What's new

NE India Corner

@Abotani My friend, I have not heard from for a while. You maybe interested in this thread.

Guys...sometimes i wonder...why can not these Bollywood people cast people from NE as lead role and make a movie based on NE stories in our Bollywood...Some times i hate our system man...Bollywood..should promote different region of India rather than just cherry picking some Khans and Kapoors..

It won't sell.

@Abotani My friend, I have not heard from for a while. You maybe interested in this thread.

It won't sell.

I do not think so...If we can make a movie based on the stroies of the region..then why not it will sell...At least they should try it out..Or Gov should make some incentives for movie makers who can initiate such projects...

AGARTALA: Tripura will be the third internet gateway after Mumbai and Chennai with the inauguration of internet bandwidth likely to be in February next, said Chief General Manager of BSNL NE Circle I- Kamal Kumar Saxena.

“The laying of optical fibre cable in the Indian side to improve the internet connectivity in the entire NE states including Tripura is on the verge of completion. The BSNL employees are engaged with the work which is likely to be completed by January,” maintain the Chief General of BSNL.The BSNL had inked an agreement with BSCCL to provide internet bandwidth.

Union Minister for Communications and Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad laid the foundation stone for International Gateway during a programme in Agartala last year. The NE region including Tripura will get uninterrupted internet services as the connectivity from Cox’s Bazar will provide high speed internet connection.

The cost of the project is Rs. 1.91 crore with operational expenditure annually to the tune of around Rs. 7.2 crore. The state will be connected with 10 Giga byte bandwidth of transmission cable in Bangladesh.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi signed the bilateral agreement with Bangladesh to boost the telecom facilities in South East Asia on June 5.

Tripura to launch Internet bandwidth

I understand...then Gov should come up with some initiaves. or we need to find some ideas where we understand and know each other more...Like me, i would love to explore more and more about my own country people from NE region...We need to showcase the many good things we should feel proud of for different parts of India...I do not like the concept when nationhood is just gets limited to some specific variety....

Give it some time bhai , let economy of the region improve a bit , govt. can only do so much, unless private investments are made and demand for local content increases. Few local T.V channels have come up in last few years and you tube already have huge cache of popular music videos and other local contents.

BTW on topic , check these videos..

and

you can watch the rest of the episodes featuring other states on youtube , all of them very nicely done.

Last edited:
they should make a movie on Battle of sariaghat and play the main character has Lachit Borphukan , it will be a epic david Vs goliath war movie.

Indeed ,sometimes this kind of thoughts comes to my mind too.:D
The entire setting should be like that of the movie The 13th warrior. Throw in few naga headhunters or really wild kacharis , allied with ahoms, fighting against the disciplined and civilized army of the north and defeating them in a rained soaked, swampy battlefields .Must include some naval fighting too.:lol:

Battle Of Saraighat
Ahom-Mughal Conflict

Last edited:
they should make a movie on Battle of sariaghat and play the main character has Lachit Borphukan , it will be a epic david Vs goliath war movie.

Battle of Saraighat is so significant in history, yet ignored many a times in history books. At a time when majority of sub-continent was falling towards Mughal rule, the Ahoms successfully defended against Mughals !! People, including the scriptwriters will only take note of it if it features in NCERT textbooks. I didn't come across a single piece of history note from NE during my school days. I hope CBSE changes the curriculum !

[QUOTE="Kaniska, post: 8103430, member: 38462"] Just wondering what can be a better way to showcase our NE brothers and sisters to every one...[/QUOTE]
You don't need to wonder...try travelling with anyone (specially a female) with an Asian face in India.

How the cold out there in NE. Hearing temperature is dropping good.. It's pretty cold with fog all over ..that's what all say on phone..

How the cold out there in NE. Hearing temperature is dropping good.. It's pretty cold with fog all over ..that's what all say on phone..

Very nice weather today, day time temp. was around 10-20. deg.C. in guwahati. Hilly states are recording temp. in single digits though.

Last edited:

Way too cold bro. Having a foggy morning. Weather reports suggest winter's gonna stay longer this time due to its late arrival.

Back
Top Bottom