What's new

PAF Squadrons - re(naming) Petition

F-16 - Wolves.jpg

I suggest a few names:
  • Faateh named after Sultan Muhammad Faateh who conquered Constantine - Opal and announced "Jannetti".
  • Surkhrus (not the red spirit but sounds like it) - the successful and who have done it and are Surkhru before Allah.
  • Ashhads (Ashhadu Alla Ilaha Illallah, the oath takers) - the oath takers who took the oath to defend the Nation and punish those who stand against it.
  • Labaiks (those who are present, لَبَّيْكَ اللَّهُمَّ لَبَّيْكَ) - those who present themselves and are present in the moment to safeguard, defend and conquer.
  • Khaybateen (The fear generators: those who induce fear in the hearts of the enemy).
  • Ababeels (the bird Allah used against Elephants), the uncatchable, nifty agile and the ones who create havoc and turn enemy into hay.
  • Maaliks (the owners, also named after Malik-al-moat the angle of the death and Chief of the hell whose name is Maalik)

Amazing, I really like these names.

I know it irks a lot of members here and in general Pakistani's as well but instead of importing heroes from other Arab, Turk or Central Asian regions when will be start honouring our heroes, the warriors and people of our land or at least the people who have been instrumental to us, Pakistan or this land at least.

This false bravado "we ruled or took over constantinople........" Nope we never fought, ruled or took over constantinople, it is an achievement of someone else not ours, they should boast about it was not us. We should honour our heroes. Rashid Minhas, Lalak Jan or Aziz Bhatti are far bigger heroes for us than Sultan fateeh can ever be.

The contributions of Władysław Turowicz to PAF and Pakistan are far far greater than those Mamluk rulers. Similarly Ranjeet Singh should be our hero as compared to those afghan invaders.

We all have witnessed the rise of Ertugurl in Pakistan, Believe me our history and the history of the present day Pakistan is no less than any Ertugurl, Mamluk or Mehmet. The sooner we accept it, honour it the earlier we will rise as a nation. Relying on the achievements of others or borrowed history will not take us anywhere. Borrowed history is like borrowed money, it is not an asset just a liability.

I dont care abt names but ur wrong about importing heros. Seems u have no idea about ideology of Pakistan and history of the people living here. The human history is defined by migrations, our ancestors migrated from one place to other. Islam reached india first through tableegh of companions and then through these warriors. Study history and ull know those hundreds of thousands strong lashkars didn't just came n went back, wars lasted for decades, they would bring families and settle villages, those that didn't have family would marry locally. More than a thousand years of invasions and settling, have produced the nation called Pakistan. We have ppl with turkic, arabic, Persian, afghan/pashtun descendants. We also have mixed races, those that married locally and we also have those that converted. This history binds us to turks, arabs, persians, afghans and central asians and there is absolutely nothing wrong in associating oneself with them. Afterall if those victories by those heroes were not achieved, there would be no Islam in the subcontinent and hence no Pakistan.
I know liberals feel special pain when we associate ourselves with old muslim heros but without those heros, there wouldn't be a Pakistan in the first place. There is nothing wrong in portraying ur own country but our country is young and we have a long history before partition. I never see some ppl objecting to british era names that remind us of slavery of british, but associating with Islam is really painful for some.
Guys, can we leave the history lessons and religion out. Seriously! If want to present a Religious name, go ahead and: The End

Or take this conversation in some other Thread/Topic.

For some reason, we always seem to deviate off the topic...

A few names i'd like to throw in the mix...

F-16's:
Vipers
Wolves
Reapers
Buzzards

Mirages:
Deltas (could be for J-10's too)
Leopards
Vultures

AW139:
Stingers
Blazers
Hyenas
Merlins
Scavengers

Falcon20/Saab 2000:
Lynx
Owls

Animals are all those that are part of the wildlife of Pakistan.

Lolz since its a complete zoo, why not add monkeys and chimpanzees? Afterall the liberals say we evolved from them, so might as well honor them.

Last edited:
I dont care abt names but ur wrong about importing heros. Seems u have no idea about ideology of Pakistan and history of the people living here. The human history is defined by migrations, our ancestors migrated from one place to other. Islam reached india first through tableegh of companions and then through these warriors. Study history and ull know those hundreds of thousands strong lashkars didn't just came n went back, wars lasted for decades, they would bring families and settle villages, those that didn't have family would marry locally. More than a thousand years of invasions and settling, have produced the nation called Pakistan. We have ppl with turkic, arabic, Persian, afghan/pashtun descendants. We also have mixed races, those that married locally and we also have those that converted. This history binds us to turks, arabs, persians, afghans and central asians and there is absolutely nothing wrong in associating oneself with them. Afterall if those victories by those heroes were not achieved, there would be no Islam in the subcontinent and hence no Pakistan.
I know liberals feel special pain when we associate ourselves with old muslim heros but without those heros, there wouldn't be a Pakistan in the first place. There is nothing wrong in portraying ur own country but our country is young and we have a long history before partition. I never see some ppl objecting to british era names that remind us of slavery of british, but associating with Islam is really painful for some.
Well this is getting off-topic and OP already is hating it, you can always create a new thread and we can take this discussion elsewhere.
It is all just a matter of perspective, I understand that you are those "ummah" believers, where has this love of ummah gotten us? UAE, KSA and rest of their GCC minions have blatantly showed and awaken some of us while clearly some are still sleeping. For now some of the headless chickens will sing the Turkic songs and in about 10 years we will get the same results from them as well, probably then we will move to Central Asia until we get the same treatment from them and the cycle goes on. In the meantime maybe Afghans might also prosper then we should all be praising how great those Afghan were too us. :D

Is it just me or has the amount of fanboys in pdf gone through the roof. Relax kids, your suggestions are going to be even remotely considered for implementation. People who have a say are definitely not going to make changes based off random pdf posts

Sometimes i feel PAF names it's squadrons Alphabetically....
Arrows
Bandits
Black spider
Black Panther
Cobras
Dashings
Eagles
Falcons
Fierce Dragons
Ghazi
Griffins
Hawks
Haiders
Minhasians
Phoenix
Skybolts
Sharpshooters
Talons
Tigers
Zarar....

Well this is getting off-topic and OP already is hating it, you can always create a new thread and we can take this discussion elsewhere.
It is all just a matter of perspective, I understand that you are those "ummah" believers, where has this love of ummah gotten us? UAE, KSA and rest of their GCC minions have blatantly showed and awaken some of us while clearly some are still sleeping. For now some of the headless chickens will sing the Turkic songs and in about 10 years we will get the same results from them as well, probably then we will move to Central Asia until we get the same treatment from them and the cycle goes on. In the meantime maybe Afghans might also prosper then we should all be praising how great those Afghan were too us. :D

Recognizing hisotical heroes and "expecting" things from current muslims are too way different things. U think we associate with those heroes because we expect saudis or emaratis or turks to help us? We may love old arabs and sahaba, does that mean we have to love the current lot too? And since we respect their elders they should support us and help us in any condition? What kind of mentality and logic is that? We respect old heros and may not even be frnds with current lot, so what? U seem among the ones who expects everything free and when denied, then start abusing ummah and call them names, is that something sane?
We r off topic so maybe will continue in another thread.

Lolz since its a complete zoo, why not add monkeys and chimpanzees? Afterall the liberals say we evolved from them, so might as well honor them.
Funny. You planning on (just) cracking jokes or do you have any input you'd like to share with the rest of us?

Tell you what, i'll put you down for:
Chaliyas
Paans
Rickshaws
Mangos

...only until something original comes your way.
As for that downward pointing arrow on the tail, it reminds me of symbols found on squash rackets and balls
I'll be sure to request the PAF to have those 'pointing arrow on the tail' removed from their current F-16's.

Falcons.jpg

120258657_3264547686985836_2084408375872112123_o.jpg

Funny. You planning on (just) cracking jokes or do you have any input you'd like to share with the rest of us?

Tell you what, i'll put you down for:
Chaliyas
Paans
Rickshaws
Mangos

...only until something original comes your way.

I'll be sure to request the PAF to have those 'pointing arrow on the tail' removed from their current F-16's.

Sorry couldn't keep that in. I agree some of the names need to go but dont see it as too necessary.

lolz since its a complete zoo, why not add monkeys and chimpanzees? Afterall the liberals say we evolved from them, so might as well honor them.

Not sure what mean by "liberals" but just to correct you that we didn't evolve from "monkeys" and "chimpanzees", no scientist has ever claimed that and it's a common misnomer for those who don't understand evolutionary biology. The paeleantological data shows that current ape species, including humans, evolved from a common ancestral species, with the lineage of chimpanzees and other primates as a separate branch. But clearly some people have yet to fully evolve.

1612110010558.png

Last edited:
Not sure what mean by "liberals" but just to correct you that we didn't evolve from "monkeys" and "chimpanzees", no scientist has ever claimed that and it's a common misnomer for those who don't understand evolutionary biology. The paeleantological data shows that current ape species, including humans, evolved from a common ancestral species, with the lineage of chimpanzees and other primates as a separate branch. But clearly some people have yet to fully evolve.

View attachment 712199

Yeah we evolved from a fish that decided to leave water one day, so should we put some fish up there? Or go back to fish culture? Clearly some people need to evolve further.

Yeah we evolved from a fish that decided to leave water one day, so should we put some fish up there? Or go back to fish culture? Clearly some people need to evolve further.

No one claimed to use evolutionary ancestors, or to "go back to their culture", otherwise why not celebrate amoebae instead? Of course, we could just take myth stories like talking snakes, forbidden fruit, and moulded clay beings as the literal truth instead, take your pick. Some people will never evolve, but that's the way evolution works, survival of the fittest.

Back
Top Bottom