What's new

India - Journalist who exposed roti-salt meal in UP school dies of cancer

Sad to hear that bhartis would not help. Hopefully he’s in a better place now.

Cancer is a silent killer, most of us ignore the early signs of cancer. And by the time we realize it, it’s already too late.

Luck of the draw. Sometimes it overcomes you too fast.

View attachment 842187

View attachment 842188

among few others, I have apartments in these developments ^

pay high'ish community maintenance "taxes" and they take quite good care of it, happy doing that.. residents are happy, workers are happy.. but this model can not be expanded on a country wide level to benefit all1.5 billion whatever.

why on earth should I pay for the upkeep/beautification/security/food and so on for where you live ? That's on you and your local community to do..
The developer of this project got Bankrupt tho :cheesy:
…Just like all NCR developers :lol:

India does not require unscientific, unnecessary and stupid bullet trains, metro trains, flyovers, sea links etc.
India does not need uneducated commies

The developer of this project got Bankrupt tho :cheesy:
…Just like all NCR developers :lol:

India does not need uneducated commies
Yup, Jaypee went bankrupt.. thank heavens we got possession before that went down.. also sold it at mild profit.. patli gali se nikal gaye lol :P

but that was their "wishtown" development.. the original one is doing just fine.. 100% occupancy, a beautiful thriving community, lots of golf obsessed Korean expats.. and Hyundai, Kia, Samsung have plants in the vicinity so it makes sense. Anyone can come to the clubhouse for a meal and drink.. good scene just to hang out but you need a membership to play the course.

Btw, no rich here.. our humble 2 BHK is on rent to some family from the south who works in that area.. not making too much money there.. at all :cry:

India has existed for 75 years and counting as against USSR's 69 years yet can we say that India has a better standard of living than "became history" USSR ?
The modern iteration of a nation state maybe, but not the civilization

we've been around for a lot longer that 70 odd years.. it pains you to hear this but it is the truth.

What does that mean and what is India ?
Just because you may not have achieved all you wished to does not mean India as a country is a failure..

Why the lol ?
Libya was a tragedy, but also a unique case

the lol is to to with your madman (and hare-brained) obsession with them while completely discounting and refusing to even consider factoring in being ultra oil rich like they were/are.

Saudia, UAE, Qatar etc.. they all enjoy a very high standard of living there

have you been to any of those lately, or ever ?

India has existed for 75 years and counting as against USSR's 69 years yet can we say that India has a better standard of living than "became history" USSR ?
Commie logic is that a guy who uses his credit card and spends shit tonnes of money and ends up owning lots of expensive stuff only rich can afford and end up failing to pay the credit card bills is better than a poor guy who keeps on progressing earning money to buy stuff in a sustainable manner. Some things sound too good to be true, same is Vampanth.

Last edited:
Commie logic is that a guy who uses his credit card and spends shit tonnes of money and ends up owning lots of expansive stuff only rich can afford and end up failing to pay the credit card bills. Some things sound too good to be true, same is Vampanth.
He's never traveled outside of his neighborhood

but poori dunia theek karney ke saarey ideas hai bhai ke paas :coffee:

He's never traveled outside of his neighborhood

but poori dunia theek karney ke saarey ideas hai bhai ke paas :coffee:

I have heard him say he is planning a Mars mission for school dropouts.

Yeh dunia hi nahi, woh mangal bhi theek karega.

But first he will make microprocessor , operating system and find a girl who is willing to marry a 12 class fail.

Journalist Who Exposed Roti-Salt Meal In UP School Dies Of Cancer

The journalist was struggling to pay for his treatment and there were several public appeals from journalists to crowdfund for his medical bills.

All India Edited by Akhil Kumar Updated: May 05, 2022 4:26 pm IST

New Delhi : Uttar Pradesh journalist Pawan Jaiswal, who was in 2019 charged with conspiracy for filming students at a government school in Mirzapur eating rotis with salt as their midday meal, today died after a prolonged battle with mouth cancer. The journalist was struggling to pay for his treatment and there were several public appeals in the past month from journalists to crowdfund for his medical bills.

