What's new

Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar For Best Foreign Language Film

with no doubt.

not for Iranian with minimum amount of nationalism.
به نظر شما میهن پرستی یعنی اینکه چشممان را به بدیهای جامعه خودمون ببندیم ؟

will watch... foreign language oscar winners are usually pretty good movies.. not selected based on commercial success..
Well political reasons played a major part in the selection of this movie.

به نظر شما میهن پرستی یعنی اینکه چشممان را به بدیهای جامعه خودمون ببندیم ؟

Well political reasons played a major part in the selection of this movie.
might be...

Who says Hollywood is looked down in Iran ?
I bet more than 90% of Iranian prefer to watch an average Hollywood movie compared to an average Iranian movie.

The question is why no Iranian organization was willing to support the financial aspect of producing the movie.
به نظر شما برای چه این شخص باید مورد حمایت مالی قرار بگیرد ولی کارگردان هایی مثل فرهادی که بسیار توانا تر از نظر هنری هستند برای حمایت مالی باید به سراغ بنیادهای خارجی بروند
123219_626.jpg
If the movie was about a jew or arab roaming in desert they would finance it for propaganda reasons, even if the movie would make no profit.

Last edited:
The fact that this movie makes people like you angry is a good thing. You are an absolute minority in Iran with such extremist views who can't even tolerate a movie.
Never seen you bashing @mohsen the way you are doing here. Take him lightly man. He is just a pure enthusiast with a golden heart. I said enthusiast so don't expect much change in opinion. He is the type of person that is always devoted to the cause. You may disagree with @mohsen, but you have to give him credit for being consistent. Something PDF members don't consider important. Finally, I have noticed that in every society there should be people of every direction so the truth can exist somehwere and doesn't die totally. You have the liberals that without them certain things won't be accessible, and you also have conservatives (with variations) who also make sure the good old virtues remain unchanged.

Avoiding misperception? State Dept deletes Twitter post congratulating Iranian Oscar winner
Published time: 28 Feb, 2017 10:07Edited time: 28 Feb, 2017 10:17
Get short URL
58b54a4ac36188090d8b45b7.jpg

Asghar Farhadi © Yan Maisani / www.globallookpress.com
Посмотреть изображение в Твиттере
C5tJyS-WQAA9ocX.jpg:small

Persian-language @StateDept Twitter account @USAdarFarsi issues, then deletes congratulations for #Iran film director's #Oscar win.

According to screenshots circulating on Twitter, the @USAdarFarsi account posted the congratulatory message around 1am EST. The text was then deleted.

“A congratulatory tweet was posted,” a State Department spokeswoman told Reuters, adding “we later removed the post to avoid any misperception that the USG [US government] endorsed the comments made in the acceptance speech.”

Another State Department official said the decision to dump the tweet had been made within the department.

Farhadi, 44, was among those denied entry to the United States after Donald Trump signed an executive order late last month banning foreign citizens from Syria, Iraq, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, Yemen, and Iran from entering the US for 90 days. In early February, a federal judge issued a temporary nationwide restraining order that blocked the enforcement of the controversial executive order.

The acclaimed filmmaker said he would boycott the Oscars even if an exception was made for him, however.

Trump’s Muslim ban presented “ifs and buts which are in no way acceptable to me, even if exceptions were to be made for my trip,” Farhadi said in an interview with the New York Times late last month.

His outspoken speech at the 89th Academy Awards in Los Angeles was read by Iranian-American engineer and astronaut Anousheh Ansari, who accepted the trophy on Farhadi’s behalf.

“I’m sorry I’m not with you tonight” it read. “My absence is out of respect for the people of my country and those from other six nations who have been disrespected by the inhumane law that bans entry of immigrants to the US. Dividing the world into the US and our enemies categories creates fear – a deceitful justification for aggression and war,” the statement said.

In 2012, Farhadi won an Oscar for A Separation and dedicated the coveted award to the Iranian people.

“I proudly offer this award to the people of my country, the people who respect all cultures and civilizations, and despise hostility and resentment,” Farhadi said in accepting that award onstage.

https://www.rt.com/usa/378857-state-department-tweet-farhadi/

First of all, this movie cannot represent the reality of Iranian society. Secondly, there is a saying, a prize from my enemies proves me i have made a huge mistake and i must get sure about this fact that i have defamed my nationality.
So don't ask me to be happy and say hurray for some traitors.
That movie says no good thing of Iranian society, it's full of misery and treason. It is a blasphemy
“I proudly offer this award to the people of my country, the people who respect all cultures and civilizations, and despise hostility and resentment,” Farhadi said in accepting that award onstage.

https://www.rt.com/usa/378857-state-department-tweet-farhadi/
Someone must tell him from me, go ph*k yourself traitor.
He must get a Qatari visa immediately and then get the hell out of our fatherland.

