What's new

PAF Squadrons - re(naming) Petition

Though this is a very sensitive topic, but to lighten the mood, we should take some time to give our views and raise some questions in regard to the names of our Squadrons in the Air Force.

Q. Why the hell are there Two Squadrons named: Sherdils (Aerobatics & No. 19)?

Q. Why do the Sherdils have a Hawk/Falcon on their Patch and a Lion on the Tail of the F-16?

Q. What's the name of No. 4 Squadron (AEW&C - ZDK-003)?

Note:
- Someone needs to tell PAF that there is no such thing as Phoenixes (No. 28 Squadron - JF-17). Its just: Phoenix!

- Someone needs to change the insignia of the No. 10 Squadron (Bulls), which is not a knockoff/carbon copy of the Chicago Bulls.

- Black Panthers and Black Spiders. Do we really need two of these (JF-17)? Perhaps, just keep 'Panthers'. I assumed the only other Panther was 'Pink'.

Squadrons i'd like re(named):
No. 2 Sqn - Minhasians: Yes, its named after a great War Hero, but i'd prefer a Base named after him, as opposed to a Squadron.
No. 7 Sqn - Bandits: I really despise this name. It sounds like something from a Wild West movie. Had their name been used in place of 'Skybolts' for CCS, my vote would have swung.
No. 28 Squadron - Phoenixes: I think i've made my point earlier.
No. 19 Squadron/K-8 Display Team - One has gotta go. Grab a Webster's Dictionary and pick something, for God sake.
No. 81 Sqn - Kangaroos: Have we relocated...Down Under
No. 83 Sqn - Kites: No, no, no, no, nooooooooo!
No. 84 Sqn - Dolphins: Hell no!
No. 85 Sqn - Saviours: They sound like Bible salesmen.
CCS F-7 - Dashings: Yeah, that's a no brainer. Everytime I hear that name, the image of a swashbuckling Errol Flynn pops in my head.
NOBODY WILL CHANGE BANDITS......BANDITS FOR LIFE.

Though this is a very sensitive topic, but to lighten the mood, we should take some time to give our views and raise some questions in regard to the names of our Squadrons in the Air Force.

Q. Why do the Sherdils have a Hawk/Falcon on their Patch and a Lion on the Tail of the F-16?

Note:
- Someone needs to tell PAF that there is no such thing as Phoenixes (No. 28 Squadron - JF-17). Its just: Phoenix!

- Someone needs to change the insignia of the No. 10 Squadron (Bulls), which is not a knockoff/carbon copy of the Chicago Bulls.

- Black Panthers and Black Spiders. Do we really need two of these (JF-17)? Perhaps, just keep 'Panthers'. I assumed the only other Panther was 'Pink'.

Squadrons i'd like re(named):
No. 2 Sqn - Minhasians: Yes, its named after a great War Hero, but i'd prefer a Base named after him, as opposed to a Squadron.
No. 7 Sqn - Bandits: I really despise this name. It sounds like something from a Wild West movie. Had their name been used in place of 'Skybolts' for CCS, my vote would have swung.
No. 28 Squadron - Phoenixes: I think i've made my point earlier.
No. 19 Squadron/K-8 Display Team - One has gotta go. Grab a Webster's Dictionary and pick something, for God sake.
No. 81 Sqn - Kangaroos: Have we relocated...Down Under
No. 83 Sqn - Kites: No, no, no, no, nooooooooo!
No. 84 Sqn - Dolphins: Hell no!
No. 85 Sqn - Saviours: They sound like Bible salesmen.
CCS F-7 - Dashings: Yeah, that's a no brainer. Everytime I hear that name, the image of a swashbuckling Errol Flynn pops in my head.

No. 83 - Phantoms

No. 84 - Foxhound

No. 2- Barracudas

No one claimed to use evolutionary ancestors, or to "go back to their culture", otherwise why not celebrate amoebae instead? Of course, we could just take myth stories like talking snakes, forbidden fruit, and moulded clay beings as the literal truth instead, take your pick. Some people will never evolve, but that's the way evolution works, survival of the fittest.

Yes liberals claim and encourage to shun ur beliefs and instead go back to ur old heritage. Or have some mythical stories, the ones evolved enough can seek truth while some cant even start to comprehend it.

There is no K-8 sqn named Sherdils. Sherdils is merely an aerobatics group that borrows jets from No.1 FCU.

No.19 sqn'x former name was war hawks (during F-7 times). Now its Sherdil. Squadron insignia remains the same.

Karakoram Eagles.

orbat_pk_af_4sq2.gif

Note:

Its only Phoenix

Originality argument aside. It fits the image.

Panther refers to large cats. Pantherinae is a cat sub family that consists of the genera of pantheras and neofelis. So, cats, lions, tigers are all subspecies of a panther type.

Apart from the black skin that infers Block Panthers as Ghosts of the forest with stealth like tactics., Black panthers are known for much more unpredictability and aggressiveness. They have one of the strongest capabilities of leaping large distances (upto 20 ft) which Lions/tigers cannot do. They have extremely good eye sight and strong jaws.

Hence, there is a great deal of thought behind adding the word Black with the Panther.

They fly over the sea.
I can't think of any Air Force that has Sea Creatures for a Squadron name.

Even the Chinese have it in their Navy.

Think of a bird that flies over Water. Pelican.
There is no K-8 sqn named Sherdils. Sherdils is merely an aerobatics group that borrows jets from No.1 FCU.

No.19 sqn'x former name was war hawks (during F-7 times). Now its Sherdil. Squadron insignia remains the same.
See, that's my point.
- You have a Aerobatics Team that for some reason choose the name of an (exsisting) Squadron. Its as if the English Dictionary and/or the Urdu لغت miraculously ran out of words.

- And at the other end of the rainbow, No. 19 Squadron moved on from War hawks to Sherdils, but couldn't for some reason part from the Hawk insignia. So on the Patches, the Hawk still appears, but on the Tail of an F-16 is a Lion. There are some mysteries that should never be touched.

Apparently, there is something behind the name 'Dashings'. I swear to God..., I don't care if my sh!tty Mitsubishi shot down an F-35 with its exhaust pipe - I would name it: Dashings.
Its only Phoenix
Sorry, the list I had put it as plural. But i'll make my point about the 'Phoenix' as you did for the History of the 'Black Panthers'.

A Phoenix is a long-lived bird that cyclically regenerates or is otherwise born again. Associated with the sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor. Some legends say it dies in a show of flames and combustion, others that it simply dies and decomposes before being born again.

So you see my reservations as to why they named an entire Squadron after 1 mystical creature. As I stated in my earlier post, it would have suited one of the VIP Transports in the PAF. Oh well, its water under the bridge. Wish a great deal of thought would have gone in naming them that.
Originality argument aside. It fits the image
I hate knockoffs, especially when its a prominent one. Truth be told, the Bulls insignia isn't all that hard to create. Hell, I could design one on my own if I put 5-man hours into it.
So, cats, lions, tigers are all subspecies of a panther type.
I always assume it being the other way around, that Lions, Tigers, Panthers, Pumas, Cheetahs were subspecies of...Cats.

Truth be told, I hate 2-word Squadron Names regardless of which Air Force/Navy it may be.
Ours: Tail Choppers, Black Panthers/Spiders

Don't get me started if the word 'The' is part of it.

Yes liberals claim and encourage to shun ur beliefs and instead go back to ur old heritage. Or have some mythical stories, the ones evolved enough can seek truth while some cant even start to comprehend it.

I don't know what you mean by "old heritage", but if you believe, for example, a virgin birth, birds throwing stones at elephants, the parting of the red sea, humans made from clay, etc, is the "truth" and not myth or superstition, then good luck! :tup:

few name suggestions from my side

Grim Reapers
Bounty Hunters
Ghost Riders
Wolfpack
Black Widow (I think we had a F-6 squad by that name)
Jackals

I don't know what you mean by "old heritage", but if you believe, for example, a virgin birth, birds throwing stones at elephants, the parting of the red sea, humans made from clay, etc, is the "truth" and not myth or superstition, then good luck! :tup:

Wow u can also predict beliefs of others, its like u sniff it, ur evolution path must be interesting. If ur done with ur **** , kindly dont derail the thread.

Grim Reapers
Yeah, its quite well known in the USN: VFA-101 - Grim Reapers
Currently flying the F-35 (previously F-14 and F-18).

Plus its basically Death holding a Scythe.

I just did a design on the previous page on a F-16. Squadron name: Reapers
Bounty Hunters
Okay, what's the insignia gonna be on the tail?

Bounty Hunters sounds like a 80's TV Series starring Lee Majors.
Ghost Riders
Was a USN Squadron: VF-142

Problem with that its got something to do with Skull & Bones. I doubt the PAF will pass off on something that is too...Amriki.
I also did one design on the previous page on a F-16. Squadron name: Wolves
Black Widow (I think we had a F-6 squad by that name)
Another 'Black'!!! We already got Black Panthers & Black Spiders.

Plus, I wonder what the guys will feel like flying for a Squadron named after a deadly female spider or female character from Marvel's Avengers.
I like that.

I had picked Hyenas, but Jackals sounds cool too.

I can't think of any Air Force that has Sea Creatures for a Squadron name.

Even the Chinese have it in their Navy.

Think of a bird that flies over Water. Pelican.

See, that's my point.
- You have a Aerobatics Team that for some reason choose the name of an (exsisting) Squadron. Its as if the English Dictionary and/or the Urdu لغت miraculously ran out of words.

- And at the other end of the rainbow, No. 19 Squadron moved on from War hawks to Sherdils, but couldn't for some reason part from the Hawk insignia. So on the Patches, the Hawk still appears, but on the Tail of an F-16 is a Lion. There are some mysteries that should never be touched.

Apparently, there is something behind the name 'Dashings'. I swear to God..., I don't care if my sh!tty Mitsubishi shot down an F-35 with its exhaust pipe - I would name it: Dashings.

Sorry, the list I had put it as plural. But i'll make my point about the 'Phoenix' as you did for the History of the 'Black Panthers'.

A Phoenix is a long-lived bird that cyclically regenerates or is otherwise born again. Associated with the sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor. Some legends say it dies in a show of flames and combustion, others that it simply dies and decomposes before being born again.

So you see my reservations as to why they named an entire Squadron after 1 mystical creature. As I stated in my earlier post, it would have suited one of the VIP Transports in the PAF. Oh well, its water under the bridge. Wish a great deal of thought would have gone in naming them that.

I hate knockoffs, especially when its a prominent one. Truth be told, the Bulls insignia isn't all that hard to create. Hell, I could design one on my own if I put 5-man hours into it.

I always assume it being the other way around, that Lions, Tigers, Panthers, Pumas, Cheetahs were subspecies of...Cats.

Truth be told, I hate 2-word Squadron Names regardless of which Air Force/Navy it may be.
Ours: Tail Choppers, Black Panthers/Spiders

Don't get me started if the word 'The' is part of it.
Pelican = rainbow rainbow vibes......Thura sa bharam wala nam ye Indian type nam nahi:azn:

I dont care abt names but ur wrong about importing heros. Seems u have no idea about ideology of Pakistan and history of the people living here. The human history is defined by migrations, our ancestors migrated from one place to other. Islam reached india first through tableegh of companions and then through these warriors. Study history and ull know those hundreds of thousands strong lashkars didn't just came n went back, wars lasted for decades, they would bring families and settle villages, those that didn't have family would marry locally. More than a thousand years of invasions and settling, have produced the nation called Pakistan. We have ppl with turkic, arabic, Persian, afghan/pashtun descendants. We also have mixed races, those that married locally and we also have those that converted. This history binds us to turks, arabs, persians, afghans and central asians and there is absolutely nothing wrong in associating oneself with them. Afterall if those victories by those heroes were not achieved, there would be no Islam in the subcontinent and hence no Pakistan.
I know liberals feel special pain when we associate ourselves with old muslim heros but without those heros, there wouldn't be a Pakistan in the first place. There is nothing wrong in portraying ur own country but our country is young and we have a long history before partition. I never see some ppl objecting to british era names that remind us of slavery of british, but associating with Islam is really painful for some.

Lolz since its a complete zoo, why not add monkeys and chimpanzees? Afterall the liberals say we evolved from them, so might as well honor them.
Absoulutely Right!
Well this is getting off-topic and OP already is hating it, you can always create a new thread and we can take this discussion elsewhere.
It is all just a matter of perspective, I understand that you are those "ummah" believers, where has this love of ummah gotten us? UAE, KSA and rest of their GCC minions have blatantly showed and awaken some of us while clearly some are still sleeping. For now some of the headless chickens will sing the Turkic songs and in about 10 years we will get the same results from them as well, probably then we will move to Central Asia until we get the same treatment from them and the cycle goes on. In the meantime maybe Afghans might also prosper then we should all be praising how great those Afghan were too us. :D
Dear if other turns away from Islam? is that mean you will also? If you do then remember you cant do any harm to ALLAH but to yourself. So dont take tension of Arabs who left the Ummah. Be an exception in the sight of ALLAH who can stand for Islam even you are alone. I think you dont really know about the roots of Pakistani nation which infact a mixed race but only one thing bind them and that is Islam. And Islam came first as this country came into existence in the name of Islam. So you should see the base of this country Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom