What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Well first pic of b3 engine and is deliberately blurred

It is not "deliberately blurred" but simply anyway too small to identify and since externally the RD-93MA is unlikely to be vastly different to a regular RD-93 and we are fighting for details to differ a WS-13 from a RD-93 without result since years, I don't think that even a clearer close-up image would be revealing in any way.

1628330704602.png

As far as I know, the RD93MA also has a shiny nozzle when it is brand new. So there's no confirmation this is a WS-13.

Huitong agrees,

The latest report (August 2021) suggested that an indigenous WS-13X engine has been tested successfully onboard a JF-17 Block III prototype, making it more competitive in the world market.
- Last Updated 8/6/21

So these new engines are for export market. Will PAF use the same or Russian one, 93MA? I am confused now. Earlier members here were saying for now Block-III will be using existing 93 engine which powers earlier blocks of Thunder. But when i juxtapose so-called "delay" in block-III induction and this latest update about a WS-XX engine, I think PAF might also check this new one or this particular flight with new engine was indeed with RD-93MA and not a Chinese power plant.

So these new engines are for export market. Will PAF use the same or Russian one, 93MA? I am confused now. Earlier members here were saying for now Block-III will be using existing 93 engine which powers earlier blocks of Thunder. But when i juxtapose so-called "delay" in block-III induction and this latest update about a WS-XX engine, I think PAF might also check this new one or this particular flight with new engine was indeed with RD-93MA and not a Chinese power plant.
PAF will continue with 93 series as it has invested in it. Supply chain is there with overhaul, maintenance to be done inhouse.

Ws-13 is for export customers.

PAF will continue with 93 series as it has invested in it. Supply chain is there with overhaul, maintenance to be done inhouse.

Ws-13 is for export customers.
Any news on CFTs?

They know the process and phases of induction. As said, no news in public domain doesn't mean there's nothing happening. It's just our way of progress and development. At the time, when PAF was sitting duck on paper against IAF with all the proclaimed might and Asian Raptor; things turned out to be different. Let's just say, PAF isn't merely interested to cheer us but on other hand, things are done in timely manner and professionally.

I don't think they have such time to explain evert day or hours as what they are doing right now. We aren't looking at some car production Factory. A new system needs a lot of input, time, energy, study, checks and testings but that doesn't mean as if Block-III is some sort of delayed given the snags or issues. In short, keep calm and let the personnel complete their job. Our curiosity is Infact hitting us with anxiety but we aren't vulnerable if IAF is inducting this or that. They will do what they had while we will continue with our mission.
Such a smooth n professional tone... v well explained... worthy of a senior moderator... kudos janab 👏👏

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom