What's new

New Islamabad Airport Progress

I think it should be named Nur Khan International airport. Nur Khan was an illustrious Air Chief Marshall, a great administrator in hockey, squash and cricket.

When he was hockey chief, Pakistan won the World Cup and Champions Trophy. When he was squash chief, Pakistan was undefeatable. When he was cricket chief, along with Imran Khan he brought about the renaissance of Pakistan cricket.

Also when he headed PIA, it was one of the best airlines in world.

Compare to all this, what exactly did Benazir do for the country? Twice PM and twice dismissed for corruption.

But the sycophants and cronies who are sitting in Islamabad will never let this happen. I think for public buildings, people of the country must be given a choice to name the building.

British in India used to put up maps and plans for public buildings in public places for the 'natives' to give their approval. If the British could do it, who were 'usurpers', why cant our 'democratic' leaders do something like that?

I think it should be named Nur Khan International airport. Nur Khan was an illustrious Air Chief Marshall, a great administrator in hockey, squash and cricket.

When he was hockey chief, Pakistan won the World Cup and Champions Trophy. When he was squash chief, Pakistan was undefeatable. When he was cricket chief, along with Imran Khan he brought about the renaissance of Pakistan cricket.

Compare to all this, what exactly did Benazir do for the country? Twice PM and twice dismissed for corruption.

Benazir educational city, and Benazir bridge were inaugurated some days back!!! Why don't be call larkana or Naudero benazirabad while we are at it??

Nur Khan is a good idea, but gandhara airport looks okay to me as well.

Yes its named Gandhara International Airport. Hopefully which mean more and more people will now know about Gandhara Civilization.

Gandhara is the ancient name of Punjab and KPK.

Yes it a great idea, this reminds me, two years ago I was travelling from Gawadar to Karachi on PIA ATR, once we boarded I had a pleasant surprise that Nur Khan Sahib was also in that plane. Then captain came, stood before Nur Kan in military style, asked about his well being and then said "Sir ijazat ho to fly karain". I think this was the ultimate respect what we can offer to our stars who did exceptionally well once they were entrusted some job. Salute to great man Nur Khan. May ALLAH bless him with eternal peace and place him at the higher pedestal in Jannah.

YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING MAN. for heavens sake, let defence.pk out of the NIIA please...dont put people off....

Its supposed to be the largest and most modern international airport in all of South/Central Asia.

Lets see and pray that our dreams for Pakistan come true :pakistan:

Bigger than "Indira Gandhi International Airport" New Delhi? (See we also name our Airports, bridges, Roads, colleges etc. after politicians)

How many Terminals, How many Runways and what is the capacity Cargo and Passengers of this airport?

Islamabad_International_Airport_Pakistan.jpg

islamabad-airport.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom