What's new

Gwadar Intl Airport to be inaugurated

In ulluon ki aqal airport aur motorway aur flyover say agay jati hi nhn.

Why did you waste $250 million on an airport in Gwadar when the people there don't even have reliable electricity or water.

Just vanity projects so you can say ham nay iftitah kia.

I still remember Ahsan Iqbal's statement, PTI nay aik bhi naya bijli ka mansooba nhn lagaya. When our problem is not of generation but of transmission. Talk about priorities.

Tbh, he is right
We need a lot more energy than we currently have to keep up with demand (I know we're energy positive rn but just to keep up with future demand we need a lot more energy projects)

transmission is a major issue alongside import baaed energy production (gas, oil, imported coal etc) but that doesn't mean we don't need electricity projects (solar, nuclear, hydro, coal)
We need a whole pipeline of these cheap energy projects not for today but for future

You need to do both (which PTI was doing with hydro projects- so he is technically incorrect even in that assertion)
I like Ahsan Iqbal but he was being partisan when he made that claim

Both PDM and PTI are/ were trying to fix our energy sector and both took steps in the right direction but it'll take a good 10 years for us to get out of this mess but looking at what's in the pipeline, I am positive we'll start producing cheap energy over a period of time (as long as we fix our transmission problems)

For the time being we need to focus on IT, agriculture, labor intensive assembly, mining to get by till we fix our energy sector in the next decade or so

Last edited:
Chinese J-20s can land in Gwadar but they cannot in Dubai.

Gwadar is more strategic than any other airport in the Arabian Sea.

PAF and PLAAF will surely be there.
Gwadarians will be waiting for a long time if that is their ticket to development.

Some of them may be hoping all this excitement will improve their lives. Not just for PAF and PLAAF.

Pakistanis are hard working people.

They do not sit around and wait for the hand outs from the government like the Americans.

I see lots of unhappy folk comments from Karachi with our gwadar … lol

Give it time if done right it will work

Just like desert terrain Islamabad in the 80s looking very bare with few dotted buildings and look at it now “ unrecognisable “

I see lots of unhappy folk comments from Karachi with our gwadar … lol

Give it time if done right it will work

Just like desert terrain Islamabad in the 80s looking very bare with few dotted buildings and look at it now “ unrecognisable “

Gwadar has potential but it is too horribly managed by Faujis to actually make it work.

Karachi is held hostage on purpose, but for Gwadar and for CPEC as a whole, I have seen way too much hype and not that many results.

Inability to use Chinese help is going to turn out disastrous.

Pakistanis are hard working people.

They do not sit around and wait for the hand outs from the government like the Americans.

You are right; they are hard-working and don't wait around for handouts; instead, they fly out to ask for handouts.

Inshallah, with Gwadar, the flight time to go to GCC to beg will be cut in half.

Gwadar has potential but it is too horribly managed by Faujis to actually make it work.

Karachi is held hostage on purpose, but for Gwadar and for CPEC as a whole, I have seen way too much hype and not that many results.

Inability to use Chinese help is going to turn out disastrous.

It has great potential for us all. And I very doubt it the Chinese will allow any PAK military or politicians with sticky fingers ruin this port. We all know from our past experiences when an outside powers lean on our coward peoples they always bend like the wind and become well behaved children. China will be no different here.

Gwadar can become out hong kong if we keep on the path. You boys should buy property there now, this is like investing in Manhattan in the early 1800's.

Back
Top Bottom