What's new

India, Pakistan Playing Dangerous Game in Indus Basin !

I am reading the Indus River water treaty and looking at the topographical map of Kashmir. I do not see how or where India can possibly divert the waters that are meant to flow into Pakistan
They can store the waters temporarily for hydroelectric power generation. I can see India generating 10-20 GW of cheap electricity.

Last edited:
I am reading the Indus River water treaty and looking at the topographical map of Kashmir. I do not where India can possibly divert the waters that are meant to flow into Pakistan
They can store the waters temporarily for hydroelectric power generation. I can see India generating 10-20 GW of cheap electricity.

It's the most recent dog-whistle being used by Pakistani junta to distract their population from the whole army and bankruptcy saga. They cant use Kashmir anymore as India already consolidated it and Pak could do nothing, hence the need to create another distraction.

Pakistani administration has initiated this step by refusing to hold regularly scheduled IWT meetings, and blaming India for following procedure as laid out in the treaty it signed as well.

There is no change, just regular course of business that has been followed for 70 odd years, Pakistanis just are happy to finally get someone else to blame for their own failures, again.

One hopes that New Delhi has not boxed itself into a dangerous corner.

I am reading the Indus River water treaty and looking at the topographical map of Kashmir. I do not see how or where India can possibly divert the waters that are meant to flow into Pakistan. They can store the waters temporarily for hydroelectric power generation. I can see India generating 10-20 GW of cheap electricity.

I ask all who laughing at my reply to become mature.
Please,I already say, my english is not good but i hoping you understand me.
I asked questions, if you can ,please answer them.

Along with the crisis posed by rivers and streams running dry, Pakistan's dangerously depleted groundwater levels have left most parts of the country parched. If present trends persist, the entire country may face “water scarcity” by 2025, states the PIDE report. Pakistanis are already feeling the effects.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom