What's new

Is Hinduism a true religion as per Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course its kind of unbelievable to think that Hindus all just made up their human-like deities out of nothing. They made Christ, a God in much more modern times, its more than likely that Ram, Lakshman n the hundred others could've been Prophets who were later misconstrued as Gods.

Hinduism too has MAIN gods and the other gods are just reincarnations or impressions of the Main gods. Main Gods: Brahma is the creator, Vishnu the preserver and Shiva the destroyer. Here too they say it's just one God, and he too has different impressions. Sort of like a Hindu Trinity.

Perhaps different people of India saw that ONE god in different ways and over a period of time they just started to recognize it as their own sort of God.

If God brought destruction then he was Shiv, if there was life, then Brahma, or if there was abundance then Vishnu. Even today you'll find millions of Hindus worshiping anything they find magnificent. They made a Sachin Tendulkar Mandir some 5-10 years ago. So it's easy to imagine how people of that time might have made, say Ram into a full fledged God.

In our own Islamic tradition we have such a similar story from which we should be able to bridge some gaps between idol worshipers and the believers in one god. The story of the Prophet Musa and the golden Calf. How he left the Israelis for 40 days and they reverted into idolatry. Hinduism by comparison is so old that there aren't many historical or archaeological findings to prove any of it like you can prove stories of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

But myths, though exaggerated, have some basis in actual events that have taken place. For example in todays world we have UFO sightings. If a Hindu from let's say Post-Iceage civilization predating the Egyptian/Sumerian civilization saw some UFO, he would draw in his paintings a flying chariot. Something that's relevant to him.

So if the simple minds of that time ever came across a Prophet, the Prophet would only be able to truly pass his message to a few people only. But sooner or later that would be distorted by the simple minds.

There's so much to learn about our history, the origins of mankind. And the answers lie in digging up these old pagan myths and applying logic to make out what those simpler beings were trying to express.

Even when it comes to the Abrahamic faiths the oldest, provable Prophet is Musa, since he is validated by not only Jewish books but also Ancient Egypt archaeological finds.

In reality Hinduism has only one god. Our Main Book Gita.
He who has no name, cannot be defined by humans, it goes like that; rest all gods are inactuality his way of teaching, about Hinduisim. Someone who knows the religion can probably answer it properly,

I think most of the fairy tales are from Veda's and such, but according to Gita there is only one god.

I am the last person in the world, to ask about Hinduism.

Here I got it,

All is one and one is all.

Himself as in all beings,
And all beings in himself,
Sees he whose self is disciplined in discipline,
Who sees the same in all things.

Who sees Me in all,
And sees all in Me,
For him I am not lost,
And he is not lost for me.

Whoso reveres me as abiding in all things,
adopting the belief in oneness,
though abiding in any possible condition,
that disciplined man abides in Me.
[vi. 29-31]

God is indescribable radiance and power.

If the light of a thousand suns
should suddenly burst forth in the sky
it would be like the light
of that exalted one.

The whole world there united,
And divided many-fold,
the son of Pandu then
beheld in the God of Gods' body

"A mass of radiance, glowing on all sides,
I see Thee, hard to look at, on every side
With the glory of flaming fire and sun, immeasurable.

"Without beginning, middle or end, of infinite power,
of infinite arms, whose eyes are the moon and sun,
I see thee, whose face is flaming fire,
Burning this whole universe with Thy radiance."
[xi.12-19]

God is source, and maintainer of the universe.

My higher nature know:
It is the Life, great-armed one,
By which this world is maintained.

Beings spring from it,
All of them, be assured,
Of the whole world I am
The origin and dissolution too.

On Me all this (universe) is strung,
Like heaps of pearls on a string.
[vii.5-7]

Taking as base my own material-nature
I send forth again and again
This whole host of beings.
[ix.8]

Whatsoever of all beings
Is the seed, that am I, Arjuna;
There is none such as could be without
Me, no being moving or unmoving.
[x.39]

God is the beginning and end. Cosmic cycles.

I am death that carries off all,
And the origin of things that are to be.
[x.34]

All beings, son of Kunti,
Pass into my material nature
At the end of a world-aeon; them again
I send forth at the beginning of a new world-aeon.
[ix.7]

God is in everything. God is the central quality in all objects.

I am taste in water, son of Kunti,
I am light in the moon and sun.
The sacred syllable Om of all the Vedas,
Sound in ether, manliness in men.

I am the goodly odor in earth,
And brilliance in fire am I,
Life in all beings,
And austerity in ascetics am I.

Know me as the eternal seed of all beings.
I am intelligence of the intelligent.
Majesty of the majestic am I.
[vii.8-10]

I am the soul, Gudakesa,
that abides in the heart of all beings.
[vii.20]

God also transcends the world

By me is pervaded all this universe,
by me in the form of the unmanifest.
All beings rest in me,
And I do not rest in them.
[ix.4]

Whatsoever being possesses lordliness or majesty or greatness, know thou that every such being springs from a fraction of my glory
I support this entire world with a single fraction of myself.
[x.41-42.]

Foolish men conceive me, the unmanifest, as having become manifest. They do not know my higher nature, everlasting and supreme.
[7.24]

Predestination.

Conquer thine enemies and enjoy prospered kingship.
By me myself they have already been slain long ago.
Be thou the mere instrument.
[xi.33]

from my own Hindu relatives in India what i came to know( well sort of coming from an Hindu-Muslim mix family through marriage Muslim family is a combination of ehle-Hadees( the Saudi model) & Hindu family are Brahmans & that to (the Brahmans of the most top class compartment) and what strikes me about them is their avid similarities from the post pagan Makkah/Baghdad ( Arab/Persian) way of social circle code of life family ( very muCh like our own Makkah model where before ISLAM subjects like polygamy, divorce right to chose questioning the religious authoress or tribal head ( eg. Indian version of high class THAKUR or PUNDIT) were considered taboo subjects plus a traditionally rooted way of idol worshiping remember we read in side the holy Kaaba before ISLAM their used to be different idols for different needs like for eg in the Indian version you have ganish or laxmi for prosperity you have the Kali for sacrifice durga for family peace maa sherawali for streanght Shiva for power om for peace very smiler to the post pagan Makkah believe system a very strong one by the way i thing along with Buddhism the Arab/Persian pagan religion might have a link to it plus the blend of Zoroastrians or Persis/Jain's cannot be ruled out as fire Agni is a very strong form of inspirations and also a source of strength plus all this with the Aryan civilizations is a must because it was them who draw the rules Dravidian's or south Indians just followed it but Hinduism none the less has a striking similarities with the pagans of Arabia/Persia and if we can get that link between the two we might hit the jack pot of its originalities. so its history/myth/ geology & politics to be honest & the Aryan's knew how to combine them thats why it makes sense for them to write down the rules too . IMHO

one thing should be kept in mind that hindus are only in india...means they have limited area...on the other hand muslims are in alomost every part of the world which shows Islam is a powerful religion...hamm

Whatever spreads fast neednt be good, SARS/bird Flu/AIDS all spread fast too.

Bull what the **** was that about? :angry:

My religion is better than yours :P. I don't think Mumair meant that, Bull. Although it was irrelevant to this discussion. So let's stick to the topic.

Whatever spreads fast neednt be good, SARS/bird Flu/AIDS all spread fast too.

False religions have a problem that these are always regional and limited to a certain community based on so called "Honour" of tribe or group.

The religions which are from Almighty do not have specific area or a group of people to follow, these religions spread everywhere because of the strenght of idea.

Sars and religion are two opposite things, religion is truth and spreads based on strength of its teachings, while sars and HIV is an evil and ultimately curtailed to one region or eliminated.

Stone and idle worship can not get approval of society although it was an oldest practice as it was an evil, while spirituality and truth is always universal and for entire huminity.

Here we go,

Now we got into idol worship is evil.....Its our way of worship Mir, we are pretty happy with it, you dont have to do it.
Read the above post that i made which shows real hinduism, that is one god and one power. Understand why people do worship using idols. Its not the stone they are worshipping, its the shape that signifies the meaning.

Here we go,

Now we got into idol worship is evil.....Its our way of worship Mir, we are pretty happy with it, you dont have to do it.
Read the above post that i made which shows real hinduism, that is one god and one power. Understand why people do worship using idols. Its not the stone they are worshipping, its the shape that signifies the meaning.

If you are happy with it then learn something from it to respect others way of worship as well, if it have any ethichs in it, while only truth survives in entire world and it is a universal fact, we can not say that truth is like Sars or HIV.

Hope you get my point.

I have send a PM to Webby, and he knows my view on that. Just leave it, read my posts on the Gita, and put yours views on it, lets get on with the discussion. Those are the true explanations of GoD as given by the most important Hindu Book

ya ok ok... but you people have different gods for different things, you have the god for love, you have the god for food, you have the god for power, yet on the other hand you have also made the god for cricket i.e Sachein, before the world cup of 1999 you people arouse the slougen that cricket is your religion and tandulkar is ur god hannn. oh man how many religion and god do you have hannn.....:GUNS:

I am not interested to talk to a person like you; so please dont qoute me. Let us poor dark little indians and hindu's be...thank you.

You need to be more open in discussion, comparing a religion with SARS is nothing which should be tolrated.

Now if we talk about God's, we can not force every one to respect these so called gods, for example the white shemale from Uk which became a "Godess" in India with 6" long dick would not be accepted by civilised world to be a Godess.

Let people express their openion.

In reality Hinduism has only one god. Our Main Book Gita.
He who has no name, cannot be defined by humans, it goes like that; rest all gods are inactuality his way of teaching, about Hinduisim. Someone who knows the religion can probably answer it properly,

I think most of the fairy tales are from Veda's and such, but according to Gita there is only one god.

I am the last person in the world, to ask about Hinduism.
I think Hindus just use the wrong terminology. If there is ONE god, they should stick with that and use the term "Prophets" for the others.

But judging from even modern Indian Hindu culture, calling someone (even a human being of today) a bhagwan is considered the ultimate form of praise. If this same behavior happened for millenia, changes in religion are possible. Prophet's became gods and the ONE god got broken down into three simpe categories based on the characteristics.

Muslims too call Allah by 99 names, btw and all the names are based on characteristics. Al-Khaliq - The creator, Al- Razzaq - The Sustainer, Al-Hafiz - The Preserver, Al-Daer - The Creator of Destruction.

Now imagine if this concept was there milleniums ago, we are talking about pre-Egyptian/Sumerian times... Humans would've just broken down the 99 names into 99 Gods. Since each is a Godly function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom