What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

What does your Cobra riding Taliban eating friend say about this bad boy?
I have to meet him. he is actually my father's friend and he was recalled (from retirement) to join a STF (special task force) as a Cobra gunship pilot. last time we met was 2 years ago and I didn't get to talk much but I am sure he will only have praise for this beauty which is like a cobra on steroids.

I have to meet him. he is actually my father's friend and he was recalled (from retirement) to join a STF (special task force) as a Cobra gunship pilot. last time we met was 2 years ago and I didn't get to talk much but I am sure he will only have praise for this beauty which is like a cobra on steroids.

We need some expert opinion and some tid bit as if we are proceeding with the sale or not. This is the ideal replacement for our Cobras!

We need to have a section / thread to honor our Cobra gunship pilots hardly any info nor pic's are out their about them specially given the fact that they risk their lives everyday to fly to kill these cowards . Back to the topic I agree with Horus we need to understand and know if there is ever going to be a deal or not and if not then what else is on the table.

You should think that Turkey has not follow an political goal if comes to a Deal between Turkey & Pakistan.

If this Govt.. can not fetch a deal on T 129 with willing Turks yet, then it means they were actually waiting for positive answers from moody Russians on Mi helos.

If this Govt.. can not fetch a deal on T 129 with willing Turks yet, then it means they were actually waiting for positive answers from moody Russians on Mi helos.

But Mi-35 is not meant to replace Cobras, even if Russia agree to sale Mi-28Ns even then T-129 with full production and weapons TOT will be much better to have.

But Mi-35 is not meant to replace Cobras, even if Russia agree to sale Mi-28Ns even then T-129 with full production and weapons TOT will be much better to have.
If there is a country that will get a good deal,it will be Pakistan.
The only obstacle if ever will be the engine but im sure they will find a solution for that in time.
We just need to wait for the T-129 to mature.

If there is a country that will get a good deal,it will be Pakistan.
The only obstacle if ever will be the engine but im sure they will find a solution for that in time.
We just need to wait for the T-129 to mature.

It has been rumored that T-129 will come with local production line if deal is signed and also weapons like UMTAS & Cirit will be produced locally. Whereas if we go for Mi-28Ns no matter how good they are, we will be handicapped in all major aspects like numbers can't be increased as required, can't rebuild or overhaul and weapons had to be purchased continuously which means prone to sanctions.

PAA pilots have tested the bird and they like it.

So.....Two things might stopping us...... one is, its American/European parts and engine. second is, its not a proven platform like Mi 35. U have the example of RD 93 for JF17. we r still getting them in our AC's rather trusting any other chines engine.

It has been rumored that T-129 will come with local production line if deal is signed and also weapons like UMTAS & Cirit will be produced locally. Whereas if we go for Mi-28Ns no matter how good they are, we will be handicapped in all major aspects like numbers can't be increased as required, can't rebuild or overhaul and weapons had to be purchased continuously which means prone to sanctions.

Patience,let them build the T-129B first,then everything will be easier and more affordable.

details would be good if u have some ?

@MuZammiL Dr. s[1]n @T-123456 I just asked PAA pilot again on same issue and asked him which system is better Mi-28N or T-129 for Pakistan and he replied T-129.

Screen print T-129 Twitter discussion.JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom