What's new

Mother tongue first

A TN friend studied Hindi in primary school along with Tamil and English. That was TN board.

Waaaat ? Are you sure..TN never had a three language policy afaik..it was always either Tamil/English or Hindi/English..:what:

Waaaat ? Are you sure..TN never had a three language policy afaik..it was always either Tamil/English or Hindi/English..:what:

Don't know the type of school, he discontinued it after primary school.

i think he is wrong,my friend from chennai told me that hindi is there in cbse,but not in TN board..

Learning Arabic to understand the Quran in its original form?

BTW, I understand that the Arabic of today is quite different from the "classical Arabic" of Quran and that even the current native Arabs can't understand Quran fully.

Is that true?

BTW, I understand that the Arabic of today is quite different from the "classical Arabic" of Quran and that even the current native Arabs can't understand Quran fully.

Is that true?

Depends how deeply one wants to "understand" the Quran. There is the scholar, and then there's the ordinary person.

Sarcasm ki zarorat?
It was not sarcasm, it was a racist comment. Kia pashtun ka religous-ness juram ho gaya he?

Given your difficulties with the concept of sarcasm, I won't waste time explaining.

Is that true?

no thats not true

Punjabi in Pakistan is divided into different regional dialects, many of which are on the verge of being separate languages

1) pahari

2) hindko

3) seraiki

What India teaches (say!) all the subjects in Tamil in Tamil Nadu or something similar in some other State upto a certain level ? :what:

English was the language of teaching when I went through school. So that's a first language.
Hindi was a compulsory language to study, but, was not the medium of education.
Marathi was the third language, since I studied in Mahrashtra.

From the 5th to 7th we had a Tamil, Malayalam and Higher Marathi to chose from.
From the 8th standard to 10th standard, we had an option of dropping Marathi and studying Sanskrit, Tamil, Malayalam.

So typically we ended up learning at-least 3 languages. Besides all this, we had weekend classes for learning our mother tongue. 4 hours a day or something. Now, these weekend classes did not count towards any exams.

Punjabi in Pakistan is divided into different regional dialects, many of which are on the verge of being separate languages

1) pahari

2) hindko

3) seraiki

Are Pahari People very good at paintings?

Back
Top Bottom