What's new

Kerala schools stop serving midday meals during Ramzan

Nair saab

Reaction score
Country
India
Midday Meals, it seems, are never far from controversy. The latest news on the front comes from Kerala, where, citing Ramzan quick as reasons, Government schools in the Malabar region have stopped serving food to children. Not only this, school timings have been altered as well. All this, despite the fact that Government schools impart education to students belonging to all religions, not just Islam.

According to a report in Malayalam daily Janmabhumi, the policy has been sanctioned by the Education Department and a majority of Government schools in districts such as Palakkad, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Kannur, Kasargod have complied with it, forcing students of all religions to go hungry despite Ramzan being a Muslim month of fasting and prayer.

Some Parent Teacher Associations have challenged this choice by sending a written complaint to the Minister’s Secretariat, but to no aim.

Kerala schools stop serving mid-day meals during Ramzan - | Bharat Press

http://www.janmabhumidaily.com/jnb/News/129999

Midday Meals, it seems, are never far from controversy. The latest news on the front comes from Kerala, where, citing Ramzan quick as reasons, Government schools in the Malabar region have stopped serving food to children. Not only this, school timings have been altered as well. All this, despite the fact that Government schools impart education to students belonging to all religions, not just Islam.

According to a report in Malayalam daily Janmabhumi, the policy has been sanctioned by the Education Department and a majority of Government schools in districts such as Palakkad, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Kannur, Kasargod have complied with it, forcing students of all religions to go hungry despite Ramzan being a Muslim month of fasting and prayer.

Some Parent Teacher Associations have challenged this choice by sending a written complaint to the Minister’s Secretariat, but to no aim.

Our ministers and our politicos- giving secularism a bad name since 1947- and at it still. Kaminon ke munh pe dictionary marne ka man karta hai- desh ko kangad bana rakha hai. One rare good scheme these blokes had implemented- which everybody despite whatever party they owe allegiance to would support aur woh bhi ab pesticides aur dharm ke naam pe tod rahein hain. :hitwall:

good job ISI
now we have indian schools in our control.

Gimme crdible links please

The anti secularism mindset is spreading fast among the Hindu community in all corners of country thanks to this and many similar other pathetic and ridiculous acts of so called secularists

What can one expect. I am a secularist through and through, an ardent and firm believer of constitutionalism even more so. I am an atheist- as in I do not believe in any gods or goddesses BUT I identify with Hindu culture, that is the culture that is ingrained in every speck of sand in India. I have even exchanged harsh posts with @Nair saab on the matter. BUT would I be OK if my children were being forced to abstain from meals because some people have a religious practice which necessitates them abstaining from meals? The answer would be a clear NO! This is not secularism, this not even our mutated version of "respect all religions"- this is blatant and naked pandering and catering to a specific minority to keep their votes in your kitty. Let me be clear, I cannot stand people who use the term "pseudo-secular", because there is no such term. Either you're secular or you're not- an example of the latter being our congi babus who are not secular but lie about it and claim to be secular. At least some parties have the balls to proclaim loud and clear about what they believe in unlike whoever the babus are down in Kerala.:laughcry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Who asked you to reply to my posts?

What can one expect. I am a secularist through and through, an ardent and firm believer of constitutionalism even more so. I am an atheist- as in I do not believe in any gods or goddesses BUT I identify with Hindu culture, that is the culture that is ingrained in every speck of sand in India. I have even exchanged harsh posts with @Nair saab on the matter. BUT would I be OK if my children were being forced to abstain from meals because some people have a religious practice which necessitates them abstaining from meals? The answer would be a clear NO! This is not secularism, this not even our mutated version of "respect all religions"- this is blatant and naked pandering and catering to a specific minority to keep their votes in your kitty. Let me be clear, I cannot stand people who use the term "pseudo-secular", because there is no such term. Either your secular or you're not- an example of the latter being our congi babus who are not secular but lie about it and claim to be secular. At least other parties have the balls to proclaim loud and clear about what they believe in.:laughcry:

First give crdible link then rant (and not 'niti central' please) Imporant major dailies/ TV sites only

And who asked you to reply to mine?

I wasnt aware this forums rules included me having to take permissions to reply.

Oh wait it isnt.

On topic: Congress style secularism at its finest. Kick them out in 2014, kinda glad elections are coming soon...

Again..who asked you to reply to my post?

Nice gesture by Kerala-

This will add to the religious harmony and mutual understanding between the communities-

Basically BS news based on lies cooked up by some unknown right wing blog/ smalltimepaper. All schools in malabar areas stop midday meals and manorama doesn't write a word? Yeah...I buy that allright.

What can one expect. I am a secularist through and through, an ardent and firm believer of constitutionalism even more so. I am an atheist- as in I do not believe in any gods or goddesses BUT I identify with Hindu culture, that is the culture that is ingrained in every speck of sand in India. I have even exchanged harsh posts with @Nair saab on the matter. BUT would I be OK if my children were being forced to abstain from meals because some people have a religious practice which necessitates them abstaining from meals? The answer would be a clear NO! This is not secularism, this not even our mutated version of "respect all religions"- this is blatant and naked pandering and catering to a specific minority to keep their votes in your kitty. Let me be clear, I cannot stand people who use the term "pseudo-secular", because there is no such term. Either you're secular or you're not- an example of the latter being our congi babus who are not secular but lie about it and claim to be secular. At least some parties have the balls to proclaim loud and clear about what they believe in unlike whoever the babus are down in Kerala.:laughcry:

Congress has used and abused the Secularism card so badly, that I can guarantee you there will come a time when you will not be able to win elections running for secularism in India. They have spoiled the whole concept of Secularism for their twisted plans of personal gain and holding on to power...

Back
Top Bottom