What's new

NE India Corner

@halupridol @PARIKRAMA @zootinali

Guys any idea how Guwahati city's administration gonna raise funds for Smart City Project ? :D
Well actually Guwahati bcz of its unplanned expansion ATM don't deserve to be in smart cities program.

To have such a program, we first need solid steps to
  1. Define the city expansion plan
  2. The adjoining facilities upgradation
  3. Police security law n order
  4. Road transportation
  5. Market place upgradation
  6. Parking issues problem
  7. The garbage disposal issues
  8. The demarcation in roads with yellow lines for rickshaw pullers
  9. Etc etc
When we plan to urbamise our place we have to do many such steps. That serves as a base for development and attracting a country for sselecting Guwahati for smart city

As I understand that Assam comes in seismic active zone, it would be nice if the country does have some experience in planning for such natural disasters.

I suggest pick small nations like Malaysia which developed itself very well or go far east like Japan. The reason being Guwahati serves as a gateway to NE. It's a similar case for Kuala Lumpur which serves a gateway to all other provinces of Malaysia. The Japanese people have high experience in semi urban and rural development inside Japan and can help a lot for such a massive program.

If deep pockets is what you desire then Malaysia, Japan, perhaps Singapore will do.
In the west barring USA or Canada the other choices could have been France and Germany. But all these Four biggies like urban centers which are at least more developed than Guwahati.

Perhaps an outside chance lies with China. Helps them come close to Arunachal that way!!!

I may be harsh but u get almost everything in fancy bazaar but when a fire breaks out not even a fire extinguisher big trucks can enter market. Bcz its so narrow and close that any incident will trigger immediate disaster. So such hubs needs attention and upgradation

Look at zoo road a little rain all road filled up. Been hearing the outer Guwahati near beltola seems a much better place in terms of rain water issues.

Hearing the IAS colony nearby ensured at least some civic facilities in that area. Property prices been multiplying fast there..

If you go more further out like near the games village seems coal mafia is rampant all over....

Inner roads needs widening.. Hospitals don't have parking nor entry so you have to take long U turns. So no one planned anything there.

Gas pipeline all over is needed. Mast lights needed. Traffic policing needed.. What not..

Long list..

Well actually Guwahati bcz of its unplanned expansion ATM don't deserve to be in smart cities program.

To have such a program, we first need solid steps to
  1. Define the city expansion plan
  2. The adjoining facilities upgradation
  3. Police security law n order
  4. Road transportation
  5. Market place upgradation
  6. Parking issues problem
  7. The garbage disposal issues
  8. The demarcation in roads with yellow lines for rickshaw pullers
  9. Etc etc
When we plan to urbamise our place we have to do many such steps. That serves as a base for development and attracting a country for sselecting Guwahati for smart city

As I understand that Assam comes in seismic active zone, it would be nice if the country does have some experience in planning for such natural disasters.

I suggest pick small nations like Malaysia which developed itself very well or go far east like Japan. The reason being Guwahati serves as a gateway to NE. It's a similar case for Kuala Lumpur which serves a gateway to all other provinces of Malaysia. The Japanese people have high experience in semi urban and rural development inside Japan and can help a lot for such a massive program.

If deep pockets is what you desire then Malaysia, Japan, perhaps Singapore will do.
In the west barring USA or Canada the other choices could have been France and Germany. But all these Four biggies like urban centers which are at least more developed than Guwahati.

Perhaps an outside chance lies with China. Helps them come close to Arunachal that way!!!
I think Guwahati needs to partner up with other foreign city which has similar challenges of storm water drainage.

Very true. That's why we need someone who has deep pockets and seen such issues

But then guwahati has to entice and attract such foreign countries. Perhaps Malaysia bcz we have a sizeable mix of Hinduism and Islam followers. They might do it. But its a long shot..

funds r no issue,,central govt. will provide,,,othrwise,,gud'ol tried n tested formula--checkgate :D
Check post is an issue bro.. It fills up coffers of ppl but will not lead to actual development.

For real work we need partners who are like auditors and foreign country helps it better.

Look at Guwahati airport and compare it with Bangalore Hyderabad airports, Kolkata, Mumbai Delhi are even more further ahead..
Guwahati is so important and yet the airport is not upto mark. It's much better than before but due to lack of investments its not comparable to other places

funds r no issue,,central govt. will provide,,,othrwise,,gud'ol tried n tested formula--checkgate :D
I'm hearing ₹ 500 Crore from Centre and ₹ 500 Crore from State, means total ₹ 1000 Crore. But I'm doubtful State will have ₹ 500 Crore earmarked for it. Pretty much bankrupt state. CM Gogoi who was doling out rice at ₹3 per kg has now stopped it saying fund crunch. :lol:

Very true. That's why we need someone who has deep pockets and seen such issues

But then guwahati has to entice and attract such foreign countries. Perhaps Malaysia bcz we have a sizeable mix of Hinduism and Islam followers. They might do it. But its a long shot..

Check post is an issue bro.. It fills up coffers of ppl but will not lead to actual development.

For real work we need partners who are like auditors and foreign country helps it better.

Look at Guwahati airport and compare it with Bangalore Hyderabad airports, Kolkata, Mumbai Delhi are even more further ahead..
Guwahati is so important and yet the airport is not upto mark. It's much better than before but due to lack of investments its not comparable to other places

Currently the city administration will remain in quagmire. The municipal ward council is still dominated by Congress. Even if BJP comes to power in next state election, things will remain as it is. Reminds me of blame game being played in New Delhi now between AAP and BJP dominated SDMC regarding payment of salaries which are due.

I'm hearing ₹ 500 Crore from Centre and ₹ 500 Crore from State, means total ₹ 1000 Crore. But I'm doubtful State will have ₹ 500 Crore earmarked for it. Pretty much bankrupt state. CM Gogoi who was doling out rice at ₹3 per kg has now stopped it saying fund crunch. :lol:
as i am from assam (guwahati) i dont have much hope from Tarun gogoi.. he is kinda imbecile.. he will try to delay the project even if he becomes cm for another 5 years..

as i am from assam (guwahati) i dont have much hope from Tarun gogoi.. he is kinda imbecile.. he will try to delay the project even if he becomes cm for another 5 years..
That's true. The smart city project will also rely on GMC and current Guwahati's municipal council is still dominated by Congress. Let's hope for best though. Guwahati needs a new extension projects. Foreign consulates are also needed here.

Akhil gogoi andolan is expected against this issue too :lol:

Heard Guwahati BSNL ppl are creating network issues for Assam as BSNL ppl may be excluded from 7th pay commission based hikes.. Talk about how things are there in Assam :crazy:

And end result is ppl going mad as phones of BSNL are always not reachable :hitwall:

Akhil gogoi andolan is expected against this issue too :lol:

Heard Guwahati BSNL ppl are creating network issues for Assam as BSNL ppl may be excluded from 7th pay commission based hikes.. Talk about how things are there in Assam :crazy:

And end result is ppl going mad as phones of BSNL are always not reachable :hitwall:
Lol KMSS was meant for farmers. Now they are hijacking every protest. :lol:

I have no idea about this smart city thing .
All i want, atm , encroachment free ,broad footpaths to walk to my work place, tamul dookan , chatwala , sabji dookan , rooti-sobji dookan and mofo hawkers have made it their personal space ,not to mention uncovered drains every few 100 mtrs. People have to walk on the road, pushing cars and vehicles more and more to the center of roads .Proper garbage disposal system, the bhorolu -nala has become major embarrassment for every guwahatian ,does anyone even care? roads -good clean roads , free from rikshaw ,foul mouthed thelawalas -idiot cyclist and trekkers. Who even gave permission for these ugly machine to run on road?
All the surrounding hills ,free from encroachment . The hills around guwahati resemble one giant christmas tree at night. heavens know why the f**k electricity dept gave them connection. Few years ago when municipality send demolition team , KMSS made a huge scene . I hope that maggot Akhil Gogoi get run over by bus someday or mauled by a rhino
Proper drainage system and a proper solution to dispose of sewage ,dumping all that filth in bharulu is not the solution.
I don`t think except for small minority , anyone even care about these things .
If we get these thing sort out, city is smart enough for me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom