What's new

Mother tongue first

i think he is wrong,my friend from chennai told me that hindi is there in cbse,but not in TN board..

There are various boards in TN - not just TN state board - Anglo-Indian board, Matriculation board are couple of them - they offer Hindi as second language instead of Tamil.

Are Pahari People very good at paintings?

yes they are. They are majestic craftsmen as well. And they are majestic folk singers! In Pakistan, the Pahari people are the natives of these districts in Kashmir.

1) Mirpur
2) Kotli
3) Poonch
4) Bagh

and within northern Punjab in Rawalpindi. The Pahari language is close to Dogri of Jammu.

What (language) Quran is used in Pakistan?
Arabic?

In Malaysia the language of Quran is Javi/Malaysian.

i think he is wrong,my friend from chennai told me that hindi is there in cbse,but not in TN board..

See we have many boards -

State board, Matriculation, CBSE or Anglo Indian till 10th standard and Tamil Nadu state board or CBSE for 11th and 12th.

In this Hindi is offered in matriculation, CBSE and anglo-indian as optional language.

Also in TN state board for 11th and 12th there are three choices - Tamil, Sanskrit or French. No Hindi here.

What (language) Quran is used in Pakistan?
Arabic?

In Malaysia the language of Quran is Javi/Malaysian.

In Pakistan, the Qur'an al Kareem is published in Arabic. Its tafaseer (exegeses) and translations are in the Urdu language (most widespread include by Imam Ahmad Rida Khan, and ashraf ali and some other reformists from india). Then come those in other languages including in English.

It is obligatory to recite the Qur'an in Arabic in the 5 daily prayers in the Hanafi School of Jurisprudence (followed by Sunnis in Pakistan)

In Malaysia, the Sunni population is Shafi'i in School of Jurisprudence. In that School, it is also obligatory to read the Qur'an in Arabic in Prayer. After all, reading one letter in Arabic is a matter of earning Thawab (for good deed to be recorded on the Day of Judgement in your book of deeds, that is, recorded by the angels on your shoulders)

Transliterations are usually frowned upon as a result, and are very uncommon.

Arre you know, just for the sake of semantics.
The semantics itself kept the country boiling for decades. I am just warning about how many people will get p!$$ed off when you say that. Why are people(secular Hindus included) hurt when someone calls India a Hindu state?

In Pakistan, the Qur'an al Kareem is published in Arabic. Its tafaseer (exegeses) and translations are in the Urdu language (most widespread include by Imam Ahmad Rida Khan, and ashraf ali and some other reformists from india). Then come those in other languages including in English.

It is obligatory to recite the Qur'an in Arabic in the 5 daily prayers in the Hanafi School of Jurisprudence (followed by 98% of Sunnis in Pakistan)

In Malaysia, the Sunni population is Shafi'i in School of Jurisprudence. In that School, it is also obligatory to read the Qur'an in Arabic in Prayer. After all, reading one letter in Arabic is a matter of earning Thawab (for good deed to be recorded on the Day of Judgement in your book of deeds, that is, recorded by the angels on your shoulders)

Transliterations are usually frowned upon as a result, and are very uncommon.

Away from GCC, only 5% people who speak Arabic, so what would they know about there own holy Quran, talking about Pakistan?

Away from GCC, only 5% people who speak Arabic, so what would they know about there own holy Quran, talking about Pakistan?

All Muslims study Arabic at some point in their lives. Its the language of Heaven and our Prophet alaihissalam.

In Malaysia (and Kerala, Tamil Nadu ) Islam was brought by Hadrami Arabs from Yemen.

The Malaysian government sends 600 students to one school alone in Tarim (Yemen), and the prime ministers themselves make visits there to see how well they are doing.

Malaysia has extremely strong links with Sunni Muslim scholarship in Arabia.

No prob in teaching kids in their mothertongue but i think it is wrong to say that kids are effected if they are not educated in their mt lang. In US ppl have diff mt languages but the only lang used is English, same for Canada, UK etc.

Thats why I attached the emotion after it ! :blink:

Joke kii taaang tooor diyaa karooo tum loggg ! :disagree:

No...no one's agitating for or against it - We're alright with the way things are, except some of the smaller ethno-nationalist parties but they can't even get a few seats in their Provinces of target, never mind actually forming a Government therein, to do anything really - So its not that high on our priority right now !

Besides most of us teach their languages to their posterity so it doesn't really bother us that much whether the Government does or does not do something - Better Security, Economic Development & the Equitable Distribution of Resources are usually the topics we're bothered about.

And then there are those who cry 'loss of identity' whenever we - the Others - who've switched to other languages don't really like the idea of conforming to their notion of what a Pukhtoon, a Sindhi or a Punjabi is ! Naturally we ask them - Didn't Pashto, Punjabi or Sindhi grow out of other languages ? Won't they, too, grow into some other languages ? As is the case of every language out there ! If yes & one would be living under the rock to not know this progression, then why have a hissy fit when someone, over time or even otherwise, decides to switch to some other language ? Therefore, in my books, a Pukhtoon who speaks Urdu, Saraiki or Hindko (such are many) is no less or no more a Pukhtoon than the one who speaks Pashto as their mother-tongue !

Armstrong i respectfully disagree. punjabis were fine with accepting urdu as official language because of how closely related they are. you can basically teach both alongside without much trouble. and a pashtun has every right to define themselves based on culture or language. pashto should at least be official language in khyber/FATA, but i would support giving official language status to balochi, sindhi, punjabi along with urdu at the national level, as well at provincial level in their respective provinces. you cannot separate the people from their language, it is something very dear to them. all the scaremongering and fear is misplaced, it would bring communities closer together in the end when they feel their heritage is protected. you would be a much prouder Pakistani knowing that the state protects your right to officially teach in mother tongue and express your culture, than if the state imposed restrictions on the same.

the only question remains the one official medium to communicate across the country when everyone is versed in their own languages. this can be properly planned and sorted out. having both English and Arabic as you stated are good options. other options could be explored, but at least we can agree that granting communities their cultural/linguistic freedoms at official level is a step in the right direction which must never be reneged or regressed from.

Armstrong i respectfully disagree. punjabis were fine with accepting urdu as official language because of how closely related they are. you can basically teach both alongside without much trouble. and a pashtun has every right to define themselves based on culture or language. pashto should at least be official language in khyber/FATA, but i would support giving official language status to balochi, sindhi, punjabi along with urdu at the national level, as well at provincial level in their respective provinces. you cannot separate the people from their language, it is something very dear to them. all the scaremongering and fear is misplaced, it would bring communities closer together in the end when they feel their heritage is protected. you would be a much prouder Pakistani knowing that the state protects your right to officially teach in mother tongue and express your culture, than if the state imposed restrictions on the same.

the only question remains the one official medium to communicate across the country when everyone is versed in their own languages. this can be properly planned and sorted out. having both English and Arabic as you stated are good options. other options could be explored, but at least we can agree that granting communities their cultural/linguistic freedoms at official level is a step in the right direction which must never be reneged or regressed from.

Tou mein kiyaa Farsi boliii thiii ! :blink:

I simply said that the logic presented by certain ethno-nationalist that a Hindko, Saraiki or Urdu speaking Pukhtoon is less of a Pukhtoon than a Pashto speaking Pukhtoon is beyond faulty because all languages evolved from something before them & this impermanenency is what makes it a 'choice' & something ever evolving !

P.S Punjabi & Urdu aren't interchangeable - We don't feel the difference because we've been speaking both for quite some time; therefore we don't feel the need to point out that 'kar raheii' & 'karan deii' or 'Kardeii paiii' are quite different to a non-native speaker ! Woh tou abbb hamariii zubaaan pe char giyaaa haiii isss liyyee hamein koii khaaas farq nahin mehsooos hotaaa !

Punjabi and Urdu same, are you joking. they are quite different.

Back
Top Bottom