked this question was the reasoning of training new pilots on air to air refueling. JF-17B would be a great platform to train new/incoming pilots on how to refuel midair.
The only other platform that can provide this type of training in this type of configuration is the Mirage with it air refueling prob. It is the only other aircraft in PAF inventory that can connect with IL-78 to extend mission/patrolling time.

80709955_2527046457577312_6835475090495242240_o.jpg

Pakistan Navy Conducts Live Weapon Firings in North Arabian Sea

Sorry, wasn't trying to be rude, just sick of reading so many posts on insignificant non-issues.
Yar if you dont like it skip over it. I do the same. Someone else will answer my question if they feel like it. Im sure you are a good person and hope the best for you.

On another note can someone answer my question from above if they have any knowledge. Thanks

I just have 2 questions:

Refueling probes on JF17s (any model) can be removed and added as necessary. When they are not needed they are taken off. You will see many Block 2s flying without them aswell. they were added later so they’re removable, unlike the ones on the F-16. If they need to fly missions that need refueling, they will have them equipped.

The hinges I don’t know about, probably because that’s how they were originally designed and they haven’t changed them.

Refueling probes on JF17s (any model) can be removed and added as necessary. When they are not needed they are taken off. You will see many Block 2s flying without them aswell. they were added later so they’re removable, unlike the ones on the F-16. If they need to fly missions that need refueling, they will have them equipped.

The hinges I don’t know about, probably because that’s how they were originally designed and they haven’t changed them.
Thanks for the insight. I did not know the refueling probes could be removed/attached at will. This is definitely new to me.

112th Midshipmen and 21st Short Service Commission (SSC) Course Commissioning Parade was held at Pakistan Naval Academy PNS RAHBAR.

80435879_2528106200804671_918026328689606656_o.jpg

80844150_2528106294137995_3363755598100299776_o.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom