What's new

Make women observe 'pardha': JuD chief (PROBABLE MISQUOTE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that why the number of rapes occur in Islamic countries are nowhere near to the number of such cases in the other countries?

Keep in mind the level of social and legal protection across the "Islamic countries". What percentage of cases are reported in Pakistan? I'd say less than one fifth. Saudi Arabia punished a gang rape victim for "publicizing" her plight (does it seem to be the same case as Mukhtaran Mai, our dictator used the same words although Mukhtaran didn't get lashed for being in an unrelated man's car).

I expect better than the usual look-at-west-women-get-raped argument. It is a hopeless argument that always involves unnecessary religious commentary hence I will avoid it further.

I do not agree with you that Pakistani women are any less freer than the women in Iran and Turkey. When I was working in AKU, I happened to have colleagues from Turkey and Iran and they always described Karachi and other major cities of Pakistan comparable in the social setup of the major cities of Iran and Turkey. Now you may be right in the case of societal norms of the rural areas but than it is also more or less similar among various Muslim countries.

Urban areas obviously allow a greater degree of freedom, much much greater in affluent and upper middle class neighbourhoods. Turkey and Iran do not suffer from feudalistic problems as big as ours nor does the rural population indulge in honour killing or karo karis as in our case. That was my point.

In surah Al-Ahzaab, surah Al-Noor, and surah Al-Nisaa, Allah says otherwise and I will follow Allah not you.

I did not say anything that was contradictory to religion. Feel free to interpret my words. I haven't made a religious statement.

This has nothing to do with Mullah but the prevailing feudal system, rampant corruption, and social injustice and none of these were ever advocated by Islam.

I have mentioned social evils as the problem, many of which are justified in the name of religion by barbarians. I never blamed any religion or label it as a perpetrator of crimes.

@ Spraklingway

[/QUOTE]"Co-ed schools also do a poor job of protecting girls from sexual harassment. In "Hostile Hallways," a study by the American Association of University Women, 85% of middle and high school girls reported sexual harassment at school. The most common complaints in this study where inappropriate jokes, looks, or gestures.

While much of this verbal sexual harassment goes on right in front of teachers, the second most common complaints happen in the hallways. In the hall, for instance, crowds of boys do not move aside to let girls pass. Instead, the girls are forced to move in between boys who touch, grab, pinch, or rub up against them on their way to class. As a result, these girls were afraid while at school and less confident about themselves."[/QUOTE]

rest of article is here:

Teen Girl Issues - Harassment and Bias in the Classroom

@ EMO it seems that someone has a very big decease of MULLAHPHOBIA.......
ANYONE who is following or trying to follow islam is a MULLAH????

I agree with Qsaark - It is clearly mentioned in Surah Ahzab

of course that will be safest place on earth - but first Islamic Law has to be enforced....... warna koi faida nai

how long does that take?

One thing that we all have to realize. Whether we like it or not. It doesn't matter. What matters is teachings of Quran and Prophet Mumammad(SAW). And what Hafiz Saeed has said is according to the teachings of Quran and Prophet(SAW). And if it is according to Quran and Sunnah then one should have no gall to question it. If Hafiz Saeed would be against Quran and Sunnah I would be the first to reject it.

If you don't like it, get somewhere else. We can't accept this extremism.

I am wondering how I can save my country from two extremes. Emogirl and TTP.

:confused:

I am wondering how I can save my country from two extremes. Emogirl and TTP.

:confused:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Joke of the day

I don't see the reason why we are debating here. Pardah is encouraged as per the Qur'an and Hadeeth. JuD just repeated the teachings of Islam thats all - Nobody is even objecting on Pardah - then what are we discussing here?

I agree with Qsaark - It is clearly mentioned in Surah Ahzab

of course that will be safest place on earth - but first Islamic Law has to be enforced....... warna koi faida nai

millions of people have lost their lives trying to do what u r saying...and lots have lost their lives trying to resist what u r saying....at this very point the very cause becomes questionable....and the big question is...."Whats the point???"

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Joke of the day

I don't see the reason why we are debating here. Pardah is encouraged as per the Qur'an and Hadeeth. JuD just repeated the teachings of Islam thats all - Nobody is even objecting on Pardah - then what are we discussing here?
Hi
some of the people don't want to adhere to certain Islamic principles & rules of conduct & for that matter they aim all their frustration at Islamic religious scholars, that is why we have been debating for hours now

millions of people have lost their lives trying to do what u r saying...and lots have lost their lives trying to resist what u r saying....at this very point the very cause becomes questionable....and the big question is...."Whats the point???"

There is a difference between the extremist version of Shariah of TTP, and the tolerant true version of Islam that our prophet (pbuh) practiced!

The prophet (pbuh) told us to seek knowledge wherever we can find it, even if we have to travel to China, but TTP destroy schools!

@ EMO it seems that someone has a very big decease of MULLAHPHOBIA.......
ANYONE who is following or trying to follow islam is a MULLAH????

Jitnay Mounh utni baten --- Islam has become a "Self imposed Curse & shame" for Many so called Muslims.

Mullah's are bad but they are the ones who have Kept Islam and Quran in its Original shape.

We dont need to follow Mullahs but we do need to follow what Islam preaches , they are those who just tell us what is right and what is wrong so at the end of the day the choice is ours.

Dont Listen to Mullah but Listen to Quran directly which says that a women has to be coverd because she is the priveleged one in many cases and who wont agree with Quran directly just because it wont "Fit" her Lifestyle then God help those , they are way more perveted than Mullahs.

Hijab is a Right not a punishment , West has a disease of telling others what to do but their own societies are the most darkest ones if they accept it or not it doesn't matter because they are too busy telling us what is right or wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom