What's new

New Islamabad Airport Progress

Dude PIA should be banned that airline sucks bad...
Banning? No, bad or good, PIA is, was, will remain flag carrier of Pakistan, what needs to be banned is corruption management, PIA needs a massive restructuring plan which I'm sure won't be done under ppp rule

529778_354478174612349_420502881_n.jpg

527950_354478307945669_185194121540756_933514_2135493221_n.jpg

156255_354478454612321_1454203900_n.jpg

air1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Banning? No, bad or good, PIA is, was, will remain flag carrier of Pakistan, what needs to be banned is corruption management, PIA needs a massive restructuring plan which I'm sure won't be done under ppp rule

Or better yet, PIA along with the main Pakistani airports should be privatised.

Government run airlines are often very inefficient (as we see with PIA) and I wouldn't trust any politician running it even from a credible party. They often don't know what the hell they're doing and nepotism is almost always involved especially in Pakistan.

It's easy to say "ban corruption" but hard to put in practise when you have politicians involved and when privatisation occurs, then you don't have to worry about corruption.

Well the progress is slow; but as the old adage goes "Slow and steady wins the race".

pso_jul15.jpg

Defence Minister Syed Naveed Qamar visited New Islamabad International Air Port construction site near Fateh Jang on July 23. He told news media that construction of airport's runway is completed and terminal building construction work is going on at a fast pace.

He said that there's delay in works related to other departments like provision of water and electricity supply lines, and construction of roads network for connectivity to the new airport. An inter-ministerial meeting will be arranged to sort out delay in these works.

He also said that efforts are being made to make airport functional to some extent in coming months. Probably it means they have plans to start cargo flights operation in coming months as mentioned in some old news reports?

Here's PTV News report.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the proposed date of completion? How much is it going to cost the exchequer? Is it public-private enterprise? I wish the OP had included these details too! :coffee:

Yaar why is everything in Pakistan so slow. The worst thing is its even slower than India which herself works at snail's pace.

I mean, is it lack of funds due to slumber economy or lack of expertise and proffesionalism among PMs

India developed its Airports in partnership with GMR . You guys can also do the same . Private companies take work seriously than goverment ones . Now Delhi and Hyderabad airports are counted amongst some of the best in the world .

What is the proposed date of completion? How much is it going to cost the exchequer? Is it public-private enterprise? I wish the OP had included these details too! :coffee:
they keep changing the dates, it is now supposed to open next summer, from what i know, the airside work is being completed by pakistani firm and the terminal building by the chinese

new_islamabad_airport.jpg

Though an oldone, nice to see test flight touching landing strip of new Islamabad airport.

Back
Top Bottom