What's new

Putting Learning First Ft. VC LUMS

_NOBODY_

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Putting Learning First Ft. VC LUMS

In tonight’s conversation with our special guest, Dr. Arshad Ahmad. What was his early life & education like? How did Pakistan look like in the 70s? How was his experience studying at Concordia University? What was his first job like? How did it shape him as a human? What was his MBA like? Doing masters or finding a job? What career did he pursue later? What was his work experience at McGill University like? How does he define a good teacher? Why having a Ph.D. degree important now? Why did he study psychology & human learning? What did receiving the title of AIB’s International Educator of the Year feel like? Why staying motivated is important to grow your mind? What is tenure or permanence? His life before LUMS & why did he join it? The evolution of LUMS over the past 5 years? What are the benefits of developing the education sector? LUMS NOP program? Misconceptions about LUMS? Why is there an increase in the tuition fee? What’s the future of LUMS? How does he see the future of Pakistan in 2050? Catch this and much more in tonight's episode.

00:00 Tonight’s guest: Dr. Arshad Ahmad
01:11 Arshad’s early life & education
02:38 How did Pakistan look like in the 70s?
06:15 Going to Montreal and studying at Concordia University
07:51 Belonging to a modest family
08:45 His first job
09:36 How did it shape him as an individual?
11:43 MBA from McGill University
12:15 Doing Masters Vs. Finding a job
14:43 His thought behind doing MBA directly after graduation
16:31 What career did he pursue later?
19:36 Working at McGill University
22:46 What did he lack in his very first teaching evaluation?
29:22 Definition of a good teacher
33:45 Why having a Ph.D. degree important now?
38:02 Receiving the title of AIB’s International Educator of the Year
38:22 Learning without boundaries
40:20 Why did he study psychology & human learning?
41:22 Why staying motivated is important to grow your mind?
42:49 What is tenure or permanence?
47:23 How to solve the challenges that we are facing as a community?
49:10 His life before LUMS & why did he join it?
52:24 What did he learn from teaching in LUMS?
54:21 The evolution of LUMS over the past 5 years
58:05 Benefits of developing the education sector
01:04:48 The idea of the LUMS NOP program
01:10:51 Misconceptions about LUMS
01:13:10 The increase in the tuition fee
01:15:36 What’s the future of LUMS?
01:34:53 Will there be a change in the infrastructure of LUMS?
01:40:29 Exploring the religious philosophy in the future
01:52:29 How does he see the future of Pakistan in 2050?

@ghazi52 @araz @The Eagle @The Accountant @That Guy @Irfan Baloch @PanzerKiel @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Imran Khan @PAKISTANFOREVER @waz @Windjammer @WinterFangs @KaiserX @niaz @farok84 @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @MastanKhan @krash @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Cookie Monster @Bratva @Foxtrot Alpha @Rafael @Rafi @Trango Towers @Indus Pakistan @Falcon26 @Norwegian @LeGenD @Iltutmish @notorious_eagle @Akh1112 @mingle @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @Horus @Ark_Angel @SQ8 @Goenitz @messiach @TaimiKhan @SecularNationalist @farok84 @Blacklight @Meengla @Ahmet Pasha @Dalit @ARMalik @Sainthood 101 @Zibago @Jango @untitled @Reichsmarschall @Bleek @Dual Wielder @Smoke @RescueRanger @Trango Towers @Asimzranger @FuturePAF @Imad.Khan @forcetrip @baqai @blain2 @khail007 @N.Siddiqui @kingQamaR @Wergeland @PakAlp @Khan2727 @Great Janjua @VCheng @Bleek @Sifar zero @Maula Jatt @PakSarZameen47 @Abid123

Ain't nobody got time fer dat! :D

Nearly two hours?!
Bruh! Podcasts get millions of views on YouTube. Podcasts have started to become popular in Pakistan as well. Imran Khan's podcast played a huge role in making podcasts more popular. You don't have to watch the video, you can play a podcast on Spotify while driving. These podcasts are worth my two hours considering the knowledge that I gain from them.

@Goenitz will die this month by my hands if he doesn't watch this particular podcast.

I will listen. I don't wanna die young.
Bruh! Podcasts get millions of views on YouTube. Podcasts have started to become popular in Pakistan as well. Imran Khan's podcast played a huge role in making podcasts more popular. You don't have to watch the video, you can play a podcast on Spotify while driving. These podcasts are worth my two hours considering the knowledge that I gain from them.

@Goenitz will die this month by my hands if he doesn't watch this particular podcast.

You better watch it or else you will die.
It was a good program. I know why do you like it as you are in the first year. I like mainly bcz of his first review, inter-disciplinary education (finance + PhD in teaching) and LUMS water management department.
The NOP program will surely bring good results. I like the prospect of attracting C.Asia and African students.
I also liked the latest school of teaching and learning in LUMS (like BEd, MEd). Necessity and profitable as many universities and educational institutes have less capable faculty around.
His first teaching review is like mine. :P

It was a good program. I know why do you like it as you are in the first year. I like mainly bcz of his first review, inter-disciplinary education (finance + PhD in teaching) and LUMS water management department.
The NOP program will surely bring good results. I like the prospect of attracting C.Asia and African students.
I also liked the latest school of teaching and learning in LUMS (like BEd, MEd). Necessity and profitable as many universities and educational institutes have less capable faculty around.
His first teaching review is like mine. :P
I am not a freshman, my second is year is about to end. The teaching feedback part goes to show you why Western institutes are so much better at teaching. Our do take ke teachers think that they are the best and don't deserve any criticism.

Back
Top Bottom