What's new

TBT ft. Bilal Musharraf, Son of Pervez Musharraf

In some ways Bilal's interview seems quite personal to me. He's about same age as me--I am tad older. In the interview he says that his higher education suffered in the 1980s of Pakistan due to frequent universities' closures due to agitations. His four year degree took longer than four. As did mine. And we both came to America about the same time. BUT, unlike his 'privileged' background where he had to look for money because he couldn't get a scholarship, my Masters in an American university was fully funded for everything--room, board, travel, visits to Pakistan-- by the family in Pakistan. My family must be 'raping' Pakistan!!

But the most interesting part of the video I have seen so far is also quite personally felt and how true! When asked how was growing up in Pakistan in the 1980s--it was a loaded question as the anchor knew of Zia ul Haq's political and social repressions. Bilal responds: Pakistan was great in the 1960s and 1970s and to him the 1980s were also great. There was sufficient media freedoms even under Zia to carefully criticize his Martial Law govt. Bilal is correct on that; I too felt the same in the 1980s! But, just like what Bilal is hinting in the video, we didn't know that what the State of Pakistan doing using the 'Non State Actors' was going to harm Pakistan in the future. And, oh, boy, how has it harmed Pakistan to this day!!! The original sin Pakistan made was joining the American war against the Soviets!! And the Generals of Pakistan are to be blamed for that.

Providing Quality Education Globally For Free Ft. Bilal Musharraf

In tonight’s conversation with our special guest, Bilal Musharraf. What was his early life and education like? What was studying at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign like? What is Actuarial science? What was growing up in Pakistan in the 70s and 80s like? Parvez Musharraf & his growth? Why he did not accept the luxuries offered to him because of his father? How can a country's ecosystem evolve economically & socially? The difference in economic cultures between the US & Pakistan? Non-profit organizations in Pakistan & their efficiency? How the Netherlands can be a role model for other countries? Why did he switch from the financial sector to educational technology? What was his work experience with Khan Academy & Edmodo like? The idea behind Noon Academy? What is Bilal’s long-term projection for Pakistan? His thoughts on the future leadership of Pakistan? How does he see the Pakistan of 2050? Catch this and much more in tonight's episode.

00:00 Tonight’s guest: Bilal Musharraf
01:04 Bilal’s early life & education
01:46 Studying at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
03:00 What is Actuarial science?
04:35 Growing up in Pakistan in the 70s and 80s
07:05 How did going to the US feel like?
08:24 The role of his grandparents
11:36 Pervez Musharraf & his growth
12:36 His first job post-graduation
13:13 His marriage, coming back to Pakistan & his father’s promotion
14:26 Why he did not accept the luxuries offered to him because of his father?
16:28 Working in an actuarial consulting company
17:53 Doing a joint degree program
21:21 How can a country's ecosystem evolve economically & socially?
27:47 The difference in economic cultures between the US & Pakistan
34:09 The possibility of a sustainable model for Pakistani profit & non-profit media
39:24 Non-profit organizations in Pakistan & their efficiency
49:31 How the Netherlands can be a role model for other countries?
51:36 How important is it to structure an idealist society?
53:32 Why did he switch from the financial sector to educational technology?
54:47 Private school system in the US
55:53 His work experience with Khan Academy & Edmodo
58:16 The idea behind Noon Academy
01:00:06 What are Bilal’s focus areas now?
01:03:40 Digitizing education & its problems
01:13:02 Circular economy
01:14:22 His views on Pakistan’s evolution from the 80s till now
01:17:18 What is Bilal’s long-term projection for Pakistan?
01:20:54 His thoughts on the future leadership of Pakistan
01:30:01 How does he see the Pakistan of 2050?

@ghazi52 @araz @The Eagle @The Accountant @That Guy @Irfan Baloch @PanzerKiel @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Imran Khan @PAKISTANFOREVER @waz @Windjammer @WinterFangs @KaiserX @niaz @farok84 @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @MastanKhan @krash @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Cookie Monster @Bratva @Foxtrot Alpha @Rafael @Rafi @Trango Towers @Indus Pakistan @Falcon26 @Norwegian @LeGenD @Iltutmish @notorious_eagle @Akh1112 @mingle @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @Horus @Ark_Angel @SQ8 @Goenitz @messiach @TaimiKhan @SecularNationalist @farok84 @Blacklight @Meengla @Ahmet Pasha @Dalit @ARMalik @Sainthood 101 @Zibago @Jango @untitled @Reichsmarschall @Bleek @Dual Wielder @Smoke @RescueRanger @Trango Towers @Asimzranger @FuturePAF @Imad.Khan @forcetrip @baqai @blain2 @khail007 @N.Siddiqui @kingQamaR @Wergeland @PakAlp @Khan2727 @Great Janjua @VCheng @Bleek @Sifar zero @Maula Jatt @PakSarZameen47 @Abid123
His facial resemblance and way of talking is almost like his father.Just the hard voice of Gen mushy is missing here.
Why he didn't ask him the most important question and the question most people ask me (I find it annoying) that why he didn't pursue a career in the armed forces? Why he didn't follow the footsteps of his father ?

Not at all. In your haste to apply your pre-conceived label on me, you forgot to actually have a logical basis for concluding that falsehood before unleashing your tirade. Fail.

Bilal Musharraf follows a long line of the progeny of Generals that benefit not only from their parent's raping of the nation, but position themselves well for obscene seconds for their generation as well. Enough said.

And no, it does not mean that only uneducated and poor people are sincere and capable. :D
by this post, everyone has forgotten the OP and banging their Pakistani schools English against you. they just keep coming nonetheless and cant match your awesomeness.
much like how the Allied soldiers faced the Hitlers Buzz saw

and you are like

by this post, everyone has forgotten the OP and banging their Pakistani schools English against you. they just keep coming nonetheless and cant match your awesomeness.
much like how the Allied soldiers faced the Hitlers Buzz saw

and you are like

Buzz Saw? How cute. I prefer a GAU-8 myself:

Is he a US Citizen by any chance?
No surprise for us South Asians.

Welcome to another launching ceremony of yet another privileged child of army general. Soon he will be running for pmship

Back
Top Bottom