What's new

NE India Corner

Yes I am and yes I have if you mean rest of India. We're not an island you know. Mainland would be a term better used by some member who is from Andaman or Lakshadweep or Daman and Diu here. :) Those are our major island territories.

Other members from NE referred to the rest of India as Mainland India, I am not sure if it is how you call it. As for those " Pakistani, Brazilian, Canadian and British actors acting in Hindi movies", what do they have in common?

Other members from NE referred to the rest of India as Mainland India, I am not sure if it is how you call it. As for those " Pakistani, Brazilian, Canadian and British actors acting in Hindi movies", what do they have in common?

It is a common English language misnomer for referring to rest of the country. I too used to call that way until knowing the true meaning.

As for what these nationalities have in common is just one word: M-O-N-E-Y.

Bollywood has this obsession with foreign looks whether white or mixed or whatever.

Congratulations to Rewati Chetri for putting Indian beauty (especially North East Indian) on the world map again.

Rewati Chetri from Assam has been crowned Miss Asia (Best in Asia Continent) at the World Miss University 2016 pageant, held in Beijing.
http://www.indiatimes.com/news/indi...iss-asia-at-world-miss-university-250029.html

Konsi chakki ka aata khilate ho :man_in_love:

11038398_1543224029300145_2261282405667070990_n.jpg

@Tshering22 @zootinali @Brahmaputra Mail @halupridol @JanjaWeed
Her face somewhat reminds me of Amy Jackson. :smitten:

besi highlight noholo bhal , they get fooled easily. I find our girls to be healthier , possibly due to culture and food that we eat which make them attractive.

Also because of the air quality and natural environment.

I have seen many NE folks deteriorate by skin living in metro cities because of pollution, stress, congestion etc.

Despite having lived in Delhi for a lot of time, I was gasping for breath after staying for a few months in Gangtok and going there. :o:

It is atrocious quality of air in Delhi.

Food habits and water quality also have some impact on the skin complexion. Rest is climate and race. Let's not forget we're all of Mongoloid stock. :P

What is the state plan for Assam to consider expansion into organic agricultural sector with view on inter-state and regional exports? Have you got any major plan considering that my state just went organic a few days back?

Considering that Brahmaputra and its deposits have a positive impact on your soil in long term, agriculture and renewable energy could be the largest sector in Assam, creating thousands of jobs and bringing in much desired investments.

As jobs trickle in, investments will boost and development of smart cities like Lavasa (near Pune) will emerge.
Currently I hear of no plans. Besides I am yet to read the political manifestos for upcoming state elections. There will be change of govt. for sure. Let's see what are the plans of new govt.

Food habits and water quality also have some impact on the skin complexion. Rest is climate and race. Let's not forget we're all of Mongoloid stock. :P

I agree. Centuries of climate and terrain has made us different from the other fellow Indians living in the plains, coasts, deserts and plateaus.

If you can, try staying in Jodhpur for a few months with maybe a family friend during summers. :lol:

That puts all our race-related genes into serious jeopardy.

I have seen Rajasthani traders more comfortable in Sikkim than we guys managing over in their state.

Currently I hear of no plans. Besides I am yet to read the political manifestos for upcoming state elections. There will be change of govt. for sure. Let's see what are the plans of new govt.

The contest seems to be almost one sided if you guys are rational in considering the next government. The way it appears, you don't have a lot of options if you have to save Assam. Local parties have not succeeded much and Congress has been miserable with the whole demography thing.

On jobs front though, you as a state need to demand certain things outside Guwahati, Dibrugarh and Tinsukhia.
Sustainable farming and renewable energy seem to be the most pollution-free job creators for the rich and fertile land of Assam if you ask me.

I agree. Centuries of climate and terrain has made us different from the other fellow Indians living in the plains, coasts, deserts and plateaus.

If you can, try staying in Jodhpur for a few months with maybe a family friend during summers. :lol:

That puts all our race-related genes into serious jeopardy.

I have seen Rajasthani traders more comfortable in Sikkim than we guys managing over in their state.

The contest seems to be almost one sided if you guys are rational in considering the next government. The way it appears, you don't have a lot of options if you have to save Assam. Local parties have not succeeded much and Congress has been miserable with the whole demography thing.

On jobs front though, you as a state need to demand certain things outside Guwahati, Dibrugarh and Tinsukhia.
Sustainable farming and renewable energy seem to be the most pollution-free job creators for the rich and fertile land of Assam if you ask me.
Assam is a lahe laher dekh. :lol: Everything moves on a snail's pace here, add to that the laid back attitude of people.

Assam is a lahe laher dekh. :lol: Everything moves on a snail's pace here, add to that the laid back attitude of people.

Everyone here feels that their state move slowly. We may move a little faster because Sikkim has a policy of simply agreeing on all development policies that most central government makes as we are a himalayan state and have limited scope of whatever comes by except strategic interests. For this, I respect the decisions of our governing CM. Besides, your state might be a challenge because of its non-interest in the combined push under Naga CM to be heard as a region.

Just saying that you need a regime that looks beyond petty personal enmity unlike Congress.They are absolutely useless.

Presence of crude oil in Karbi Anglong confirmed

DIPHU, Feb 5 - Presence of crude oil in Karbi Anglong hill district has been confirmed by the Oil India Limited.

In this regard, senior officials of the Duliajan-based Navaratna company, Oil India Limited (OIL) have been taking stock of the situation here since the last two days.

Senior officials of the OIL led by Diponjoy Daulaguphu, Tridip Hazarika, Diganta Borah, Pallav Borgohain and MR Deuri met officials of Karbi Anglong Autonomous Council (KAAC) and the district administration on Thursday and apprised them about the availability of crude oil in the eastern part of Diphu, like Dilaji, Doldoli, Dhansiri, Rongapahar and Maisibailam areas.

They informed that earlier the aforementioned areas along with their hydrocarbon reserves had been detected and accordingly surveyed for their exact location.

Meanwhile, both KAAC and the district administration have assured to provide full support to the OIL team in the hydrocarbon extraction process as the drilling operations will subsequently help to boost the socio-economic condition of the district as a whole.

The OIL officials said that the extraction process will start after the ensuing State Assembly elections.

@PARIKRAMA @zootinali @Tshering22 @The_Sidewinder @debabratbarman

Presence of crude oil in Karbi Anglong confirmed

DIPHU, Feb 5 - Presence of crude oil in Karbi Anglong hill district has been confirmed by the Oil India Limited.

In this regard, senior officials of the Duliajan-based Navaratna company, Oil India Limited (OIL) have been taking stock of the situation here since the last two days.

Senior officials of the OIL led by Diponjoy Daulaguphu, Tridip Hazarika, Diganta Borah, Pallav Borgohain and MR Deuri met officials of Karbi Anglong Autonomous Council (KAAC) and the district administration on Thursday and apprised them about the availability of crude oil in the eastern part of Diphu, like Dilaji, Doldoli, Dhansiri, Rongapahar and Maisibailam areas.

They informed that earlier the aforementioned areas along with their hydrocarbon reserves had been detected and accordingly surveyed for their exact location.

Meanwhile, both KAAC and the district administration have assured to provide full support to the OIL team in the hydrocarbon extraction process as the drilling operations will subsequently help to boost the socio-economic condition of the district as a whole.

The OIL officials said that the extraction process will start after the ensuing State Assembly elections.

@PARIKRAMA @zootinali @Tshering22 @The_Sidewinder @debabratbarman
Would be a bit** extracting it from there. Karbi locals are not well known for their hospitality towards outsiders.

Back
Top Bottom