What's new

Make women observe 'pardha': JuD chief (PROBABLE MISQUOTE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know that purdah was not a culture of our society in a strict sense. Even the Pashtuns who are very religious did not observe purdah the way they do now. And nothing happened. but the islamization project started by Zia and before and after him by mullahs who wanted to turn pakistan into their so called pure land of islam and sharia brought this change.

even ninja burkas copied from saudi arabia became common. the form of islam that has taken shape in pakistan requires implementation by force. people now are not tolerant of other people's viewpoints and want to impose their version. it is happening all over pakistan.

let me admit that its spreading with great speed and if people and mullas are not stopped they will turn pakistan into another saudi arabia or worse.

i can see in pdf that most of the members are the product of zia project.
its hard to argue with those guys who have fixed beliefs and nurtured under the political strategy of a regime.

most members are expatriates, they enjoy the opportunities and liberties abroad but they want their homeland to be some kind of pure land of islam.

purdah or no purdah is not a big issue. the issue is they wont stop at that. they would try to interfere in our lives under the guise of islam.

A great number of people in pakistan are Taliban in one way or the other And it will remain so....if the new regime wants to change it, it will take another generation.

regards

Absolutely not! Those who harass women are coward by nature (hence the need to harass someone physically and mentally weaker), and the slightest sign of a bold woman ready to fight back by all means will make him go for someone else.

For someone who harasses, it is never about what a woman looks like. It is only about harassing someone weaker (preferably sexually to prove his masculinity to himself).

A girl confidently walking down the street in a conservative country wearing a sleeveless outfit like that is clearly demonstrating her defiance. Such confidence is more than enough to give the teasers second thoughts before they approach her.

Also a point to be noticed is that the rapes are not happening in streets. It is a well known fact if you search the case files that most rapists know their victims.

You cant just rape or molest a girl in street who is dressed modern. If that happens its a criminal offence or lack of justice.

The western statistics are bigger since their law allows even a wife can make a complaint of rape or forced sex against her husband and its treated as a rape/rape attempt and hence the cases are huge since they have a bigger number of divorce cases but its not the case of India and Pakistan.

Last edited:
I ain't insulting any one, if all theists tend to be too sensitive & don't like any one to question their old testaments, then its not my problem

So your calling the Quran "old testament"?

Lol, try coming up with something beautiful and noble like the Holy Quran and you will fail miserably.

So your calling the Quran "old testament"?

Lol, try coming up with something beautiful and noble like the Holy Quran and you will fail miserably.

Relax my friend.

Will they not ponder the Qur'an? If it had been from other than Allah, they would have found many inconsistencies in it. (An-Nisaa’ 4: 82)

If you have doubts about what We have sent down to Our servant, produce another surah equal to it, and call your witnesses, besides Allah, if you are telling the truth. If you do not do that – and you will not do it – then fear the Fire whose fuel is people and stones, made ready for the unbelievers. ] (Al-Baqarah 2: 23-24)

[Say: “If both humanity and jinn banded together to produce the like of this Qur'an, they could never produce anything like it, even if they backed each other up.” ] (Al-Israa’ 17: 88)

Surah al Noor about Veil.

Al-Noor

And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms,) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islâm), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allâh to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful[] (31)

Surah al Noor about Veil.

There is a different interpretation too where faces are excluded. the thing is these verses can be differently interpreted and nobody can claim that their one is the exact what the God wanted to say. plus it doesnt say enforce it on women but tell them. there is a difference in both.
thanks for sharing.

After reading so many different and interesting views on temptations of guys and need for burka for women, I thought I too would add my view in here.

(Thank you luftwaffe, for providing this picture to the forum)

Let's say this picture is of a street in Pakistan and on the same street there's also a lecherous guy tempted to harass a woman. Which one of these would he chose to be his prey?

I don't know what all of you think, but certainly it will not be the girl wearing a sleeveless outfit, because if she is bold enough to walk down the street dressed like that, then chances are good that she is also bold enough to report him to the police, and not care what others think.

I have seen it in India too, the girls wearing Salwar Kameej are teased more often/frequently than those wearing jeans or any modern outfit... and you know why!

well bushy this is your PERSONAL OPINION! In india & pakistan women dressed in modern attire are stred at by maybe not you but the less educated & lower class of society. however, a woman dressed in cultural & traditional dress is less stared at! if you disagree please prov me wrong with a link where it says girls in shalwar kameez ae "teased more" than modern girls!
:coffee:

Errr it is obvious theres not going to be any Hafiz Saeed related discussions here. So closing the thread. We are not here to judge what Islam says and doesn't. In Pakistan we want all the people to be free to choose however they want to dress, especially women and that is not even the topic of this thread.

Hafiz Saeed was probably misquoted here, he said "Tell the Europeans about how important the hijab is to us" and the Indian media subverted his comments.

Poor journalism, poor forum conduct. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom