What's new

Jayalalitha: India court clears ex-Tamil Nadu leader of corruption

After the 1857 war, the British took it out on Muslim Noblemen and Hindu Brahmins.

The genesis laid in AIT. It was Bishop Robert Caldwell, an evangelist and a linguist who aggressively popularized the idea of an Aryan invasion of India.

In Caldwell’s analysis, the Aryans sent their agents, the sly Brahmins who through their faith now known as Hinduism enslaved the Dravidian people who were given the title of ‘Shudra.’ The main aim of Caldwell in projecting the Aryan-Dravidian divide was to make way for mass conversions because many in South India were led to believe that Hinduism is a racist cult dominated by the Aryan Brahmins.

This resulted in the Punjab's believing they are Superior and became loyal to the British, the bulk of India feeling inferior and the South was labelled as Dravidians thus creating a artificial divide that served British Agenda.

This belief was turned into a combative political ideology by Periyar. He saw all of South India as a separate nation from rest of what he called the ‘Aryanstan.’ To the bulk of his Tamil and other South Indian admirers, he presented Hinduism as a racist, Aryan-Brahminical cult as per Caldwell’s diktat.

Periyar then demanded a separate nation, comprising Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada-speaking regions—roughly corresponding to the then Madras Presidency but failed to get British approval.Fortunately, his mangled views were only accepted in present-day Tamil Nadu, while other South Indian regions—Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, and Karnataka rejected them.

Even to this day, a LOT of Tamilians believe in the foolish Periyar ideology. British propaganda was a powerful tool.

Ironically the Brahmins were just 2.5 % of the total population of Tamil Nadu. A true minority.

caldwell.jpg

robertcaldwell227.jpg

Bishop Robert Caldwell.

Kindly dont spit out your ignorance. Periyar had the guts to renounce religion in a time which called "Atheist" was considered a Shame. He was instrumental in leading against Caste system. Even Rajagopalachari , a brahman, was a supporter of Casteist ideology.

Superstitions were ruining people at that time. The stand taken by Periyar was in good interest that time. Religion got reformed. Untouchability and oppression got less. We gave a new political ideology to this nation , which was different from the Left and the Right.

However the parties now need to adapt to the new changes.

Jail the 99.9%. I don care. We need clean leaders. Mass leaders will not happen overnight.
Forget about clean leaders unless we change our entire Laws which was formed by Britishers to help their officers to get away. Look at our police laws. Which wr formed in 1800s we still follow it as if no changes can be made . Even Britishers brought so many amendments to these outdated laws. But our political leaders won't do it .As they will control police as their political tool. Shame on Congress who sat on it for so many tears Shame of BJP if they don't clean up this mess .At least bring the amendment bill to the parliaments let the people know who will support or oppose it . We need serious changes drastically. Congress found time to bring Constitutional amendment for adding word Secular but not for Strong independent police force so they can enjoy what British rulers had enjoyed .Shame Shane shame .

Yes that's what am saying .Why to target one person for political milage?

And this is what HC said : Out of 67 cr 63 cr found to be her own property .So as per DA case law anything less than 10% can be accuted. So the case closed . How do you think other parties DA are ?

Are you telling me , that the HC knows more in 4 months than the trial court which conducted the case for 17 long years?

We cannot go the pakistani way in defining "Good and Bad terrorist". There cannot be "More and Less Corrupt Politicians". They are corrupt if they are convicted for 1c or 1 lakh C.

Looking like a deal. Center govt help her acquited, in return she will support gst, land bill .till now tamil nadu was against it.mark my words now aiadmk will support modi govt in all the passage of all the important bills.this is politics.cbi and judiciary are tools hands of central govt to run the parliament. Sarda scam=cbi=mamta supporting modi. Lalu =fodder scam=cbi=support upa.there are endless example. you scratch my back i will scratch yours as simple as that.rip democracy.

Oh one more good news from our judiciary side. ramalinga raju and other 10 convicts also get bail. Bails are raining in last few days.

Are you telling me , that the HC knows more in 4 months than the trial court which conducted the case for 17 long years?

We cannot go the pakistani way in defining "Good and Bad terrorist". There cannot be "More and Less Corrupt Politicians". They are corrupt if they are convicted for 1c or 1 lakh C.

Yeah why don't we send 50%or more population into jail and you will take care of the mess created by that ? Because every single government officials might have asked for bribe in their entire service and large population of Indians are either bribed (willingly or unwillingly) .Come on know . Don't be carried away .Yes its our reality either you accept it or not . Yes we are left with no option but to choose between evils . So what is your solution for this problem? Who will vote for new face or honest person?How will u determine his honesty after all all politicians started their political life as Anti corruption activist and once come to power start looting ?

So come on man .Wonder how people all of a sudden talks reasonably when this Corrupted politics is been there for 67 years . OK once you Amma behind bars then what ? Rest will keep looting and take TN to its lowest level .With unnecessary freebies , canceling loans etc to fool people and get votes .Not even taking economical situation into account. Is the what you want ? It will be total chaos .So we need to start from lower level first .Government officials ,social servants, Counsellors, MLA, MP ,CMs PM . If you arrest one person other will do the same in better way so he/She won't get caught .

So I choose lesser Evil in our sad state of TN and rest of India.

Kindly dont spit out your ignorance. Periyar had the guts to renounce religion in a time which called "Atheist" was considered a Shame. He was instrumental in leading against Caste system. Even Rajagopalachari , a brahman, was a supporter of Casteist ideology.

Superstitions were ruining people at that time. The stand taken by Periyar was in good interest that time. Religion got reformed. Untouchability and oppression got less. We gave a new political ideology to this nation , which was different from the Left and the Right.

However the parties now need to adapt to the new changes.

LOL. I was wondering when one of you ignorants will attack me for stating the facts :P

Periyar was a Upper caste NAIDU :lol: ..... his name was Raghav Erode Venkata Ramasami Naidu.

Hinduism always had enlightened Atheism as a part of its philosophy. Carvaka was a celebrated philosopher in 600 B.C, much before peiryar :lol: Another one was Makkhali Gosala in 500 BC. There has been a list of celebrated Atheist Hindu philosophers for the last 2000 years. How about "veer" Savarkar ?

Periyar was a man who fought against caste discrimination and for women empowerment, but he was not the only one. Nor does that make him infallible. He was the primary stooge for christian missionaries like Caldwell to fuel hatred in society and divide it to further their agenda.

Religion got reformed because the reasons that corrupted religion got eliminated and that is the same reason untouchability got eliminated. Individuals had little role to play in that, though it has not stopped them or their fans from taking all the credit.

Priyare spewed a ideology of hate and distrust.

After the British rejected Priyar, he then led to a proposal for a union of the Tamil people of not only South India but including those of Sri Lanka as well. THIS is the genesis of the Tamil trouble in Sri Lanka.

This proposal for a “sovereign Tamil” raised concerns among the Sinhalese politicians in Sri Lanka. In 1962, a Sinhalese M.P. stated in the Parliament:

The Sinhalese are the minority in Dravidistan. We are carrying on a struggle for our national existence against the Dravidistan majority.

You can now obliquely thank Periyar for his contribution to spreading hatred and causing the massacre of Tamils in SL by lighting fire to the sensitive issue in SL.

And this is how the Periyar fuelled politics of TN has rewarded Bishop Caldwell. IT released a Stamp in his honour :lol:

tamilnadustamp.jpg

A Statue to Bishop Robert Caldwell on Marina beach donated by Church of South India for promoting the AIT. :lol:

dsc_1097.jpg

After the 1857 war, the British took it out on Muslim Noblemen and Hindu Brahmins.

The genesis laid in AIT. It was Bishop Robert Caldwell, an evangelist and a linguist who aggressively popularized the idea of an Aryan invasion of India.

In Caldwell’s analysis, the Aryans sent their agents, the sly Brahmins who through their faith now known as Hinduism enslaved the Dravidian people who were given the title of ‘Shudra.’ The main aim of Caldwell in projecting the Aryan-Dravidian divide was to make way for mass conversions because many in South India were led to believe that Hinduism is a racist cult dominated by the Aryan Brahmins.

This resulted in the Punjab's believing they are Superior and became loyal to the British, the bulk of India feeling inferior and the South was labelled as Dravidians thus creating a artificial divide that served British Agenda.

This belief was turned into a combative political ideology by Periyar. He saw all of South India as a separate nation from rest of what he called the ‘Aryanstan.’ To the bulk of his Tamil and other South Indian admirers, he presented Hinduism as a racist, Aryan-Brahminical cult as per Caldwell’s diktat.

Periyar then demanded a separate nation, comprising Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada-speaking regions—roughly corresponding to the then Madras Presidency but failed to get British approval.Fortunately, his mangled views were only accepted in present-day Tamil Nadu, while other South Indian regions—Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, and Karnataka rejected them.

Even to this day, a LOT of Tamilians believe in the foolish Periyar ideology. British propaganda was a powerful tool.

Ironically the Brahmins were just 2.5 % of the total population of Tamil Nadu. A true minority.

caldwell.jpg

robertcaldwell227.jpg

Bishop Robert Caldwell.

Damm this dude

Damm this dude

Apparently he is a "Hero" for "Dravidians" :P

Almost as great as his bhakt Periyar, who had some lovely things to say about his fellow Indian Brahmins.

"Only if the Brahmin is destroyed, caste will be destroyed. The Brahmin is a snake entangled in our feet. He will bite. If you take off your leg, that's all. Don't leave. Brahmin is not able to dominate because power is in the hands of the Tamilian"

And when the great Poet, Subramanya Bharathi wrote of Mother Tamil as a sister of Sanskrit in his poems, this is what Periya had to say :P ,

"They say Bharati is an immortal poet.…Even if a rat dies in an akrakāram, they would declare it to be immortal.…All of Tamilnadu praises him. Why should this be so? Supposedly because he sang fulsome praises of Tamil and Tamilnadu. What else could he sing? His own mother tongue, Sanskrit, has been dead for years. What other language did he know? He cannot sing in Sanskrit.…He says Tamilnadu is the land of Aryas"

Today one would call him a Troll or a Hate Monger, in TN he is a Hero :lol:

Last edited:
Confessions of the real Yashwant

JAYALALITHAA'S ENVELOPE

Vajpayee had his own wondrous ways in which to perform. A shocking incident, recorded at page 236, deserves probe. Significantly Yashwant Sinha mentions this incident of 1998 immediately after recording the contretemps of 2001. Yashwant Sinha writes, tongue fairly in cheek, about Vajpayee's omniscience: "The first time I had a taste of this was after a meeting with Jayalalitha sometime towards the end of 1998. I had not had an occasion to meet her after I took over as Finance Minister. Janardanan, an MP from her party who worked with me as Minister of State, informed me one day that `Madam' was very keen to meet me. Could I make a trip to Chennai to see her? I agreed to meet her when I went to Chennai next. I knew that my meeting with Jayalalithaa, against whom there were so many revenue cases, would be publicised out of proportion. I was not at all keen on that kind of publicity."

He consulted Vajpyee who said, "I should meet her". Meet her, he did. Present at the lunch were only three guests - Janardanan, Dilip Ray, Minister of State for Coal, and Yashwant Sinha. "As I was about to leave, Jayalalitha handed me an envelope. Later, when I opened it, I found it was a note about her income tax cases. I did not act on the note because as a policy I did not interfere in such cases. I met the Prime Minister a few days later and reported the details of my meeting with Jayalalitha in Chennai, but forgot to mention the envelope. After I had finished my narration, Vajpayee innocently asked me about the envelope she had given me and its contents. I was taken aback. Obviously, the Prime Minister of India gets to know everything, if he so wishes. Is it a matter of surprise, then, that Vajpayee came to know about my meeting with Brajesh Mishra and the subject we were going to discuss?"

Yashwant Sinha is being too clever by half. Mishra was Vajpayee's confidant as he well knew. Not so Jayalalithaa. Yashwant Sinha professes to attribute omniscience to Vajpayee while insinuating clearly that Vajpayee and Jayalalithaa were in touch with each other. He met her at the Prime Minister's instance and Vajpayee could have come to know of the envelope only from his ally Jayalalithaa herself. The insinuation is all too obvious. Yashwant Sinha is willing to wound but is afraid to strike - Vajpayee wanted Yashwant Sinha to help Jayalalithaa, he insinuates. The deviousness is revolting. It is his parting shot at yet another benefactor.

An appeals court in India has cleared former chief minister of the southern state of Tamil Nadu Jayaram Jayalalitha of involvement in a corruption scandal.

Ms Jayalalitha was convicted and sentenced for four years by a trial court in September.

She was found guilty of amassing unaccounted-for wealth of more than $10m (£6.4m) and had to quit as the chief minister.

Monday's ruling means she can return as the head of Tamil Nadu government.

Jayalalitha: India court clears ex-Tamil Nadu leader of corruption - BBC News

Whats the big deal in celebrating Jaya clean chit, When we celebrated clean chit of Modi, Amith Shah etc.

But don't you think Why she must go to jail when 1000s of others are happily enjoying their life with corrupted money ? This case for 65Cr is nothing when compared t o congress . And she was an actress she earned lots of Money . Why not take that into account ? Karunanidhi families are Asia's richest . Sonia Gandhi families are world's richest . At least Amma doing great job as a CM than SONiA and Manmohan did as PM

Happy Mother's day ....

Puratchi Thalaivi Amma Vazhga Vazhga !!!:-)

She is richest may be, but poor chai man made enough money to buy 10 lakh Rs in one year itself. Instead of ranting Sonia money, ur PM is in power, ask him to register one case against her and atleast try in her in court (I am not asking to track till conviction!). Dont u have access to all the document now?

Apparently he is a "Hero" for "Dravidians" :P

Almost as great as his bhakt Periyar, who had some lovely things to say about his fellow Indian Brahmins.

"Only if the Brahmin is destroyed, caste will be destroyed. The Brahmin is a snake entangled in our feet. He will bite. If you take off your leg, that's all. Don't leave. Brahmin is not able to dominate because power is in the hands of the Tamilian"

And when the great Poet, Subramanya Bharathi wrote of Mother Tamil as a sister of Sanskrit in his poems, this is what Periya had to say :P ,

"They say Bharati is an immortal poet.…Even if a rat dies in an akrakāram, they would declare it to be immortal.…All of Tamilnadu praises him. Why should this be so? Supposedly because he sang fulsome praises of Tamil and Tamilnadu. What else could he sing? His own mother tongue, Sanskrit, has been dead for years. What other language did he know? He cannot sing in Sanskrit.…He says Tamilnadu is the land of Aryas"

Today one would call him a Troll or a Hate Monger, in TN he is a Hero :lol:

Well every state has its share of radicals

Tamil Brahmins are viewed as Outsiders/Foreigners by these so called Tamil nationalist like Periyar,Karuna and vaiko..Ironically they themselves are Telegu speaking migrants from Andra Pradesh...Yes,Ancestors of present Tamil Brahmins were from North Indian,if that is the case,There are many Tamil non Brahmin castes in Tamilnadu,who have North Indian orgin,for eg.Vellala caste,who trace their origin in Gujarat.
Politics of Tamilnadu has been under Telegu dominance for most times.Present Tamilnadu political big guns like Karuna,Vaiko,Vijayakanth(current opposition leader) are of Telegu orgins,but they hide it in public,but have no shame in attacking others for their non Tamil orgin..They use to attack jayalalitha for her Karnataka Brahmin orgin,even called her as an illegitimate daughter of Mysore Maharajah(Actually she is a Tamil iyengar from Mandya,near Mysore)..They did the same against the former CM 'MGR'for his Kerala origin..

LOL. I was wondering when one of you ignorants will attack me for stating the facts :P

Periyar was a Upper caste NAIDU :lol: ..... his name was Raghav Erode Venkata Ramasami Naidu.

Hinduism always had enlightened Atheism as a part of its philosophy. Carvaka was a celebrated philosopher in 600 B.C, much before peiryar :lol: Another one was Makkhali Gosala in 500 BC. There has been a list of celebrated Atheist Hindu philosophers for the last 2000 years. How about "veer" Savarkar ?

Periyar was a man who fought against caste discrimination and for women empowerment, but he was not the only one. Nor does that make him infallible. He was the primary stooge for christian missionaries like Caldwell to fuel hatred in society and divide it to further their agenda.

Religion got reformed because the reasons that corrupted religion got eliminated and that is the same reason untouchability got eliminated. Individuals had little role to play in that, though it has not stopped them or their fans from taking all the credit.

Priyare spewed a ideology of hate and distrust.

After the British rejected Priyar, he then led to a proposal for a union of the Tamil people of not only South India but including those of Sri Lanka as well. THIS is the genesis of the Tamil trouble in Sri Lanka.

This proposal for a “sovereign Tamil” raised concerns among the Sinhalese politicians in Sri Lanka. In 1962, a Sinhalese M.P. stated in the Parliament:

The Sinhalese are the minority in Dravidistan. We are carrying on a struggle for our national existence against the Dravidistan majority.

You can now obliquely thank Periyar for his contribution to spreading hatred and causing the massacre of Tamils in SL by lighting fire to the sensitive issue in SL.

And this is how the Periyar fuelled politics of TN has rewarded Bishop Caldwell. IT released a Stamp in his honour :lol:

tamilnadustamp.jpg

A Statue to Bishop Robert Caldwell on Marina beach donated by Church of South India for promoting the AIT. :lol:

dsc_1097.jpg

And now here we have a new member who acts as if he/she knows all. You can keep all the BS to yourself. It doesnt really matter to which caste Periyar belonged to. The work he did is important. His opposition to religious belief created advantage to missionaries. But it doesnt mean he was their "stooge". Mind your words. He had his own drawbacks like marrying a little girl, and overtly "anti-Hindu" religious proclamations.

But that doesnt take away his social credits nor the commies who run political parties in his name.
He is one of the primary reasons Hinduism got reformed not only in Tamil nadu, but also in whole India.
And Idiot we are not talking of origins of "atheism" or Atheist philosophers of the past nor his soverign Dravidian country, whose views which I do not accept. Understand the basic english of what I am trying to tell. Do not assume things.

Dont quote me unless you have solid reasons for reply. Good bye.

Tamil Brahmins are viewed as Outsiders/Foreigners by these so called Tamil nationalist like Periyar,Karuna and vaiko..Ironically they themselves are Telegu speaking migrants from Andra Pradesh...Yes,Ancestors of present Tamil Brahmins were from North Indian,if that is the case,There are many Tamil non Brahmin castes in Tamilnadu,who have North Indian orgin,for eg.Vellala caste,who trace their origin in Gujarat.
Politics of Tamilnadu has been under Telegu dominance for most times.Present Tamilnadu political big guns like Karuna,Vaiko,Vijayakanth(current opposition leader) are of Telegu orgins,but they hide it in public,but have no shame in attacking others for their non Tamil orgin..They use to attack jayalalitha for her Karnataka Brahmin orgin,even called her as an illegitimate daughter of Mysore Maharajah(Actually she is a Tamil iyengar from Mandya,near Mysore)..They did the same against the former CM 'MGR'for his Kerala origin..

There is no proof Tamil Brahmins are from North India. Brahmins live as far down south as Kumbakonam, Rameshwaram, Nagerkovil etc Karuna is a tamil. But yes, others such as Vaiko, Vijayakanth , Ramadoss are Telugu origins.

Forget about clean leaders unless we change our entire Laws which was formed by Britishers to help their officers to get away. Look at our police laws. Which wr formed in 1800s we still follow it as if no changes can be made . Even Britishers brought so many amendments to these outdated laws. But our political leaders won't do it .As they will control police as their political tool. Shame on Congress who sat on it for so many tears Shame of BJP if they don't clean up this mess .At least bring the amendment bill to the parliaments let the people know who will support or oppose it . We need serious changes drastically. Congress found time to bring Constitutional amendment for adding word Secular but not for Strong independent police force so they can enjoy what British rulers had enjoyed .Shame Shane shame .

Agree. We as a country didnt make laws to suit our old style. In the name of Modernity we followed the old British laws which are Archaic now.

And now here we have a new member who acts as if he/she knows all. You can keep all the BS to yourself. It doesnt really matter to which caste Periyar belonged to. The work he did is important. His opposition to religious belief created advantage to missionaries. But it doesnt mean he was their "stooge". Mind your words. He had his own drawbacks like marrying a little girl, and overtly "anti-Hindu" religious proclamations.

But that doesnt take away his social credits nor the commies who run political parties in his name.
He is one of the primary reasons Hinduism got reformed not only in Tamil nadu, but also in whole India.
And Idiot we are not talking of origins of "atheism" or Atheist philosophers of the past nor his soverign Dravidian country, whose views which I do not accept. Understand the basic english of what I am trying to tell. Do not assume things.

Dont quote me unless you have solid reasons for reply. Good bye.

Human intelligence and stupidity has no relevance to new or old members. :lol: ........ that is what lame posters use to hide their incompetence and ignorance. It does not work.

Periyar's caste is very much relevant as he has fashioned himself as someone who speaks for the lower caste :lol: ...... Unlike Ambedkar who was actually from the lower caste and a true scholar, Pariya was a fraud who used a religious bigots propaganda to further his own agenda.

This is what Ambedkar, a true Dalit had to say about the nonsense Periyar spread,

"Enough has been said to show how leaky is the Aryan theory expounded by western scholars….. Yet, the theory has such a hold on the people that what has been said against it may mean no more than scotching it. Like the snake, it must be killed…..In the face of the discovery of new facts, the theory can no longer stand and must be thrown on the scrap heap."

The Hate that Pariyar spread is also equally important and relevant. Why are you ashamed to face that ? :azn:

As far as Hinduism is concerned, Periya is a BLOT on it. He tried his best to destroy Hinduism, not reform it :sick: ...... No amount of lies is going to white wash that.

Periyar as an upper caste Hindu, hijacked the dalit movement in Tamil Nadu. That is why even today Dalit's in TN has to face discrimination and nothing has changed for them. You even have Dalit Christians in TN. :cheesy:

Periyar's is the primary reason for killing Hinduism in TN and the Christian missionaries being able to fill that Vacuum. Due to his providing political patronage to Missionary propaganda and agenda.

In kerala true Dalit leaders and well wishers like Mahatma Ayyankali and Sree Narayana Guru never abused Hinduism, but create actual Renaissance and abolition of caste-ism.

There is no genetic evidence that Tamil Brahmins are from North India.

Neither Iyer nor Iyegar.

Its a baseless bigotry based on the AIT and racist theories based on the colour of the skin.

First Salman Khan and Now Jayalalitha...I am losing faith in our judiciary :(

There is no proof Tamil Brahmins are from North India. Brahmins live as far down south as Kumbakonam, Rameshwaram, Nagerkovil etc Karuna is a tamil. But yes, others such as Vaiko, Vijayakanth , Ramadoss are Telugu origins.
Tamils Brahmins are even in Kerala too..Famous Malayalam actor 'Jayaram' is from Tamil Iyer community from Kerala.
Karuna's ancestors were from Rajamundry,East Godawari district of Andra Pradesh.
Ramadoss is from Vanniyar community,Isn't Vanniyars are Tamil??

Back
Top Bottom