What's new

NE India Corner

Congratulations to Rewati Chetri for putting Indian beauty (especially North East Indian) on the world map again.

Rewati Chetri from Assam has been crowned Miss Asia (Best in Asia Continent) at the World Miss University 2016 pageant, held in Beijing.
http://www.indiatimes.com/news/indi...iss-asia-at-world-miss-university-250029.html

Konsi chakki ka aata khilate ho :man_in_love:

11038398_1543224029300145_2261282405667070990_n.jpg

@Tshering22 @zootinali @Brahmaputra Mail @halupridol @JanjaWeed

@Abotani My friend, I have not heard from for a while. You maybe interested in this thread.

It won't sell.

We have Pakistani, Brazilian, Canadian and British actors acting in Hindi movies without any awareness about the country or the people.

It is all about how well someone writes a story and puts it forward. And that is what sells.

Congratulations to Rewati Chetri for putting Indian beauty (especially North East Indian) on the world map again.

Rewati Chetri from Assam has been crowned Miss Asia (Best in Asia Continent) at the World Miss University 2016 pageant, held in Beijing.
http://www.indiatimes.com/news/indi...iss-asia-at-world-miss-university-250029.html

She is pretty indeed! :)

Proud of her.

Although I would like to see Miss Universe and Miss World contestants from our states.

I stalk follow her religiously on facebook and instagram.:D

Sorry for late reply. I cannot say for other states but for my state Assam. PM is working well in the Centre. Infact after his coming to power the setting up of Silchar broad-gauge line got expedited. But we expect more from the Centre, especially the youths, who are not getting enough jobs in the region. Also the Centre needs to audit the progress of construction and expansion of road-rail-air-river connectivity. NE India needs huge investment announcements. At a time when other states, particularly the Western coastal states and the Southern states are getting huge FDI, the NE states are yet to get any. We only get a handful of investments. Life is tough here.

What is the state plan for Assam to consider expansion into organic agricultural sector with view on inter-state and regional exports? Have you got any major plan considering that my state just went organic a few days back?

Considering that Brahmaputra and its deposits have a positive impact on your soil in long term, agriculture and renewable energy could be the largest sector in Assam, creating thousands of jobs and bringing in much desired investments.

As jobs trickle in, investments will boost and development of smart cities like Lavasa (near Pune) will emerge.

She is pretty indeed! :)

Proud of her.

Although I would like to see Miss Universe and Miss World contestants from our states.

I would love that too, but I believe such contests at least on national level are marred by politics. we do need to bring this beautiful side (not only beauty contest but in other fields as well) of our country to the main stream.

I would love that too, but I believe such contests at least on national level are marred by politics. we do need to bring this beautiful side (not only beauty contest but in other fields as well) of our country to the main stream.

Bollywood would be a good start.

Although most movies these days are second hand copies with pathetic acting and almost complete nudity, there are some good movies like Airlift which show our national airline Air India and its great efforts and how we all are one country and proud of it.

I'd love to see actors and actresses from our region cast in such meaningful movies with other big celebrities like Akshay Kumar, Ajay Devgan etc who do relatively more sensible movies than others.

We have Pakistani, Brazilian, Canadian and British actors acting in Hindi movies without any awareness about the country or the people.

It is all about how well someone writes a story and puts it forward. And that is what sells.

Someone has already answered. Are you from NE, have you lived in mainland?

Someone has already answered. Are you from NE, have you lived in mainland?

Yes I am and yes I have if you mean rest of India. We're not an island you know. Mainland would be a term better used by some member who is from Andaman or Lakshadweep or Daman and Diu here. :) Those are our major island territories.

Bollywood would be a good start.

Although most movies these days are second hand copies with pathetic acting and almost complete nudity, there are some good movies like Airlift which show our national airline Air India and its great efforts and how we all are one country and proud of it.

I'd love to see actors and actresses from our region cast in such meaningful movies with other big celebrities like Akshay Kumar, Ajay Devgan etc who do relatively more sensible movies than others.
Yes, that would be a good start. but sadly Bollywood is dominated by Punjabis and Khans, heck they couldn't cast someone from NE in Mary Kom. That would have been a good start to introduce talent from NE.

besi highlight noholo bhal , they get fooled easily. I find our girls to be healthier , possibly due to culture and food that we eat which make them attractive.

Also because of the air quality and natural environment.

I have seen many NE folks deteriorate by skin living in metro cities because of pollution, stress, congestion etc.

Despite having lived in Delhi for a lot of time, I was gasping for breath after staying for a few months in Gangtok and going there. :o:

It is atrocious quality of air in Delhi.

Back
Top Bottom