First of all, this movie cannot represent the reality of Iranian society. Secondly, there is a saying, a prize from my enemies proves me i have made a huge mistake and i must get sure about this fact that i have defamed my nationality.
So don't ask me to be happy and say hurray for some traitors.
That movie says no good thing of Iranian society, it's full of misery and treason. It is a blasphemy
Its a movie ffs, its meant to be fictional... Don't expect every movie that comes out of Iran to be all sunshine and rainbows.

Its a movie ffs, its meant to be fictional... Don't expect every movie that comes out of Iran to be all sunshine and rainbows.
Bro, Qatar is one of the top protectors of ISIS. I don't expect them to be fair with Iran and Iranians.
But the fact behind this prize is demonizing our society. I don't deny crimes in our community but it is not a permanent event taking place everyday.
I just ask you to watch that movie, it's background scene is full of misery and adversity. That is not who we are bro. That's all i'm trying to say

Bro, Qatar is one of the top protectors of ISIS. I don't expect them to be fair with Iran and Iranians.
But the fact behind this prize is demonizing our society. I don't deny crimes in our community but it is not a permanent event taking place everyday.
I just ask you to watch that movie, it's background scene is full of misery and adversity. That is not who we are bro. That's all i'm trying to say
I hardly think that movie was trying to represent Iranian society as full of misery and adversity. Maybe the situation the protagonists were in, but not the whole society.

I hardly think that movie was trying to represent Iranian society as full of misery and adversity. Maybe the situation the protagonists were in, but not the whole society.
If we suppose it is not speaking of whole our community then you are right. But i consider it as a representative of our society. Anyway, if i were Farhadi, i would refuse the prize evenif there was no travel ban you know.
Some nationalism feelings is necessary for those guys in that movie.

1. It's a movie, not a documentary
2. It's mentioned 100 times that it's based on a book written by Arthur Miller.
3. There are crimes in every country.
4. If Qatar funded the movie, well done by business minded Qataris who make profit from Iranian talent while some figures in Iran curse our talents. Iran funds movies like hazrat yusuf, mohammed, hussain from peoples money. It's a matter of choice bro. Put your money on the winning horse.

If we suppose it is not speaking of whole our community then you are right. But i consider it as a representative of our society. Anyway, if i were Farhadi, i would refuse the prize evenif there was no travel ban you know.
Some nationalism feelings is necessary for those guys in that movie.
Farhadi did great by giving slap in the face of Trump and Iranian versions of Trump at the same time.
He won the oscar, invited Iranian businesswomen (she went to space) and another Iranian scientist from Nasa.
In this way he showed Iranians as a talented, great nation. This upsets some figures of ofcourse.. from inside and outside Iran, who see and arrest Iranian-americans as spies instead of welcoming them.

And below the soosmari ideology starts to spread their poison against Iran.

TEHRAN, IRAN
Two Iranian hard-line newspapers have criticized Asghar Farhadi's best foreign film Oscar, claiming "politics" brought him the award.

The Keyhan daily said on Tuesday that President Donald Trump's executive order to ban U.S. entry for citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries, including Iran, was behind the award for "The Salesman."

The Javan daily says "Farhadi owes Donald Trump and the Democrats' media propaganda for his second Oscar" and argues that the Oscar was an individual's achievement rather than success of the Iranian cinema.

Javan is considered close to Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guard and hard-liners who have disapproved of Farhadi's art — and the speech delivered in his name at the Oscars.

This was the second Oscar for Farhadi, who boycotted the ceremony in protest of Trump's executive order.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/article135393969.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
Who says Hollywood is looked down in Iran ?
I bet more than 90% of Iranian prefer to watch an average Hollywood movie compared to an average Iranian movie.

The question is why no Iranian organization was willing to support the financial aspect of producing the movie.
به نظر شما برای چه این شخص باید مورد حمایت مالی قرار بگیرد ولی کارگردان هایی مثل فرهادی که بسیار توانا تر از نظر هنری هستند برای حمایت مالی باید به سراغ بنیادهای خارجی بروند
123219_626.jpg
Actually the question is why should any Iranian finance a movie which shows a negative image of Iran. why Farhadi insist on creating such movies?
well, answer became obvious when Trump banned Iranian entrance and this traitor Farhadi criticized Iranian instead.
and that Wahhabi/Arab (whose hostility against Iranian is obvious) didn't mistake on her choice.

The fact that this movie makes people like you angry is a good thing. You are an absolute minority in Iran with such extremist views who can't even tolerate a movie.
well, you share your happiness with Zionists and Wahhabis. it's a good thing that you show your true-self too.

even Motahhari who is a reformist said this movie doesn't show a good image of Iranian society.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom