What's new

LUMS: Afghanistan Scholarship Program - Shameful - the could have gone to poor Bihari Pakistanis

pak govt should talk to UNHCR .. if afganistan stabilizes they will go on their own. Can we stop talking about immigrants vs locals..and villify immigrants. its a bit uncomfortable considering UK situation.

Nah man. No more delays. We have been there and tried that before. They should leave. The UNHCR and HRW are all minions. We don't want to deal with these organizations any more. We have been hearing such lies for decades now.

Dude, if you're happy to take Afghan refugees, by all means host them. Don't tell me anything about immigrants. Just do your bit instead of cheap talking.

ja ja sir na kha.

I gave you two specific question ... which you don't have the balls to answer.

parna likh na tha ... unpar

:lol: mujhe empty sar khanay ka shok nahi ha uncle

and NO you did not give any question.

i replied all your rhetoric if you can read then go back and read with open eyes if you are an unparh well i cant help you

:lol: mujhe empty sar khanay ka shok nahi ha uncle

and NO you did not give any question.

i replied all your rhetoric if you can read then go back and read with open eyes if you are an unparh well i cant help you

oh come yaar -- have some guts there are two question and reply to them -- straight forwards -- not very educated are you?

I think Mods should take notice of individuals editing thread headlines with their personal choice of words. Its like they are forcing everyone to read what they believe or like.

yeah but why do the Afghan come to Pakistan in droves and hate us!!!!

Not one word of thank you.

We should take a page out of India's playbook -- talk of brotherhood and long cultural ties but hold them at an arms length.

they come here because you have a weak rather had been having weak GOVERNMENTS ;) who didnt have the balls to take out a page from India's playbook

they come here because you have a weak rather had been having weak GOVERNMENTS ;) who didnt have the balls to take out a page from India's playbook

Very true. Time has come to take a firm and difficult stand. It is our failure to say that enough is enough. It's never too late though. Repatriate the Afghans gracefully. They need to go to their real home. No regrets, hard feelings and hate. I hope they find luck and prosperity at home. It's just that enough is enough. They do need to go.

Last edited:

So are you saying they should not be here
... come on yar adopt your earlier position please!
... it's been a while since I was in the ring ... old age is a curse ... I enjoy a good fight

This is decades worth of frustration that you're witnessing. Perhaps not so polite, but people are very very angry. People have had enough. I know, sometimes I myself am guilty of going a little too far, but such are the emotions of people. There is so much anger and frustration. The only solution is timely repatriation.

:) keep these emotions for Afghan forums that is the right way .

blabbering on own forum against someone that is not even here to defend or even listening is like apnay ghar main main to kuta bhi sher hota ha .

as far as this topic of scholarship is concern then i do not see anything wrong here. A lot of Pakistanis hate US go to US but abuse her still US has a lot of such scholarships and other funding for Pakistanis so you can not argue that this should be stopped.

same applies to others.

Such measures are taken as long term investment which is always good for any country

What are "Bihari Pakistani", if I may ask?

The ephemeral bouts of anti-Afghan vituperation are common among short-tempered Pakistanis, and flattering the so-called “stranded Pakistanis” also seem to be quite in vogue these days – at least among the self- proclaimed patriots on defence.pk. What do they day, “patriotism is the last resort of scoundrels”, right?

The so-called stranded Pakistanis are the Muslims migrants from India who had settled in the erstwhile eastern wing of Jinnah’s Pakistan, now know as Bangladesh, following the partition of British India.

The incessant humiliation, deprivation, and the status of second-class citizens forced the Bengalis to fight for their own separate country which will not be plagued with the racist and bigoted bureaucrats, politicians and khaki-clads of western Pakistan. At this crucial moment instead of remaining neutral or helping Bengalis achieve their legitimate rights, the Bihari immigrants joined the paramilitary wings like Al-Shams and Al-Badr and unleashed violence against the local Bengali population, forgetting that these were the same Bengalis who provided their people shelter and food just a quarter of a century ago. This is how you repay your benefactors the debt of gratitude.

After backing the wrong horse and losing everything in the process, they thought that another migration would be their best bet. As it was clear that almost all of them will end up in Karachi the Sindhi nationalists, who were already busy coping up with the previous waves of migrants, opposed the immigration of Biharis form Bangladesh. They were not that wrong in the content of their protest anyway - if you have problems living among Hindus, if you cannot coexist peacefully with Muslim Bengalis, then their chances of living peacefully among Sindhis were also zilch. They wanted to live in a Muslim majority country anyway, isn’t Bangladesh a Muslim majority country?

we host all sorts of refugees.... tibetans get better deal than others though.
Refugees in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you dont go around asking refugees to come.. you host whoever comes to you.. we are strong because we can host refugees.

:) keep these emotions for Afghan forums that is the right way .

blabbering on own forum against someone that is not even here to defend or even listening is like apnay ghar main main to kuta bhi sher hota ha .

as far as this topic of scholarship is concern then i do not see anything wrong here. A lot of Pakistanis hate US go to US but abuse her still US has a lot of such scholarships and other funding for Pakistanis so you can not argue that this should be stopped.

same applies to others.

Such measures are taken as long term investment which is always good for any country

Bro, the thing is that there is nothing to debate about. There is nothing to talk about. Most Pakistanis are simply pointing out that it's time for Afghans to leave. There is nothing wrong in pointing this out. Abuse shouldn't be used against anyone, but like I've already pointed out. There's just a lot of anger and frustration. This has been building for years and years. Afghan hatred for Pakistanis isn't a secret. Hence, some people do tend to vent that frustration too.

Pakistanis that hate the US and go there are cowards and hypocrites. They are no different than those Afghans that live among us and hate us. I just don't see any difference between both.

I don't think there is much disagreement between you and others on the issue of Afghan repatriation. We all agree that Afghans need to be repatriated to their homeland.

So are you saying they should not be here
... come on yar adopt your earlier position please!
... it's been a while since I was in the ring ... old age is a curse ... I enjoy a good fight

NVM mind you waste too much time while hating instead of reading :)

and i can imagine you will need a lot of time to read my earlier position ;) so NVM

briefly 1. Yes they should not have been here for so long
2. Our govt should have adopted Iranian model

3. Our government should have stopped them from getting pakistani citizenship

4. Our Government should have stopped them from buying property and occupying local business here

5. Our government should NOT force them but should facilitate a peaceful repatriation

Since all our govts have failed to do that now is the time our government should start acting in right direction and should place some law that forbids foreigners from buying Pakistani land at such a large scale .

that is my earlier and also the latest and also the only stand .

Having said that there is nothing wrong in giving scholarships to Afghans.

Cheers

we host all sorts of refugees.... tibetans get better deal than others though.
Refugees in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you dont go around asking refugees to come.. you host whoever comes to you.. we are strong because we can host refugees.

India hosts refugees of certain areas for own political propaganda while in case of Pakistan well Afghan refugees are not invited neither hosted on pattern of India.

And NO India is NOT strong you can NOT host the number of refugees i.e Afghans and for a long the way Pakistan did and is

NVM mind you waste too much time while hating instead of reading :)

and i can imagine you will need a lot of time to read my earlier position ;) so NVM

briefly 1. Yes they should not have been here for so long
2. Our govt should have adopted Iranian model

3. Our government should have stopped them from getting pakistani citizenship

4. Our Government should have stopped them from buying property and occupying local business here

5. Our government should NOT force them but should facilitate a peaceful repatriation

Since all our govts have failed to do that now is the time our government should start acting in right direction and should place some law that forbids foreigners from buying Pakistani land at such a large scale .

that is my earlier and also the latest and also the only stand .

Having said that there is nothing wrong in giving scholarships to Afghans.

Cheers

India hosts refugees of certain areas for own political propaganda while in case of Pakistan well Afghan refugees are not invited neither hosted on pattern of India.

And NO India is NOT strong you can NOT host the number of refugees i.e Afghans and for a long the way Pakistan did and is

It has to be said that much of the anger and frustration should also be aimed at our inept governments as you have previously pointed out. The failure to take appropriate action by the current and past governments has only worsened the Afghan refugee crisis inside Pakistan. Add the role of the inept humanitarian organizations and that sums up the whole picture. It's just so messy and complicated.

Best thing would be to arrange a timely and graceful repatriation program for the Afghan refugees. Realistically, this is not only in the best interest of Pakistan, but also the Afghan refugees. The Afghans need to take part in the rebuilding process of their nation. The repatriation must be carried out by the Pakistani state along with the assistance of the provincial governments. Unfortunately, humanitarian organizations have not contributed positively in this regard. Don't expect much help from the various humanitarian organizations in this regard. After all, the repatriation will affect the core business of these humanitarian organizations.

Last edited:
It has to be said that much of the anger and frustration should also be aimed at our inept governments as you have previously pointed out. The failure to take appropriate action by the current and past governments has only worsened the Afghan refugee crisis inside Pakistan. Add the role of the inept humanitarian organizations and that sums up the whole picture. It's just so messy and complicated.

Best thing would be to arrange a timely and graceful repatriation program for the Afghan refugees. Realistically, this is not only in the best interest of Pakistan, but also the Afghan refugees. The Afghans need to take part in the rebuilding process of their nation. The repatriation must be carried out by the Pakistani state along with the assistance of the provincial governments. Unfortunately, humanitarian organizations have not contributed positively in this regard. Don't expect much help from the various humanitarian organizations in this regard. After all, the repatriation will affect the core business of these humanitarian organizations.

I am all for respectful repatriation of the refugees as its the duty of the Afghan government to take care of them but racist tendencies are a No No!.

I am all for respectful repatriation of the refugees as its the duty of the Afghan government to take care of them but racist tendencies are a No No!.

That's all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom