What's new

My Best Friend and Classmate Capt. Akash Rabbani Is Shaheed

But the question still remains, Aakash is a Hindi word and more related to subcontinental history. If its bout islamic relation and Quranic relevance, Aakash isnt the word u will ever find as Quranic references are all from Central asia and Mid east.

Now again, just like our martyred Captain, name Aakash has other reasons than Islamic. His ancestors liked da name when in Bangladesh and hence named it. It has nothing to do with Quranic relevance. U will find the word AASMAN but not AAKASH in Islamic scriptures.
I don't know is Assman is Arabic or part of the Islamic scriptures. But with my limited knowledge, I know that you are not barred by any cultural or language barrier to name your kids. Not every name has to be Quranic or anything. Not every name in the West is John, Michael, Jesus, etc, etc. Islam isn't something weird of abnormal. It's got a similar pattern compared to Christianity and Judaism. Some people who follow it and became religions teachers weren't educated enough for the job and thus, the religion's meaning changed and now we see some extreme fractions of Islam like Talibans, etc. But in its true meaning, it like any other religion where Akash or Sunder, or Choriwala or Sona etc are allowed (I know people with these names and they have nothing to do with Quranic names or values)

His father heard Akash name in Bangladesh and liked it, so he named his son Akash.

RIP to Captain. Akash, may you rest in a better place and may your nation always appreciate the biggest sacrifice you've made for them so they can live freely and without terrorism.

capture2.jpg

OK. I think its coz Sindh has maximum Hindus of Pakistan. But again, I am not trying to force anything. Just out of curiosity. Never heard the name Aakash among Indian muslims who live with majority Hindus, never expected it out of Pakistan.

Nonetheless, Great feat achieved by da martyr. RIP.

Yes, he had a Unique name. The word "Aakash" is basically a hindi word but that doesn't mean he can't have this name just because he was a Muslim by birth. Totally depend on one's parents what they prefer to name their child keeping the Islamic context in mind and theory. Just like the Names Sameer or Samir / Jasmine or Yasmeen or Jasmeen / Kamal or Kamaal can also be found among Muslims and Non-Muslims.

Let alone the Sub-continent, If you happen to take a brief look on Malaysian / Indonesian / Albanian / Salvic / Chinese n many more Muslim names, they will be having their first or last names totally unheard or will be having an influence of their native land or ancestors. Many converts in present day would prefer sticking it to their original names and would prefer their Islamic names "mentioned'' in documents just for the sake of references.

It's not "compulsory" to have a Hard-Core Islamic name to be a Muslim as long as it doesn't contradict Islamic History or meanings somewhere. Its a matter of Choice and nothing else.

I hope it'll end your curiosity.

They are the ones who create security in minds of people.
They are the ones who create fear in the enemies.
They are the ones who protect the land with their blood.
They are the ones who who no not know what fear is.
They are the ones who surprise the heavens with their bravery.
They are the ones who death looks forward to meeting.
They are the ones who give hope when there is none.
They are the ones who care not abt themselves.
Who are they? you ask friend.
Why they are the martyrs. Sons of the motherland.

May ALLAH GRANT HIM A PLACE IN JANNAT AND MAY HE GIVE YOU AND HIS FAMILY THE PATIENCE TO DEAL WITH THIS LOSS.

He stood for all that is true and all that is right. He stood for his motherland and all of us fighting deranged monsters.I salute you guardian and tell you that we will remember you, this land will remember you and the Name "PAKISTAN" Will stand by you at the day of judgement and will give account of your bravery and sacrifice.

i was wrong. He is not the only one died. from july 15 to july 16 10x soldiers are dead and 11x taliban are killed(not including those killed in airstrikes). This includes SSG NCOs/jawans as well of Akash's platoon. The taliban have put 12.7mm snipers for nothing in the ruins of those ghost towns.

Thanks to the Taliban "sympathizers" and pro-talks. It gave the terrorists time to plan ahead for an operation and be ready. Aakash' death is essentially on their hands.

Wow. here is also the same spirit

Salute u all guys who are eliminating the talibans.

Last edited:
Sanskrit for Sky is NABH.

Aakash is in Hindi.
How many Aakash name do u have for Pakistani muslims? Do answer this.
not many but we do even have people called Serosh as well

also i will like to know how Nawaz sherif is a "Muslim" name?

its all irrelevant anyway and lets not press on it.

"Truly! To Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return."inna lillahi wa innâ ilay-hi raji'oon"

What an honorable way to Go I salute the fallen soldier.

Back
Top Bottom