My Best Friend and Classmate Capt. Akash Rabbani Is Shaheed

Official Statement by ISPR

ISPR Official

Press Release
No PR162/2014-ISPR Dated: July 15, 2014
Rawalpindi - July 15, 2014:
UPDATE - OPERATION ZARB - E- AZB
15 JULY 2014
In an intense exchange of fire with terrorists in and around Mirali, 2 x soldiers including an officer Capt Akash Rabbani embraced Shahadat and 2 x soldiers were injured this evening. 4 x terrorists were killed in the exchange of fire. It may be recalled that 3 x soldiers embraced Shahadat in Mirali during day and 7 x terrorists were killed. Today a total of 5 x soldiers have embraced Shahadat in Mirali and 11x Terrorists were killed.
-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-
File Photo of Capt Akash Rabbani from Special Service Group

@WebMaster@Aeronaut
Need to have this clarification of us NOT being part of facebook but an independent entity. Some potential for exposure here even if it seems insensitive at this time and locale.
relax, im not complaining anything from u. I know myself how to assess the situation.

Nawaz, army chief discuss progress of N Waziristan operation
By Dawn.com | Mateen Haider
Updated about 12 hours ago
7 Comments
Print
PESHAWAR: Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif met with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and briefed him over the ongoing Zarb-i-Azb operation, as the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) on Wednesday said airstrikes killed 35 suspected militants in North Waziristan tribal region. The death toll, however, could not be independently verified.

During the meeting, army chief General Raheel Sharif briefed the prime minister regarding details of the targets achieved, areas cleared and number of militants killed and arrested during the military operation.

Premier Sharif said that the the government would not rest until the return and rehabilitation of internally displaced persons (IDPs) and all resources would be made available in this regard.

He commended the efforts of the military in the North Waziristan operation and paid tribute to soldiers who had sacrificed their

PESHAWAR: Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif met with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and briefed him over the ongoing Zarb-i-Azb operation, as the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) on Wednesday said airstrikes killed 35 suspected militants in North Waziristan tribal region. The death toll, however, could not be independently verified.

During the meeting, army chief General Raheel Sharif briefed the prime minister regarding details of the targets achieved, areas cleared and number of militants killed and arrested during the military operation.

Premier Sharif said that the the government would not rest until the return and rehabilitation of internally displaced persons (IDPs) and all resources would be made available in this regard.

He commended the efforts of the military in the North Waziristan operation and paid tribute to soldiers who had sacrificed their lives in the line of duty.

The prime minister added that the military was fighting the war for the country's future, stability and peace and all their requirements would be fulfilled.

Fresh Waziristan blitz
The fresh air strikes occurred in Shawal area of North Waziristan region which is located at the border of North and South Waziristan and considered to be hub of terrorists.

"Today, early morning at least 35 fleeing terrorists were killed through aerial strikes in Shawal valley", a spokesman for ISPR said.

On the other hand security forces are making quick movements in Mir Ali area in order to completely eliminate terrorists sanctuaries and hideouts, to clear it from militants. However, they are facing stiff resistance from hiding militants. More air strikes are expected in Mir Ali area against the militants.

Moreover, at least four terrorists were killed while two soldiers embraced martyrdom in an exchange of fire which took place when the militants were trying to escape the attack.

One of the martyred soldiers included officer Capt Akash Rabbani.

Two other soldiers were injured during the firing in the area.

Sources said militants are using huge cache of arms and ammunition.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif paid a tribute to the martyred captain and said the nation is proud of Captain Akash Rabbani and his associates.

"Free and peaceful Pakistan will always remember the sacrifices of captain Akash and his comrades," PM said in a short statement issued early morning today.

"They have sacrificed their present for our future," Nawaz Sharif remarked.

The military operation named Zarb-i-Azb was launched by the Pakistan Army on June 15 following a brazen Taliban-claimed attack on Karachi's international airport and failure of peace talks between government and Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan negotiators.

About 900,000 persons from North Waziristan tribal region have been displaced so far in the wake of the operation, according to figures released by the Fata Disaster Management Authority (FDMA).

Last edited:
being an SSG personnel and an officer too thats a great trophy for the taliban and their supporters must be boasting that kill over the social media.
their facebook pages are full with praise for taliban and taunting Pakistan army with the pictures of its dead people
i was wrong. He is not the only one died. from july 15 to july 16 10x soldiers are dead and 11x taliban are killed(not including those killed in airstrikes). This includes SSG NCOs/jawans as well of Akash's platoon. The taliban have put 12.7mm snipers for nothing in the ruins of those ghost towns.

Last edited:
look at the comment of the Asim Shehzad..... that how he was....Proud of Him.......
yes he was a man of wonderful nature since his early days.

Musharraf pays tribute to army captain Akash

Ex-president says army to eliminate terrorism, extremism from Pakistan.

July 16, 2014, 7:05 pm

musharraf-pays-tribute-to-army-captain-akash-1405519484-4451.jpg

LAHORE – Former president Pervez Musharraf on Wednesday paid tribute to Pakistan Army captain Akash Rabbani who embraced martyrdom while fighting terrorists in Miranshah area of the North Waziristan tribal agency as part of Zarb-e-Azb military operation.

“I salute Captain Akash Rabbani and all our brave soldiers who have embraced martyrdom in protecting and defending Pakistan,” the former president wrote on his popular Facebook page. “We are fighting a vicious enemy that had begun to threaten our very existence,” he wrote.

“I know the armed forces will not relent and will not hesitate to continue laying down their lives to eliminate terrorism and extremism from Pakistan,” Musharraf said. “I am proud of them and I pray for their success,” he said.

Musharraf pays tribute to army captain Akash

Last edited:
إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

May Allah reward him with Jannat-ul-Firdaus.

@Umair Nawaz

Allah aap kai dost ki Shahadat aap kai aur un kai Khandan kai liay Mubarak karay. :)

why does the army take such heavy casualties, they seem better equipped then they did in previous years but casualties remain high.

Dont get me wrong but I thot that as per his name he was a Hindu. But seeing his janaza meant, I was wrong.

How did a muslim guy have name Aakash which is a Hindu word?

None the less, revisited the old days on Kargil where 25 odd yr old guyz embraced martydom.

Its always a shame to see young blood lost for bullshit reasons. Down with Taliban.

How come aakash is a hindu word? It's a sanskrit word meaning Sky.

How come aakash is a hindu word? It's a sanskrit word meaning Sky.
Sanskrit for Sky is NABH.

Aakash is in Hindi.
How many Aakash name do u have for Pakistani muslims? Do answer this.

i was wrong. He is not the only one died. from july 15 to july 16 10x soldiers are dead and 11x taliban are killed(not including those killed in airstrikes). This includes SSG NCOs/jawans as well of Akash's platoon. The taliban have put 12.7mm snipers for nothing in the ruins of those ghost towns.
do you think the pak army is hiding the number of our guys getting KIA. I don't get why were suffering so many casualties, the army is well trained and well armed and has previous experience dealing with this stuff. Its kind of heart breaking.

do you think the pak army is hiding the number of our guys getting KIA. I don't get why were suffering so many casualties, the army is well trained and well armed and has previous experience dealing with this stuff. Its kind of heart breaking.

nobody is hiding nothing.......see the official ISPR statement i shared in this thread about Capt. Akash Rabbani.

Back
Top Bottom