What's new

Pakistan bans English for Islamic words!

Pathetic post.

you should at least do minimal wiki to find alternative to islamist propaganda. Blind followers. Sadly.

The word entered English from a French word which probably derived from Italian moschea, a variant of Italian moscheta, from either Middle Armenian մզկիթ (mzkit‘) or Medieval Greek μασγίδιον (masgídion) or Spanish mesquita, from the Arabic مسجد masjid meaning "place of worship" or "prostration in prayer", either from Nabataean masgĕdhā́ or from Arabic سجد sajada meaning "to bow down in prayer", probably ultimately from Aramaic sĕghēdh.[2]

Mosque - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why should Wikipedia be more reliable that my link? Wikipedia is a public reference input site and open to lies.

The meaning and evolution of the word ‘Mosque’ | MuslimSpeak

Why should Wikipedia be more reliable that my link? Wikipedia is a public reference input site and open to lies.

The meaning and evolution of the word ‘Mosque’ | MuslimSpeak

We the Pakistanis should avoid misrepresenting English words. Arabic comes from old Aramaic. Thus we should look at that language to understand Arabic.

Only a rabid Islamist would believe that when we say mosque, it has a pathetic link with bugs.

Please change your views about other languages, unless you are preparing to follow Daesh to death.

Thank you.

@Azad-Kashmiri bhai.

You have good Islamic jurisprudence knowledge but not so good social knowledge. You are a follower of tareeqah (as you said before) and I have never seen sufis as adamant in imposing this stereotypical madrassa's image on others. I am also bayt but sufis are the ones who are crowned in restoring the humanity regardless of cast or creed. The way you are imposing your view is just like the way hardcore militant sects do. Why don't you consider yourself to be wrong? Why don't you give benefit of doubt or question yourself to the things you know might be wrong? Please look into the matters in wider perspective and acquire more knowledge and information to debate. Don't close the doors permanently. I am just talking generally, no offence intended.

We the Pakistanis should avoid misrepresenting English words.

Only a rabid Islamist would believe that when we say mosque, it has a pathetic link with bugs.

Please change your views about other languages, unless you are preparing to follow Daesh to death.

Thank you.

We are purists and do not follow the likes of apologists. Giving labels such as DAESH to deter those on the path of truth is foolhardy.

I don't understand this decision, was there someone lobbying for this in Pakistan?

On the long list of items that need to be reformed and fixed, this should even be on the piece of document. Baffled to be honest.

We are purists and do not follow the likes of apologists. Giving labels such as DAESH to deter those on the path of truth is foolhardy.

Those who have zero knowledge of English terms cannot be purists.

There is another term for such people. But I won't say it to avoid making this discussion personal.

So many Pakistani youth are heading towards self immolation in the name of Daesh and other pathetic Islamists.

Sadly.

I don't understand this decision, was there someone lobbying for this in Pakistan?

On the long list of items that need to be reformed and fixed, this should even be on the piece of document. Baffled to be honest.

We should learn from ZA Bhutto's husher nusher and Gen. Zia's explosion.

Trying to bend over backwards to please Islamists will never end well.

This stupidity needs to be challenged in the courts. There is no such requirement in Islam so this is nothing but an infringement on free speech and the Mullahs forcing their warped and intolerant ideology on others.

Is Pakistan illegal now? Will it be named al-bakistan?

If the idea of 'purists' is to change the world of today to what it was 1400 years ago then the first thing you should do is turn off the computer and burn it immediately.

You can't pick and choose when you want to be a 'purist' about. It makes you look like a fool and you hurt no one but your religion and fellow brothers in the process.

The only thing constant in this world is change and lots has changed over the past 1400 years. If we are to keep up with the rest of the world, we need to take this into consideration and adapt accordingly. This is for our benefit and our benefit alone.

I hope you see the broader picture but i doubt you will.

@Azad-Kashmiri bhai.

You have good Islamic jurisprudence knowledge but not so good social knowledge. You are a follower of tareeqah (as you said before) and I have never seen sufis as adamant in imposing this stereotypical madrassa's image on others. I am also bayt but sufis are the ones who are crowned in restoring the humanity regardless of cast or creed. The way you are imposing your view is just like the way hardcore militant sects do. Why don't you consider yourself to be wrong? Why don't you give benefit of doubt or question yourself to the things you know might be wrong? Please look into the matters in wider perspective and acquire more knowledge and information to debate. Don't close the doors permanently. I am just talking generally, no offence intended.

Bhai, If my coming across is hardcore and uncompromising then I apologise. Look at the comments and please tell me how can anyone remain quite when OP created a thread to mock us? Even our Ulema Ikram would say, speak out and defend the din.

I am only responded to those posts that have religious significance, not the nationalist comments. Don't you think we need to get back to the din?

And yes, I agree with you, after reflecting I did go over board. And that is the duty of brothers like you to correct people like me as you have. May Allah bless you!

If the idea of 'purists' is to change the world of today to what it was 1400 years ago then the first thing you should do is turn off the computer and burn it immediately.

You can't pick and choose when you want to be a 'purist' about. It makes you look like a fool and you hurt no one but your religion and fellow brothers in the process.

The only thing constant in this world is change and lots has changed over the past 1400 years. If we are to keep up with the rest of the world, we need to take this into consideration and adapt accordingly. This is for our benefit and our benefit alone.

I hope you see the broader picture but i doubt you will.

Bhai, I'm surprised to here this from someone in Christendom who has access to Islamic knowledge. Where does Allah forbid us from using technology?

Congrats Al-Bakistanis! Another marvelous feat achieved by your PM!

I'm absolutely proud of this decision and completely support the government on it.

And there you have results of 'madrassah' "education" in a nutshell. :omghaha:

What's wrong with a Madrassah education? If I recall correctly the word itself is Arabic for "school" so you don't like schools?

Sorry if the Madrassah's in Pakistan are too busy feeding and housing hundreds of thousands of poor children across the country so can't afford to spend the kind of money a privileged little shit like you who may very likely live off Norway's welfare system had spent on him during your elementary and high school years (assuming you didn't just drop out).

However, they do a great and commendable job and I have the utmost respect for them .

How many schools did you open in Pakistan and how many children did you take into your own home and feed/house? I'm pretty sure the answer is 0.

If you're going to insult him or anyone in the Madrassah then should I insult you because Canadian Universities rank higher than those in your shit hole of Norway and Canadian HS students score significantly higher on PISA tests than Norway which must automatically mean I'm smarter than you are and your views must be thanks to a faulty Norwegian education. I guess all that oil money isn't going into the kids in Norway considering you guys ranked below Vietnam in 2012 and under the US in 2014.

If it s true then this moron has has taken another step in the direction of his mentor Zia ul Haq----what a moron.

Gen. Zia Ul Haq was very likely Pakistan's greatest leader up to this day and probably since Liaqat Ali Khan.

Pakistan experienced its strongest economic growth under Gen. ZIa Ul Haq all while he was fighting a war in neighboring Afghanistan, he was one of the few Generals who even attained a bachelors degree (Bachelors in Economics if I recall correctly) outside of the general sciences/social studies degrees in military schools, he was responsible for Pakistan's greatest military tactical victory overseeing the downfall of the Soviet Union.

No General or Politician since him has ever come close to replicating his success.

Don't believe the bullshit leveled against him.

Bhai, If my coming across is hardcore and uncompromising then I apologise. Look at the comments and please tell me how can anyone remain quite when OP created a thread to mock us? Even our Ulema Ikram would say, speak out and defend the din.

I am only responded to those posts that have religious significance, not the nationalist comments. Don't you think we need to get back to the din?

And yes, I agree with you, after reflecting I did go over board. And that is the duty of brothers like you to correct people like me as you have. May Allah bless you!

Am just a mere human in front of you knowledgeable guys. Regardless of my opinion about this thread which I have already given, if the learned guy like you manages to open up yourself to the attribute 'acceptance', trust me it will be those who are opposing you will defend you by every means. Acceptance doesn't mean 'agreement' but shows tolerance and 'zarf'. You have not yet encountered the worst, this thread (if you think is a mocking) is nothing compared to that. And we are all on din, trust me, acchay ya buray, kum ya zyada unless one belongs to ahle khabees. I am not stopping you to have your say, no, but don't want a learned person to look doltish as well. If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?

The only people mocking the faith are the very same Mullah's demanding these kinds of changes. Out of all the ills and challenges facing Pakistan, this stupidity is what Islamic scholars want to focus on. Shame on them and shame on the Pakistanis that want to suppress free speech and thought and force their twisted and intolerant views upon other Pakistanis

Back
Top Bottom