What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

As one thing discussed at minor level is use of stealth coatings/measures on Jet though block 3 may look to be like previous blocks but it's color scheme shall certinly change due to stealth features. In export arena it shall have competitors like Checkmate with lesser price tag and better capabilities in next 2 Years so challanges are there so it's better to take time and refine it as much as possible.

Checkmate would never be sold at the advertised price. Forget it completely. It would definitely be 40 Million plus. Maybe 50 or close. The advertised price was just too ridiculous to be true.

I am not sure why we are counting j10. There is no news of it nor confirmation

Secondly 2021/22 was the time frame of first full squadron induction

Lastly rd93 ma was not in the equation to start with

As one thing discussed at minor level is use of stealth coatings/measures on Jet though block 3 may look to be like previous blocks but it's color scheme shall certinly change due to stealth features. In export arena it shall have competitors like Checkmate with lesser price tag and better capabilities in next 2 Years so challanges are there so it's better to take time and refine it as much as possible.

Pakistan with in-house manufacturing capabilities for JF-17 (except engine) make it competitive in the market. we can play with the cost of production.

on the other hand Checkmate is a stealth fighter and in a different league it would be maintenance intensive and operation at another level, not every other air force can afford a stealth fighter maintenance etc.

August is here and still no Block 3 in its final flying form

Poor performance by PAF. Very poor

Unlike HAL PAC do not deliver one plane then trumpet the news in the press, JFs have been relased in batches of 8 or 12. Lets wait and see.

Unlike HAL PAC do not deliver one plane then trumpet the news in the press, JFs have been relased in batches of 8 or 12. Lets wait and see.

There is nothing wrong with delivering one plane and then celeberating it

We are already in the 8th month of 2021 and we have no confirmed information about the status of block 3 while we expected that first block 3 would be at least rolled out in March 2021

That is poor by all standards and we are already behind schedule clearly

August is here and still no Block 3 in its final flying form

Poor performance by PAF. Very poor
When jf17 bloc2B were introduced...did anyone know that a whole squadron will become active all of s sudden.
Here everyone is an expert. Pilots should be training on new system....actually the PAF is asleep and experts here know better.
Difficulty in getting access to parts lie ASEA radars and difficulty in manufacture....another me up story.

I have read nothing but bs because PAF keeps quiet.

Paf speaks when it matter. Feb 27 2019 is an example.

I am glad no news is coming out. Let the Indians make the noise

When jf17 bloc2B were introduced...did anyone know that a whole squadron will become active all of s sudden.
Here everyone is an expert. Pilots should be training on new system....actually the PAF is asleep and experts here know better.
Difficulty in getting access to parts lie ASEA radars and difficulty in manufacture....another me up story.

I have read nothing but bs because PAF keeps quiet.

Paf speaks when it matter. Feb 27 2019 is an example.

I am glad no news is coming out. Let the Indians make the noise

Still doesn't explain lack of progress by PAF. While enemy is inducting new Rafales in every few weeks we are yet to see a single JFT block 3 in its final flying form

Mentioning 27th february every other second isn't going to help us against enemy

Still doesn't explain lack of progress by PAF. While enemy is inducting new Rafales in every few weeks we are yet to see a single JFT block 3 in its final flying form

Mentioning 27th february every other second isn't going to help us against enemy
Lack of information is not necessarily a lack of progress. There is no official reference to JF17 being ready before the year end, so why the panic?

PAF haven't received Block-3 so judging the performance is unfair.

That is the issue. PAF hasn't received Block 3 and there doesn't seem to be any urgency either even though enemy is inducting new platforms in every few weeks

JFT block 3 seems to be stuck somewhere
J10 is going to be inducted in 2023 as per some rumors if it ever gets inducted
Project AZM is in its infancy

What exactly is PAF thinking?

I dont know why you guys are so depressed. Its been PAF practice to do an end of year ceremony on the Jf-17 for the last few years. Just wait for that, and you will have 12 Blk-3s lined up, two-thirds in yellow primer.
And, what a trolling on the IAF!! The Hindutva trollers than spend the next couple of months denouncing the PAF achievements….

Lack of information is not necessarily a lack of progress. There is no official reference to JF17 being ready before the year end, so why the panic?

First two were supposed to be inducted in 2020 while 12 in year 2021

We are in the 8th month of 2021 and we don't even know the status of even the first block 3

Production of subassemblies has already started for the first two 50 Block 3 aircraft, to be assembled next year, and will be followed by another 12 in 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024,” PAC chairman Air Marshall Ahmer Shahzad was quoted as saying by AINonline in 2019. “We will assemble eight dual-seaters this year, followed by 14 in 2020, and the remaining four in 2021.”

What exactly is going on with PAF?

Back
Top Bottom