The video Mr Jaiswal shot, was from the Siur primary school in Jamalpur block of Mirzapur and showed young children sitting on the floor of the school corridor, eating rotis with salt under a flagship scheme of the central government.

The district administration had filed a police case against him, even when it acted on his information and swiftly suspended the teacher in charge of the school and the supervisor at the gram panchayat.

In the complaint to police, Block Education Officer of the area had accused Mr Jaiswal and a representative of the local village head of a conspiracy to defame the Uttar Pradesh government.

On the case filed against him, Pawan Jaiswal said in a video that anybody could verify the facts of the story. "I was informed several times about the irregularities in the mid-day meal in the school. Sometimes the children were being given salt and rotis and sometimes salt and rice. On August 22, when I shot the video, a person called me and I went to the school. Before going there, I called the assistant basic shiksha adhikari Brajesh Kumar Singh and told him I was going to the school," Mr Jaiswal said.

"After shooting the first video at around 12 pm, I called local reporters who spoke to the district magistrate. The DM went there and conducted an inquiry and suspended people. Now, a case has been filed against me because questions were asked from these people. This is an attack on journalism. Everyone is welcome to verify the facts of the story," he added.

The Editors Guild of India had condemned the state government's action and urged it to withdraw the cases. It also urged that the journalist is not harmed or harassed.

BJP leader Manoj Tiwari had then said Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government should honour Mr Jaiswal for exposing the corruption.

Mr Jaiswal was later given a clean chit by the government in the case.

---

Jamahir's comment : This is modern India where the 60+ million street dogs in India are well-protected and don't go hungry but school students who because of artificial poverty aren't able to obtain nutritious food like egg at home aren't also able to obtain nutritious food at school. Is the the comfortable India that Modi spoke about in Berlin a few days ago, eh @Sharma Ji ?

Additionally, the journalist wasn't able to obtain medical treatment for his mouth cancer because he didn't have the money to pay for it because healthcare isn't free in India. He died not because there is no treatment for mouth cancer in India but because he didn't have the artificial construct called money. This is not death but murder by the system. Is this the Vishwaguru ( Teacher to the world ) India that Modi told some international leaders in the beginning of 2021 ?

And @INDIAPOSITIVE, weren't you pointing to other countries not being in that press freedom ranking ? This brave and conscientious Indian journalist was jailed by next-PM-candidate Yogi for reporting truth.

@Mentee @fitpOsitive @Bilal9 @Joe Shearer

@-=virus=-, still will write poems and blow the been about Capitalism ?

Has this guy ever made a Microprocessor ?

If not, then what good is he ?

Did Modi ever help him build a microprocessor ? did India ever help him build a microprocessor ? Did Yogi help him build a microprocessor ? This shows the extend of India's failure.

He did not even build a space x or plan any mars mission. What good was his education ?

May his death inspire everyone to make microprocessors.

Last edited:

Journalist Who Exposed Roti-Salt Meal In UP School Dies Of Cancer

The journalist was struggling to pay for his treatment and there were several public appeals from journalists to crowdfund for his medical bills.

All India Edited by Akhil Kumar Updated: May 05, 2022 4:26 pm IST

New Delhi : Uttar Pradesh journalist Pawan Jaiswal, who was in 2019 charged with conspiracy for filming students at a government school in Mirzapur eating rotis with salt as their midday meal, today died after a prolonged battle with mouth cancer. The journalist was struggling to pay for his treatment and there were several public appeals in the past month from journalists to crowdfund for his medical bills.

The video Mr Jaiswal shot, was from the Siur primary school in Jamalpur block of Mirzapur and showed young children sitting on the floor of the school corridor, eating rotis with salt under a flagship scheme of the central government.

The district administration had filed a police case against him, even when it acted on his information and swiftly suspended the teacher in charge of the school and the supervisor at the gram panchayat.

In the complaint to police, Block Education Officer of the area had accused Mr Jaiswal and a representative of the local village head of a conspiracy to defame the Uttar Pradesh government.

On the case filed against him, Pawan Jaiswal said in a video that anybody could verify the facts of the story. "I was informed several times about the irregularities in the mid-day meal in the school. Sometimes the children were being given salt and rotis and sometimes salt and rice. On August 22, when I shot the video, a person called me and I went to the school. Before going there, I called the assistant basic shiksha adhikari Brajesh Kumar Singh and told him I was going to the school," Mr Jaiswal said.

"After shooting the first video at around 12 pm, I called local reporters who spoke to the district magistrate. The DM went there and conducted an inquiry and suspended people. Now, a case has been filed against me because questions were asked from these people. This is an attack on journalism. Everyone is welcome to verify the facts of the story," he added.

The Editors Guild of India had condemned the state government's action and urged it to withdraw the cases. It also urged that the journalist is not harmed or harassed.

BJP leader Manoj Tiwari had then said Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government should honour Mr Jaiswal for exposing the corruption.

Mr Jaiswal was later given a clean chit by the government in the case.

---

Jamahir's comment : This is modern India where the 60+ million street dogs in India are well-protected and don't go hungry but school students who because of artificial poverty aren't able to obtain nutritious food like egg at home aren't also able to obtain nutritious food at school. Is the the comfortable India that Modi spoke about in Berlin a few days ago, eh @Sharma Ji ?

Additionally, the journalist wasn't able to obtain medical treatment for his mouth cancer because he didn't have the money to pay for it because healthcare isn't free in India. He died not because there is no treatment for mouth cancer in India but because he didn't have the artificial construct called money. This is not death but murder by the system. Is this the Vishwaguru ( Teacher to the world ) India that Modi told some international leaders in the beginning of 2021 ?

And @INDIAPOSITIVE, weren't you pointing to other countries not being in that press freedom ranking ? This brave and conscientious Indian journalist was jailed by next-PM-candidate Yogi for reporting truth.

@Mentee @fitpOsitive @Bilal9 @Joe Shearer

@-=virus=-, still will write poems and blow the been about Capitalism ?

Sad demise of a hero and a seeker of truth. Rest in Peace Good Friend...... :-(

Are you a sadomasochist, wanting to make yourself hated ?

More of a selfish sociopath.

LOL

trust a batshiet insane and deluded communist like you to wish people into gulags..

Here's an idea.. you want the government to give you 3 free meals a day and clothing and shelter.. go kill someone and head to jail.. sab kuch free milega.. :sarcastic:

People like you don't realize the massive corruption in Indian education. You don't have to be a communist to realize how bad things are in India, especially BIMARU states.

Bangladesh spends half or less per capita on education compared to India and their educational HDI figures are still better/higher than India. Only BIMARU scumbags in India can think about and descend low enough to steal food from a school toddler's mouth.

If parents send a girl child to school in Bangladesh - they get a 5 KG sack of rice at the end of the month. Bangladesh has more girls than boys in school.

No one gives a flying rat's a$$ about poor people or their education in India. Just a f*cked up, sad case for education in these BIMARU states.

People like you don't realize the massive corruption in Indian education. You don't have to be a communist to realize how bad things are in India, especially BIMARU states.

Bangladesh spends half or less per capita on education compared to India and their educational HDI figures are still better/higher than India. Only BIMARU scumbags in India can think about and descend low enough to steal food from a school toddler's mouth.

If parents send a girl child to school in Bangladesh - they get a 5 KG sack of rice at the end of the month. Bangladesh has more girls than boys in school.

No one gives a flying rat's a$$ about poor people or their education in India. Just a f*cked up, sad case for education in these BIMARU states.
Did you mean to tag @jamahir instead ?

idgaf about BIMARU or whatever states.. doing just fine here, thanks : )

Back
Top Bottom