What's new

New Islamabad Airport Progress

Bigger than "Indira Gandhi International Airport" New Delhi? (See we also name our Airports, bridges, Roads, colleges etc. after politicians)

How many Terminals, How many Runways and what is the capacity Cargo and Passengers of this airport?
its not gonna be bigger thn IGIA, its no where close, it will only handle 9 million a year with 2 runways (third might be added in future/ same with the terminal building) with capability of handling 80,000 metric ton of cargo per annum

Islamabad_International_Airport_Pakistan.jpg

islamabad-airport.jpg
thats not it, this is the real one
New_Islamabad_International_Airport_Pakistan.jpg

projects_islamabad_airport_small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
why is the airport so small, since it is for the capital it should be bigger i guess.

why is the airport so small, since it is for the capital it should be bigger i guess.

airports are made depending on the air traffic, and besides there will be another airport, the one we use right now.
btw this one is still huge!

its a capital city, not a mega city like Karachi and the size of airport depends on the traffic it gets, current airport is a transit airport for northern people but they are getting their airport now so traffic will be much less at ISB airport

The new airport will hold upto 50+ Planes.

These are the airlines that go to Islamabad currently. (Note there aren't that many)

Airblue
Bhoja Air
China Southern Airlines
Emirates
Etihad Airways
Gulf Air
Kuwait Airways
Nas Air
Oman Air
Pakistan International Airlines
Qatar Airways
Saudi Arabian Airlines
Shaheen Air
Thai Airways International
Turkish Airlines
UN Humanitarian Air Service
British Airways (On/Off)

cool thing about this airport will be that any kind of aircraft would be able to land.
2 - 4000 meters of runway are more than enough!

only PIA and shaheen will be inducting new planes

Actually Air Blue has the newest planes:

4 A-319
1 A-320
1 A-321 (Crashed due to weather)

I'm expecting them to induct A-321 or A-330 (longer range) at least. The reason is due to the fact that they have been using 1 smaller A-320 to Manchester via Istanbul.

Actually Air Blue has the newest planes:

4 A-319
1 A-320
1 A-321 (Crashed due to weather)

I'm expecting them to induct A-321 or A-330 (longer range) at least. The reason is due to the fact that they have been using 1 smaller A-320 to Manchester via Istanbul.
last i heard about airblue was that they were going to lease 4 planes, 2 a320s (obviously) and 2 a330's or a340's, on other hand, shaheen has leased a 767-200 and will be adding a330-300 into its fleet soon

In stead of banning it, it should be reformed.

Back
Top Bottom